No announcement yet.

Michigan State Hockey 202?-202?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah and so ends another chapter in Spartan hockey. It ended as so many do these years: In round 1 of the league tournament. They almost had me excited for a while, there!

Comment

Dennis Cesana get's more and more mentionned as a college free agent who could sign a NHL contract ...

Comment

On his last radio show of the year Cole said a grad transfer not yet announced will be added for next year. Additionally, he said possibly 2 players may take advantage of a 5th year. If that is the case and no one leaves anyone else in the queue will be playing in the USHL another year.

Comment

Originally posted by wsummers View Post
          On his last radio show of the year Cole said a grad transfer not yet announced will be added for next year. Additionally, he said possibly 2 players may take advantage of a 5th year. If that is the case and no one leaves anyone else in the queue will be playing in the USHL another year.
          Let the speculation commence! But seriously, all things being equal that's probably just as well because anyone in the USHL who's not already signed for next season isn't particularly ready to come in anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by FLHockeyMom View Post

Let the speculation commence! But seriously, all things being equal that's probably just as well because anyone in the USHL who's not already signed for next season isn't particularly ready to come in anyways.
            Only speculation on the grad transfer would be a Charlie Combs type who is using a 5th year to get some of his graduate degree paid for while playing hockey an additional year.

As far as the other two, probably some combination of Combs, Lewandowski, and Apap. Anyone else would be a shock.

The seniors other than Combs were the last class not recruited by Cole. Hoping to make it to double digits on the PP and 2 goals per games next year.

Comment

Originally posted by wsummers View Post

Only speculation on the grad transfer would be a Charlie Combs type who is using a 5th year to get some of his graduate degree paid for while playing hockey an additional year.

As far as the other two, probably some combination of Combs, Lewandowski, and Apap. Anyone else would be a shock.

The seniors other than Combs were the last class not recruited by Cole. Hoping to make it to double digits on the PP and 2 goals per games next year.
              The transfer candidates could be endless since the prevailing sentiment is that there will be a ton of player movement in the offseason given the new rules.

For better or worse, I have a feeling that you can add Tommy Miller to the potential seniors taking advantage of a fifth year. Not that I'd advocate for either him or Apap.

Comment

Originally posted by FLHockeyMom View Post

The transfer candidates could be endless since the prevailing sentiment is that there will be a ton of player movement in the offseason given the new rules.

For better or worse, I have a feeling that you can add Tommy Miller to the potential seniors taking advantage of a fifth year. Not that I'd advocate for either him or Apap.
                Combs feels obvious, which would be great.

Apap and Miller earned B1G all-academic honors so I feel like they may be more likely to continue school as opposed to jumping to the ECHL or something.

i wouldn’t be opposed to Apap or Miller, but there is a logjam at D and I’d like Cole to get his guys in here.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateasaur View Post

Combs feels obvious, which would be great.

Apap and Miller earned B1G all-academic honors so I feel like they may be more likely to continue school as opposed to jumping to the ECHL or something.

i wouldn’t be opposed to Apap or Miller, but there is a logjam at D and I’d like Cole to get his guys in here.
                  I'm opposed to both Apap and Miller because they've had 4 seasons to show what they can do, and there's been little progression. Miller in particular is a head scratcher since he was at the NTDP on a stacked team. As you say, Cole needs to switch things up with some new blood.

Comment

Here's a decent fifth-year transfer candidate in the portal who's from Michigan:

https://***********/SchlossmanGF/sta...96200062779394

https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe.../casey-gilling

Comment

• Originally posted by FLHockeyMom View Post
                      Here's a decent fifth-year transfer candidate in the portal who's from Michigan:

https://***********/SchlossmanGF/sta...96200062779394

https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe.../casey-gilling
                      Gilling certainly looks to be the most likely candidate. Now, if Grant Cruikshank (in the portal, but not a grad transfer) was interested I’ll grab him.

Comment

• Cross off Combs. He just signed with Wichita Thunder.

Comment

• So, now that we are back...

Brody Stevens and Tommy Miller have entered the transfer portal hoping for a 5th year elsewhere.

Casey Gilling is headed for UMD...so cross him off.

Lewie has been announced as returning to MSU for a 5th year.

Assuming no one leaves early, that leaves spots for 2 forwards. One is a mystery transfer. No idea who that could be, but there are several that I could get excited about in the portal.

Daniel Russell has been having a good year in the USHL and could be added to this class.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsummers View Post
                            So, now that we are back...

Brody Stevens and Tommy Miller have entered the transfer portal hoping for a 5th year elsewhere.

Casey Gilling is headed for UMD...so cross him off.

Lewie has been announced as returning to MSU for a 5th year.

Assuming no one leaves early, that leaves spots for 2 forwards. One is a mystery transfer. No idea who that could be, but there are several that I could get excited about in the portal.

Daniel Russell has been having a good year in the USHL and could be added to this class.
                            Nice summary of where we're at.

Big DRW draft pick Jack Adams is apparently now healthy and in the portal, so he replaces Casey Gilling on my wish list:

https://***********/SchlossmanGF/sta...52913291091968

Comment

• Confirmation that Apap is not returning:

https://***********/ep_transfers/sta...31877858664453

Comment

• Esteves makes 3 Seniors who have entered the transfer portal hoping for a 5th year elsewhere.

Comment

Working...
                                X