X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John J. MacInnes
    replied
    Originally posted by wsummers View Post
    Everything I’m hearing from multiple sources is Nightingale will be announced this week as the new coach. While most in the MSU community are disappointed a big name wasn’t hired, this may turn out to be a good hire. First, there is no indication MSU was going to offer more than 350K. So any of the top names being floated around wasn’t going to happen. Second, the word is Adam has a much better reputation among his U-18 players than Cole had and that could result in an immediate surprise.
    Everyone keeps bleating on and on about the NTDP players. That's not where you're going to rebuild this program. Southern Ontario and BC are where they need to reestablish Michigan State as a place to go. A couple three kids from the U-18s are a nice bonus but you're never going to get dominant numbers from there.

That being said, Adam has transformed the personality of the U-18s to finally inject a little grit. They're not the cake eater contact averse players of the recent past. It's a much more North American style ready player coming out, and that can only help. Let's hope he can do the same at the college level.

Leave a comment:

• wsummers
    replied
    Everything I’m hearing from multiple sources is Nightingale will be announced this week as the new coach. While most in the MSU community are disappointed a big name wasn’t hired, this may turn out to be a good hire. First, there is no indication MSU was going to offer more than 350K. So any of the top names being floated around wasn’t going to happen. Second, the word is Adam has a much better reputation among his U-18 players than Cole had and that could result in an immediate surprise.

Leave a comment:

• wsummers
    replied
    Originally posted by aallenpollreisz View Post
    Yes, I agree. Someone else would have been named by now.

Leave a comment:

• aallenpollreisz
    replied
    So, it's probably Nightingale.

Leave a comment:

• aallenpollreisz
    replied
    Originally posted by bcmsu9196 View Post
    Red Wings just canned Blashill, wonder if he'd be in the mix
    I'd do a cartwheel if MSU were to land Blashill. His year at Western was extremely impressive.

Leave a comment:

• bcmsu9196
    replied
    Red Wings just canned Blashill, wonder if he'd be in the mix

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied
    Incoming flight from St Cloud last night…Is Dave Shyiak a possibility?
    Holy hell, if all MSU can get is Dave Shyiak...

Are you sure it's not Larsen? Smiley face (but sorta serious)

Leave a comment:

• John J. MacInnes
    replied
    I don't ever remember MSU using Carto Flight as an air service provider before, and looking at the flight pattern this was not a passenger ferry. Highly doubtful on that alone.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/...107Z/KSTC/KLAN

Leave a comment:

• wsummers
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Paul Goddard
    replied
    Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post

Highly doubtful that fired coaches would still have a charter flight. Could be Alan Haller himself if they had the meeting in Florida, but I would think any candidate would want to see the facilities in person.

I've been watching Flight aware for a couple days now and there were no inbound flights from Lansing to Naples in the last 3 days, so that would suggest it wasn't Haller alone.
    If it’s someone who wants to see the facilities/campus for themselves then that would pretty much cross Pat Ferschweiler off the list! He’s quite familiar with Munn.

Leave a comment:

• sigx15
    replied
    Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
    It took off at 2:16 pm yesterday and flew to Grand Rapids, where Northern Jet Management, it's owner/operator is located.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/NJM998

Sean
    Oooooo Hell ya, we're getting into private plane tracking for hockey coaches. I'm all for this

Leave a comment:

• John J. MacInnes
    replied
    Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    And couldn't it just have been the AD/whoever represented MSU down there returning back to Michigan?
    Highly doubtful that fired coaches would still have a charter flight. Could be Alan Haller himself if they had the meeting in Florida, but I would think any candidate would want to see the facilities in person.

I've been watching Flight aware for a couple days now and there were no inbound flights from Lansing to Naples in the last 3 days, so that would suggest it wasn't Haller alone.

Leave a comment:

• Sean Pickett
    replied
    There was a private plane that landed in Lansing from Naples yesterday. No outbound flight yet to tip off who was on board.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/...440Z/KAPF/KLAN
    It took off at 2:16 pm yesterday and flew to Grand Rapids, where Northern Jet Management, it's owner/operator is located.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/NJM998

Sean

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied
    There was a private plane that landed in Lansing from Naples yesterday. No outbound flight yet to tip off who was on board.

Did Bill Muckalt sneak inside the wheel well?

And couldn't it just have been the AD/whoever represented MSU down there returning back to Michigan?

Leave a comment:

• John J. MacInnes
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X