No announcement yet.

Michigan State Hockey 202?-202?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two weeks away from the return of hockey. We start with a series against ASU. They will have played two games with Michigan which could work to their advantage. They of course have no scouting reports for us while we will for them.

Cole seems upbeat and expects this team to score more than last year.

New players expected to contribute on offense are Combs (grad transfer with offensive skills in a compact package), Papp, and Hodges (both of whom Cole expects to make an immediate impact.

On D, while we have 4 newbies, the combined talent is much better than the 4 they replace. Each has a different skill set and I expect 3 to dress for most games (at least early in the season).

Cole has also praised Joshua and says he has made big improvement.

Comment

Originally posted by wsummers View Post
      Two weeks away from the return of hockey. We start with a series against ASU. They will have played two games with Michigan which could work to their advantage. They of course have no scouting reports for us while we will for them.

Cole seems upbeat and expects this team to score more than last year.

New players expected to contribute on offense are Combs (grad transfer with offensive skills in a compact package), Papp, and Hodges (both of whom Cole expects to make an immediate impact.

On D, while we have 4 newbies, the combined talent is much better than the 4 they replace. Each has a different skill set and I expect 3 to dress for most games (at least early in the season).

Cole has also praised Joshua and says he has made big improvement.
      Had to review the roster because I don’t even remember many of the new guys we’re bringing in. This year will not count agains to eligibility, right? Might be useful of Combs proves to be an asset. A few of the incoming D also put up decent scoring numbers. If we could end up with multiple D lines that are a threat to set up goals then that would be huge.

I see our game Thursday is on BTN. I’m pretty excited for the first time in several months. Should at least make a better watch than the football team currently.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateasaur View Post

Had to review the roster because I don’t even remember many of the new guys we’re bringing in. This year will not count agains to eligibility, right? Might be useful of Combs proves to be an asset. A few of the incoming D also put up decent scoring numbers. If we could end up with multiple D lines that are a threat to set up goals then that would be huge.

I see our game Thursday is on BTN. I’m pretty excited for the first time in several months. Should at least make a better watch than the football team currently.
        Yes, this year does not count toward 4 years of eligibility. Will be interesting to see which (if any) players take advantage and what it does to players in the queue. Combs might well be around another year assuming he’s on a multiyear grad program.

Unlike most years the team has had no warm up games, but also much more practice time. Looking forward to Thursday. ASU should have an advantage early having played two games.

Comment

HOCKEY TONIGHT!! It's too bad we will only be able to watch 4 of these first set of games on TV with no streaming option being available it seems. Must be they are not allowing students into Munn to produce the BTN2GO streams.

Lewandowski-Papp-Muller
          Combs-Nodler-Hodges
          Joshua-Apap-Stevens
          Goodsir-Mattson-Esteves
          Kamer

Miller-Cesana
          Co. Krygier-Nienhuis
          Ch. Krygier-Gallacher

DeRidder Charleson Mor

Lineup predictions for tonight from Nathaniel Bott of the LSJ. Will be interesting to see if these are in fact correct.. Hoping for some exciting hockey from this group!

Comment

Originally posted by gomsuman View Post
            HOCKEY TONIGHT!! It's too bad we will only be able to watch 4 of these first set of games on TV with no streaming option being available it seems. Must be they are not allowing students into Munn to produce the BTN2GO streams.

Lewandowski-Papp-Muller
            Combs-Nodler-Hodges
            Joshua-Apap-Stevens
            Goodsir-Mattson-Esteves
            Kamer

Miller-Cesana
            Co. Krygier-Nienhuis
            Ch. Krygier-Gallacher

DeRidder Charleson Mor

Lineup predictions for tonight from Nathaniel Bott of the LSJ. Will be interesting to see if these are in fact correct.. Hoping for some exciting hockey from this group!
            Updated actual line charts that were just released at 4:40pm..

Combs-Nodler-Hodges
            Lewandowski-Papp-Muller
            Joshua-Apap-Stevens
            Goodsir-Mattson-Haskins
            Esteves

Co Krygier-Cesana
            Ch Krygier-Gallacher
            Nienhuis-Miller

Deridder-Charleson-Mor

Comment

My understanding is tomorrow is on B10+

Comment

How very Arizona State. The guy who could easily have been dismissed with a borderline major penalty ends up scoring the tying goal.

And this baseball/softball guy that BTN scraped up is horri-awful.

Comment

Disappointing to lose the late lead but other than that, we played fine. I guess we look how I expected, but maybe a slightly worse powerplay. Defense was quite good and DeRidder was excellent, which is certainly a bright spot. But we still lack offensive firepower or the ability to control the puck offensively for very long. I think Cole’s gonna have to recruit his way out of this new tradition of ours.

Comment

My understanding is tomorrow is on B10+
                    You are correct! Must be they are taking a game by game approach because as of the msuspartans.com schedule earlier in the week it was not listed but is now? Future games only have radio listed.. Perhaps the B10 website is a better place to look in the future...

Comment

It seems like Danton has a lot of confidence with this team. Defensively, it was a fantastic weekend and DeRitter also looked very good, but I still don't see where the goal-scoring is going to come from. That said, the sample size is pretty limited.

I'm cautiously optimistic. (I'm growing less optimistic about actually getting through the season, though.)
                      Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
                      66 - 86 - 07
                      59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
                      59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

Also, did anyone else here shell out the $75 for a cardboard cutout? I did. It's going to be weird watching "me" in the crowd haunting the blue line from the comfort of my armchair at home.

That said, what about this year isn't weird?
                        Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
                        66 - 86 - 07
                        59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
                        59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

Originally posted by aallenpollreisz View Post
                          It seems like Danton has a lot of confidence with this team. Defensively, it was a fantastic weekend and DeRitter also looked very good, but I still don't see where the goal-scoring is going to come from. That said, the sample size is pretty limited.

I'm cautiously optimistic. (I'm growing less optimistic about actually getting through the season, though.)
                          I share your divided optimism. I think we'll be a solid defensive team that will struggle for goals. That looked true based on what was returning from last season and what we see on the roster now. Biggest issue from this weekend was 0-6 on the power play. A young team struggling to score in the run of play is one thing, but you've got to take advantage of these opportunities to have chances to win with this kind of team.
                          An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind...

Comment

It’s only been 2 games. I’m reserving my assessment of the power play and offense for another month. A 1.5/game goals scored is not good, but it’s better than ASU with a .5. By January both will be higher.

Comment

You are correct! Must be they are taking a game by game approach because as of the msuspartans.com schedule earlier in the week it was not listed but is now? Future games only have radio listed.. Perhaps the B10 website is a better place to look in the future...
                              Both games at OSU will be on B10+

Comment

Both games at OSU will be on B10+
                                Thanks. I will have to break down and finally subscribe this year!

Comment

Working...
                                X