Michigan State Hockey 202?-202?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michigan State Hockey 202?-202?

https://twitter.com/MSU_Hockey/statu...36725189173250. At least we can enjoy the exterior view, if not come inside for a game.

Hey nice work by D Jeff Petry, who has two game winners in a row in the Round Robins, including an overtime beauty.

Comment

I heard rumblings that a few new recruits recently committed.. Anybody have any details?

Comment

Originally posted by gomsuman View Post
        I heard rumblings that a few new recruits recently committed.. Anybody have any details?
        All 2004 birth years eligible to commit on August 1st due to the new recruiting rules; all potential OHL flight risks given their position in that draft; all playing local U15 AAA so it remains to be seen if the prolific scoring transfers to high-end juniors. That having been said, I like the scoring potential thus far:

Dominic Elliott: https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe...ominic-elliott
        Tucker Shedd: https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe...2/tucker-shedd
        Owen Baker: https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/526096/owen-baker
        Justin Varner: https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe.../justin-varner

Comment

Beekman said today on TV-10 that he expects for there to be a hockey season. I expect, however, it may not start until January and possibly be only BIG10 games.

Comment

Originally posted by wsummers View Post
            Beekman said today on TV-10 that he expects for there to be a hockey season. I expect, however, it may not start until January and possibly be only BIG10 games.
            No games against the Sun Devils?????

Comment

Originally posted by Sol Diablo View Post

No games against the Sun Devils?????
              No schedule has been announced, however, I have heard no rumors of ASU being on the schedule for this year.

Comment

No schedule has been announced, however, I have heard no rumors of ASU being on the schedule for this year.
                ASU has not yet released any schedule either.

Comment

Just realized that we’re past the point we’d have had at least 1 real series in a normal year. I have for so long written off a hockey season that I never thought about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateasaur View Post
                    Just realized that we’re past the point we’d have had at least 1 real series in a normal year. I have for so long written off a hockey season that I never thought about it.
                    Yes, normally we’d have had 3 or 4 games plus the Green and White scrimmage by now. Instead we have the promise of 28 games starting in 4 weeks. Not sure why a schedule hasn’t been released yet.

That said, it looks like this team will be ok on defense. Offense has potential, but will need the underclassmen to step up to match or improve on last year’s conference record.

Comment

Yes, normally we’d have had 3 or 4 games plus the Green and White scrimmage by now. Instead we have the promise of 28 games starting in 4 weeks. Not sure why a schedule hasn’t been released yet.

That said, it looks like this team will be ok on defense. Offense has potential, but will need the underclassmen to step up to match or improve on last year’s conference record.
                      Not holding my breath for any meaningful improvement. Defense features 4 vets and 4 frosh, so "OK" is in the eye of the beholder. Will be interested to see if Charleson challenges DeRidder for starts, who was a bit too inconsistent last season for my liking. As for the offense, here's hoping that Nodler (who just attended WJC evaluation camp which is an honor whether he's selected or not); Lewandowski; and Muller take the next steps, respectively, and Frosh Papp lives up to his billing and hits the ground running. Still, our talent pales in comparison to most of our B1G brethren. I'm anticipating what will feel like a long, shortened season but hope I'm proven wrong.

Comment

Any news on how/if games are televised?

Comment

Originally posted by Sol Diablo View Post
                          Any news on how/if games are televised?
                          No, but typically the B10 Network will do two games a week after New Years and most of the rest are available on various Fox Sports, other cable, or streaming services. Hopefully schedule with TV packages will be announced soon.
                          Last edited by wsummers; 10-18-2020, 10:20 PM.

Comment

No, but typically the B10 Network will do two games a week after New Years and most of the rest are available on various Fox Sports, other cable, or streaming services. Hopefully schedule with TV packages will be announced soon.
                            PAC 12 televised many of the ASU home ice games, maybe that will help get more coverage also.

Comment

Just noticed Jesse Tucker decommitted from LSSU and is now a 2021 MSU commit according to his Twitter account. He is a center playing for Green Bay with decent offensive numbers.

Comment

Working...
                              X