No announcement yet.

Michigan State Hockey 202?-202?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So many good scoring 01's and MSU not getting any, will use the portal just to try and compete. Bad remedy

Comment

• Originally posted by aallenpollreisz View Post

He's been a strikethrough on Heisenberg's spreadsheet for a while now.
      there is a lot of uncertainty with Heisenberg. Sorry. I have no idea who the guy it but couldn't pass it up.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsummers View Post
        For next year Cole has said he expects up to 10 new faces.
        wait

they're not firing him?

I mean, I'm not a fan of your team, so take this with a big fat heaping of salt, but...

What could possibly be the argument for keeping him at this point? Has the athletic department given up on the hockey program? This seems indefensible. There is no structural reason why Michigan State should not at least be in contention for the NCAA tournament in most or all seasons.

Again, just a rival fan, so take it for what it's worth, but I genuinely feel like college hockey would be better if the MSU administration took the program more seriously.
        Jesus Saves

Comment

• Aiden Gallacher has entered the transfer portal.
          Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
          66 - 86 - 07
          59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
          59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

• Originally posted by aallenpollreisz View Post
            DeRidder also opted to use his last year at North Dakota. Tired of losing.

The Krygier twins are also in the portal hoping to play a 5th year elsewhere.

Are the wheels falling off the bus? MSU now down to 5 Dmen…only 3 having any college playing time.

Comment

• Originally posted by model94 View Post

there is a lot of uncertainty with Heisenberg.
              Oh my ...

The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by wsummers View Post
                DeRidder also opted to use his last year at North Dakota.
                A cordial "thank you" is in order.

I believe he's intended as the insurance policy to our Swedish import (Hellsten) that play sparingly this year and to put a gap year to the goalie recruit who is in the BCHL.
                The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• watch they will use the portal as a crutch, where at this point they should be recruiting players to come in and build with for 4 years. There are strong 20 year old's out there that are peaking and MSU will lose on them also. My opinion other than 5th year seniors, is you recruit and have players in your program year over year who are getting better well then they will not leave as your program with good coaching will offer them what they need

Comment

• Originally posted by Puckstopper467 View Post
                    watch they will use the portal as a crutch, where at this point they should be recruiting players to come in and build with for 4 years.
                    There's a happy medium.

A year ago North Dakota lost 13 players to pro contracts or end of eligibility.

Coach Berry brought in 14 players: 5 portal transfers, 9 freshmen. The portal transfers were targeted. Lose both game experience goalies? Bring in portal goalie, and a freshman. Lose two centermen and nation leaders in faceoff percentage? Bring in a portal center who is a great faceoff guy and a freshman USHL center. Lose your top scorer; portal in a top scoring winger, and the freshman wingers in the recruit pipeline. Down to four defense; bring in two portal defenders and two freshmen.

The portal was used, not so much as a crutch but as a stop-gap, but the freshmen (9) were still brought in.

It must've worked; the Penrose Cup is staying in Engelstad.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Good point about ND and their usage of the portal to go along with a top freshman class, however MUS is not ND.
                      Danton will lean on the portal to just improve a little now versus getting top junior players to get better for the next 4 years to come

Comment

• Originally posted by Puckstopper467 View Post
                        ... however MUS is not ND.
                        Why not?
                        UND beat MSU for titles in 1959 and 1987.
                        I was in the barn when MSU beat BC in 2007.

Do Tucker and Izzo have too much focus of the AD to the detriment of other programs?

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

Why not?
                          UND beat MSU for titles in 1959 and 1987.
                          I was in the barn when MSU beat BC in 2007.

Do Tucker and Izzo have too much focus of the AD to the detriment of other programs?
                          This stuff is actually discussed frequently among MSU hockey fans. Agreed that MSU CAN be as good as NoDak, and was for many years but that was long ago. MSU won that championship but some will say the cracks in the foundation started with the hiring of Comley and really started spreading a couple years after that championship.

My opinion is that Comley didn’t sink the program. Mark Hollis knocked it out through his sham of a coaching “search” that led to the hiring of Anastos. After that fell flat, he went with the easiest and most obvious choice in Cole. Cole hasn’t gotten better results than Anastos but he inherited a program that was already weakened substantially.

As for the administration, we are finally installing sorely needed and overdue facilities upgrades. We have a new AD but he does not seem to be in a hurry to conduct a coaching search for hockey. We’ll see. I hope he does his job better than Hollis.

Comment

• Mike York for coach

Comment

• Now with their captain entering the portal it's a complete rebuild

Comment

• Josh Nodler now in the portal.
                                Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
                                66 - 86 - 07
                                59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
                                59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

Working...
                                X