Maine v New Hampshire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Greg Ambrose View Post
    UNH sweeps. Friday will be close with Robinson out dueling Swayman. Saturday UNH pulls away with a two goal third period. Better question. Will both games be sold out?
    Both games sellout and UNH sweeps! Should be a fun weekend!
    UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

• Originally posted by e.cat View Post
      Both games sellout and UNH sweeps! Should be a fun weekend!
      If sell out, maybe I will need to watch Saturday night game on NESN?

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
        If sell out, maybe I will need to watch Saturday night game on NESN?
        Might have a tix for you. Know soon. I'll let ya know.

Comment

Might have a tix for you. Know soon. I'll let ya know.
          Would buy you early free beer at Libby's, at risk of jinxing for our pre-season predictions.

Comment

• Re: Maine v New Hampshire

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
            Would buy you early free beer at Libby's, at risk of jinxing for our pre-season predictions.
            Sheesh it might cost you a beer. Think er over.

Comment

Bump

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                Does UNH offer free stream for the girl's games?
                Sorry I never responded to this when I saw it earlier in the week. UNH usually live streams on the UNHAthletics youtube channel unless it's on ESPN+. Also, to any UNH mens season ticket holders you can get comp tickets to the womens game at the ticket window. For some reason they do not list that perk with your ticket packages anymore but they still honor it whenever I go.

Comment

Well, jeezum crow, that was cool!
                  Nice OT win!

Comment

Well, jeezum crow, that was cool!
                    Nice OT win!
                    Big nights for Robinson and Nazarian.
                    Live Free or Die!!
                    Miami University '03

Comment

UNH let Maine back in the game during the 3rd period. Shouldn't let that happen. Nazarian had quite a night. Two goals and an assist. Good goal tending on each team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                        Big nights for Robinson and Nazarian.
                        Yup:-)

Comment

Game highlights:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KIE...ature=youtu.be

Big one tonight...and we'll be watching the Vermont/PC game...gotta take care of our own business tonight tho! Let's go 'Cats!!!
                          Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

So, these two fairly evenly matched teams end the regular season 1-1-1. I doubt that the two teams will play one another again this season, unless a miracle occurs and they both get to the Garden.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                              So, these two fairly evenly matched teams end the regular season 1-1-1. I doubt that the two teams will play one another again this season, unless a miracle occurs and they both get to the Garden.
                              You're suggesting Divine Intervention here..? .

Both programs are pretty bad, as in, no realistic shot at a stray acorn. Maine and UNH have become hapless... How times have changed.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                                Both programs are pretty bad, as in, no realistic shot at a stray acorn. Maine and UNH have become hapless... How times have changed.
                                Ii think that's a little dour as far as an outlook goes, no? Maybe that's how it feels for UMaine fans, and who am I to tell you folks otherwise. I know Red isn't seen as The Savior, and it's probably fair to say that he isn't reminding anyone in Orono of Whitehead, much less the messianic guy who preceded Timmy. But here in the early days of the Souza Era, fresh off a last place finish, and a terrible start to this season, there seems to be plenty of reason for optimism.

"Hapless" in comparison to where things were 15-20 years ago? No doubt. But this weekend was the first time UMaine v. UNH felt even 25% of how the Border War used to feel. That's a start. If Souza can continue and extend the upward trajectory of the last two-plus months, and if UMaine can get in some new blood to shake their program out of neutral, we may all be onto something special again.

Hockey East needs us both. The tournament struggles to fill half the house these days. A HE Tourney featuring UNH, UMaine, one of the Boston teams AND a Lowell or Amherst … sign me up.
                                Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                                Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Working...
                                X