X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aallenpollreisz
    replied
    Originally posted by wsummers View Post

Also GLI with Tech, WMU and 4th team to be determined. Western seems to have taken Michigan’s place which makes good sense with the GLI at Grand Rapids.

Future schedules: BC and Colorado College at Munn and a two year series with Arizona State
    Ferris is just up the road. From this point forward, I wouldn't be shocked if it's Ferris every year until UM decides to return.

I look forward to catching a flight out to Phoenix in the coming years.

Leave a comment:

• wsummers
    replied
    Originally posted by aallenpollreisz View Post
    No dates yet, but the non-conference schedule will feature home games against Lake State and Canisius and road games at Air Force and Boston College. (Also, the NTDP is coming to Munn for an exhibition.)
    Also GLI with Tech, WMU and 4th team to be determined. Western seems to have taken Michigan’s place which makes good sense with the GLI at Grand Rapids.

Future schedules: BC and Colorado College at Munn and a two year series with Arizona State
    Last edited by wsummers; 04-21-2023, 10:28 AM.

Leave a comment:

• FLHockeyMom
    replied
    Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post

The Skunks have now dipped in three times too with Barczewski, Eernisse, and Warren. And don't count on them being done yet.
    And Chase Pletzke from Miami (Ohio) makes four.

Leave a comment:

• John J. MacInnes
    replied
    Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    The Michigan State Portalers
    The Skunks have now dipped in three times too with Barczewski, Eernisse, and Warren. And don't count on them being done yet.

Leave a comment:

• aallenpollreisz
    replied
    No dates yet, but the non-conference schedule will feature home games against Lake State and Canisius and road games at Air Force and Boston College. (Also, the NTDP is coming to Munn for an exhibition.)

Leave a comment:

• Pirateasaur
    replied
    Originally posted by sigx15 View Post
    I’m surprised you all aren’t talking about Jared DeMichiel here more. Nightingale had done a lot but DeMichiel is an absolute monster recruiter
    This is definitely true. I hope we can keep him for many years but I have a feeling he will be a head coach somewhere sooner than later unless he simply doesn’t want to be.

Leave a comment:

• sigx15
    replied
    I’m surprised you all aren’t talking about Jared DeMichiel here more. Nightingale had done a lot but DeMichiel is an absolute monster recruiter

Leave a comment:

• Puckstopper467
    replied
    and Exter was the problem, so many really good players in Juniors from Michigan. He would wait and then take a lesser player.

Leave a comment:

• aallenpollreisz
    replied
    Originally posted by Pirateasaur View Post
    Nightingale must not think much of Cole’s recruits. This is a far more effective strategy. The best thing about this is that he’s likely improving the team without having to wait for his stud recruits to come of age. It’s also interesting how many of these guys want to come to MSU when most could go almost anywhere.
    That probably has a lot to do with it.

Cole was having a rough time on the recruiting trail toward the end of his run at MSU, and a bunch of those kids would probably be coming in next season if Cole were still here. Most of them don't seem to be lighting the world on fire in juniors.

(And by "Cole was having a rough time on the recruiting trail," I probably mean Joe Exter. I think he was doing all of the recruiting toward the end.)

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied
    The Michigan State Portalers

Leave a comment:

• Puckstopper467
    replied
    I am going to laugh myself out of Van Andel when MSU loses again. Ok let me serious. Nightingale is adding Briere from the portal just because why stop now

Leave a comment:

• Pirateasaur
    replied
    Nightingale must not think much of Cole’s recruits. This is a far more effective strategy. The best thing about this is that he’s likely improving the team without having to wait for his stud recruits to come of age. It’s also interesting how many of these guys want to come to MSU when most could go almost anywhere.
    Last edited by Pirateasaur; 04-03-2023, 04:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• aallenpollreisz
    replied
    Joey Larson is now in. Portal points-leader from Northern.

Leave a comment:

• FLHockeyMom
    replied
    Originally posted by Puckstopper467 View Post
    Kip Miller to join portal utilizing his 5th year and going to MSU.. goodness I can coach a team and just use the portal as my recruiting.
    Not sure why you’re willing to die on this hill. Any newly hired coach worth his salt (see: Carvel; Borek; Barr) is going to cut legacy, deadweight players after he’s had a season to evaluate. Nightingale just went through the process and as a result, a lot of juniors/seniors have seen the writing on the wall and hit the road. Where else are you going to get mature reinforcements?

BTW, as far as local boy Larson goes, MSU has recently "given" 3 players to NMU: Keefer; Papp; and Gallacher. Seems like a fair swap to me. #theportalgivethandtheportaltakethaway

Leave a comment:

• Puckstopper467
    replied
    Kip Miller to join portal utilizing his 5th year and going to MSU.. goodness I can coach a team and just use the portal as my recruiting.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X