Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pirateasaur
    replied
    I’ve held off on proclaiming this after years of consistently poor/mediocre results but after nearly sweeping PSU on the road, we officially have a good team again. We could leave Oxford with a loss or get bounced by Minnesota or Michigan and it still wouldn’t change my mind that the program is on a steep, upward trajectory.

Leave a comment:

• Pirateasaur
    replied
    Originally posted by ICECAT1811 View Post
    It’s great to see Dylan St. Cyr doing well for your program. We had a 1 and 1A goaltender at Q’Pac and he was back-up to a tender that had the most shutouts in NCAA history. Be following him rest of the way….good luck
    He’s been fantastic. I was initially wrote off his decision to come here because I felt Charleson was a lock for the starting job but St. Cyr has really delivered. It feels good when a kid makes a bold choice to transfer and really works out for them.

Leave a comment:

• wsummers
    replied
    Trey Augustine signed NLI today.

Leave a comment:

• ICECAT1811
    replied
    It’s great to see Dylan St. Cyr doing well for your program. We had a 1 and 1A goaltender at Q’Pac and he was back-up to a tender that had the most shutouts in NCAA history. Be following him rest of the way….good luck

Leave a comment:

• wsummers
    replied
    Originally posted by FLHockeyMom View Post
    I can’t get excited until I see how we match up against U-M; Minny; and PSU. All too often our schedule is back-loaded such that we fall off a cliff after the first third to half. If we match up well or, even better, prevail against those three teams, then we’re much further ahead in the rebuild than I ever expected with this roster. At this point I’m still expecting a 0.500 season at best which, as mentioned, is quite the coaching accomplishment.
    The next 8 games should tell us a lot. 4 wins (sweep of Miami plus taking 2 more from the top 3 conference teams) might be the best to hope for…but so far this team has exceeded my expectations.

Leave a comment:

• FLHockeyMom
    replied
    I can’t get excited until I see how we match up against U-M; Minny; and PSU. All too often our schedule is back-loaded such that we fall off a cliff after the first third to half. If we match up well or, even better, prevail against those three teams, then we’re much further ahead in the rebuild than I ever expected with this roster. At this point I’m still expecting a 0.500 season at best which, as mentioned, is quite the coaching accomplishment.

Leave a comment:

• aallenpollreisz
    replied
    Originally posted by Pirateasaur View Post
    i don’t think we’ll end up competing for a B1G regular season title but could an NCAA birth be in the cards? It still feels like the bottom will drop out at some point and we’ll drop like 5 straight but I’m getting pretty optimistic.
    My old rule of thumb: Major conference programs that win 20 or more generally go to the NCAA tournament.

Though I'm currently having a ton of fun, I'm leery about saying we're winning 20. Cool if we did, but I think we're probably finishing around the 15-17 win mark. (And I'd be totally fine with that. That's still a huge improvement.)

Leave a comment:

• Pirateasaur
    replied
    Grappling with having to recalibrate my expectations into something that involves more emotional investment. For a decade+ it never really felt like we were playing for any real stakes so losses bounced right off me.

i don’t think we’ll end up competing for a B1G regular season title but could an NCAA birth be in the cards? It still feels like the bottom will drop out at some point and we’ll drop like 5 straight but I’m getting pretty optimistic.

Leave a comment:

• wsummers
    replied
    Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
    I'll be at both games against OSU. If anyone wants to say hi I'll be wearing the #23 Ohio State jersey with the Frozen Four patch.
    I looked around before yesterday’s game for you and didn’t see you….thanks for the sweep!

Leave a comment:

• Hockeybuckeye
    replied
    I'll be at both games against OSU. If anyone wants to say hi I'll be wearing the #23 Ohio State jersey with the Frozen Four patch.

Leave a comment:

• wsummers
    replied
    Signed yesterday were Oravitz, Geary, and Varner. So far no surprises.
    This week should be a good test…I’m hoping for a split.

Leave a comment:

• wsummers
    replied
    Originally posted by Pirateasaur View Post
    When’s the last time an MSU player scored 4 goals in a game? You could tell me it’s been 20+ years and I’d say you’re probably right. Congrats to Middendorf for breaking out.

A great game all around except we lost some focus in the 3rd. Wisky did have their chances but St. Cyr was amazing. I don’t think we’re 5 goals better than them most nights so we gotta be ready to roll tonight.
    Last 4 goal game was January 10, 1998….Today would be a good time for Davidson to score a couple.

Leave a comment:

• aallenpollreisz
    replied
    I just wanted to put it into text somewhere how cool I think it is that MSU killed nine minutes of penalty time in the second last night.

A 44-save shutout and a guy scoring four goals? Also great!

Leave a comment:

• Pirateasaur
    replied
    When’s the last time an MSU player scored 4 goals in a game? You could tell me it’s been 20+ years and I’d say you’re probably right. Congrats to Middendorf for breaking out.

A great game all around except we lost some focus in the 3rd. Wisky did have their chances but St. Cyr was amazing. I don’t think we’re 5 goals better than them most nights so we gotta be ready to roll tonight.

Leave a comment:

• wsummers
    replied
    Add verbal from Nathan Mackie a high scoring forward from BC…

Leave a comment:

Working...
X