No announcement yet.

Michigan State Hockey 202?-202?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confirmed that this weekend's MSU-Wisconsin series will be played as scheduled.

Comment

• Well what an unexpected season, in a good way, regardless of what happens this weekend. The team has exceeded any rational expectations and recruiting has seen an uptick as well. Hopefully this is the beginning of something like the "good ol' days". There is no better place to be than a packed Munn.

Comment

• I was very harsh on State at the beginning of the year based on the last 10 years.. I admit when I am wrong and they were over achievers this year and hopefully this staff can keep it going

Comment

• Considering what everyone was expecting over the summer, that really wasn't a bad season at all.

Recruiting has improved, the kids on the roster who'll be back next season made positive development strides and Nightingale accomplished some things in his first season that his two predecessors couldn't. It seems like we're on the right track again.
          Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
          66 - 86 - 07
          59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
          59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

• Four players in the portal on day 1.

Jesse Tucker goes to Clarkson, Zach Dubinsky to Vermont. Kyle Haskins and Powell Connor have not landed with another school yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
              Four players in the portal on day 1.

Jesse Tucker goes to Clarkson, Zach Dubinsky to Vermont. Kyle Haskins and Powell Connor have not landed with another school yet.
              There will be a lot of new faces next year. Can't wait to see what the staff does with all the open roster spots.

Comment

• One of the best players in the portal is headed to East Lansing.

Red Savage leaves Miami with two years of eligibility left. He's the some of Miami great Brian Savage and is a Red Wings draft pick. He was an alternate captain on the US World Junior team and played for the NTDP.
                https://***********/redsavage_19/sta...DfApA93Gg&s=19

Comment

• Reed Lebster @reedlebster23
                  Can’t thank the staff, my teammates and the fans enough for my time at UMass. The past 4 years have been really special to me! With that being said, I’m excited to announce that I will be taking my 5th year back home at Michigan State! #GoGreen

Comment

• Originally posted by gomsuman View Post

There will be a lot of new faces next year. Can't wait to see what the staff does with all the open roster spots.
                    Be interesting to see if all the new faces impact team chemistry.

Comment

• Really couldn't have asked for a better portal performance early on with Issac Howard, Red and Lebster. At the very least, we're going to be more talented next year. Hopefully, Augustine adjusts quickly to the college game.

Already very excited for October.
                      66 - 86 - 07
                      59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Comment

• Originally posted by aallenpollreisz View Post
                        Really couldn't have asked for a better portal performance early on with Issac Howard, Red and Lebster. At the very least, we're going to be more talented next year. Hopefully, Augustine adjusts quickly to the college game.

Already very excited for October.
                        Our offensive talent ceiling has raised substantially and with Muller returning we already were bringing back a good amount of production.

We still need to replace a few defenseman and a few more forwards. Who are we bringing in? I’m guessing Jack Sparkes and Austin Oravetz on D. I’m not very plugged in to recruiting, though. Has anyone already signed?

Comment

• Also, it’s great to already be excited for next season. For at least 10 years, once we got bounced from the league tournament I put MSU hockey out of my mind until October. I’m ready to get back to Munn already.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pirateasaur View Post

Our offensive talent ceiling has raised substantially and with Muller returning we already were bringing back a good amount of production.

We still need to replace a few defenseman and a few more forwards. Who are we bringing in? I’m guessing Jack Sparkes and Austin Oravetz on D. I’m not very plugged in to recruiting, though. Has anyone already signed?
                            My understanding is the following 5 players have signed LOIs for the 2023-24 incoming class:

Owen Baker, F
                            Gavin O'Connell, F
                            Justin Varner, F
                            Austin Oravetz, D
                            Trey Augustine, G

Patrick Geary, D has also signed his LOI but for the following 2024-25 season. I wouldn't count on any Cole recruits e.g., Sparkes being signed until Nightingale definitively determines who's returning and who else he's getting out of the portal. Stay tuned, we're in for a fun ride.

Comment

• James Crossman is transferring to MSU. Had nine goals and three assists as a defenseman at Brown last season.
                              66 - 86 - 07

Comment

• is this the trend for MSU 10-12 Portal Players every year now with this coach? I mean I guess they have to find a way not to lose to Ferris and Tech at the GLI.

Comment

Working...
                                X