X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John J. MacInnes
    replied
    Four players in the portal on day 1.

Jesse Tucker goes to Clarkson, Zach Dubinsky to Vermont. Kyle Haskins and Powell Connor have not landed with another school yet.

Leave a comment:

• aallenpollreisz
    replied
    Considering what everyone was expecting over the summer, that really wasn't a bad season at all.

Recruiting has improved, the kids on the roster who'll be back next season made positive development strides and Nightingale accomplished some things in his first season that his two predecessors couldn't. It seems like we're on the right track again.

Leave a comment:

• Puckstopper467
    replied
    I was very harsh on State at the beginning of the year based on the last 10 years.. I admit when I am wrong and they were over achievers this year and hopefully this staff can keep it going

Leave a comment:

• gomsuman
    replied
    Well what an unexpected season, in a good way, regardless of what happens this weekend. The team has exceeded any rational expectations and recruiting has seen an uptick as well. Hopefully this is the beginning of something like the "good ol' days". There is no better place to be than a packed Munn.

Leave a comment:

• John J. MacInnes
    replied
    Confirmed that this weekend's MSU-Wisconsin series will be played as scheduled.

Leave a comment:

• John J. MacInnes
    replied
    For those wondering whether the series is still going to be played this weekend at Wisconsin, the team traveled to Madison by bus on Wednesday. And BTN has an active crew call for the telecast on Friday night at 9pm, so I would say in all likelihood they're going to play.

Leave a comment:

• Pirateasaur
    replied
    Well, big ol’ nasty game tonight. The biggest at Munn in many years, I’d wager. Not looking forward to sitting g through it. Hopefully we just quickly go up by 6 goals or so and don’t have to worry about anything.

Leave a comment:

• moose97
    replied
    Originally posted by Lost_Husky View Post

Nothing is immediately by Munn;

Depends on what you are looking for:

All of these are within walking distance of each other. (Crunchies is the outlier at about 3 blocks away)
    Crunchy's is an East Lansing staple for burgers/bar food. A touch on the greasy side.
    Peanut Barrel is Crunchy's v2.0
    Beggers Banquet for a nice sit-down meal with an excellent beverage selection
    HopCat has solid food offerings and great craft beer selection
    Jolly Pumpkin similar to HopCat, but focused on their brand of beer.

I personally would skip Harpers.

Harrison Roadhouse is a few blocks away from the above cluster and is similar to Crunchy's and Peanut Barrel.

There are several respectable Asian/Indian inspired offerings in the area as well, but usually don't associate those with a pre-game meal.

Good Luck.
    Thanks! We lived in Traverse City for a while & loved Jolly Pumpkin up there. Didn't know they had a location in E Lansing...

Leave a comment:

• Lost_Husky
    replied
    Originally posted by moose97 View Post
    I'll be making my first trip to Munn this Saturday. Pregame meal suggestions? Thanks!
    Nothing is immediately by Munn;

Depends on what you are looking for:

All of these are within walking distance of each other. (Crunchies is the outlier at about 3 blocks away)
    Crunchy's is an East Lansing staple for burgers/bar food. A touch on the greasy side.
    Peanut Barrel is Crunchy's v2.0
    Beggers Banquet for a nice sit-down meal with an excellent beverage selection
    HopCat has solid food offerings and great craft beer selection
    Jolly Pumpkin similar to HopCat, but focused on their brand of beer.

I personally would skip Harpers.

Harrison Roadhouse is a few blocks away from the above cluster and is similar to Crunchy's and Peanut Barrel.

There are several respectable Asian/Indian inspired offerings in the area as well, but usually don't associate those with a pre-game meal.

Good Luck.

Leave a comment:

• moose97
    replied
    I'll be making my first trip to Munn this Saturday. Pregame meal suggestions? Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• HockeyDad2023
    replied
    Great to see the Munn and Sparty's getting things going again! Haven't seen this type of hype around this team since the Krug era. Coaching staff is really getting the best of this group and excited to see what they can do with their own cast of players.

Leave a comment:

• FLHockeyMom
    replied
    Originally posted by Pirateasaur View Post
    Well, let’s just hope we never see Minny again the rest of the year.

By the way, where has Jesse Tucker been? I think he’s been out of the lineup since at least PSU.
    Line chart (4th line winger) and stats show that he played the second game of the Minny series, although I didn't watch. Perhaps an injury/illness, but he sure seems to be somewhat out of favor with the new staff.

Leave a comment:

• wolverineTrumpet
    replied
    I saw somewhere that my favorite hockey play by play guy will be celebrating his 1,000th hockey broadcast on Friday. Wanted to shout out a congrats on this milestone!

Leave a comment:

• Pirateasaur
    replied
    Well, let’s just hope we never see Minny again the rest of the year.

By the way, where has Jesse Tucker been? I think he’s been out of the lineup since at least PSU.

Leave a comment:

• wsummers
    replied
    Originally posted by wsummers View Post

Good pickup….another recent recruit (who like Maxim had decommitted) had a visit and could result in another commitment to MSU soon. Things are certainly heading in the right direction.
    The other recruit committed. Michael DeAngelo, a decommit from Arizona State. Likely to arrive next year after spending this year at Green Bay.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X