Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lindenwood AD is doing the work already. Are they next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sol Diablo View Post

Listen up moron, see I can use name calling just like you. The Ralph is magnificent, the best in college. Much better than The Old Barn that I & tons of Sioux and Grand Forks natives went to for games. I am not your history teacher so go look up Englestadts background & how it ties into racism.
    Finally, its Engelstad. Not Englestadts. You pretentious *****.
    Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
    B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
    CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
    ECAC:
    HEA: UMass
    NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
    Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

Annnyyywaayyyyyy.... if he thinks that his community rink is the nicest thing out there, he's delusional. It might be the nicest DI rink in Missouri, but that's about it.

Comment

Wow. So any news on the topic of the thread?
        Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
          Wow. So any news on the topic of the thread?
          We just need a rubber stamp from the president,” Zombo said. “Our AD is doing the work already. Any time you’re starting out, the bottom line is going to be in the red. You’ve got to let the community know you’ve got a program. We just need a go-ahead from the people that write the checks.”

So just like every other school in the US, all they need is $100M (and a rubber stamp apparently) and **bing** they'll have a men's D-I hockey team. So easy, any school can do it. The folks from the NHL/College Hockey study group should be down any day now to produce a report stating that Lindenwood would be an excellent candidate for D-I hockey... once they find the funding.
          Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
          https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
          Originally posted by geezer
          Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
          Originally posted by manurespreader
          ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post

OK, it's been dialed down enough for me, I think get it now. Let me play it back to you: Do not mention the name of the rink that the University of North Dakota plays in on Juneteenth. And furthermore, do not use the nickname of said rink on Juneteenth.

Did I break into jail by using the phrase "the name of the rink that the University of North Dakota plays in?" If so, my bad; what would be the appropriate way to refer to that facility on Juneteenth or any other day for that matter?
            I think it's "the name of the rink in which the University of North Dakota plays." Something about a preposition or conjunction or something is the wrong thing to end a sentence with.
            bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
            SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
            All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
            A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Originally posted by UncleRay View Post

I think it's "the name of the rink in which the University of North Dakota plays." Something about a preposition or conjunction or something is the wrong thing to end a sentence with.
              Ugh. Correct. I should know better. Will note that for Juneteenth 2021.

Comment

University presidents don't give rubber stamps to Division I men's sports that require 18 scholarship equivalents and hundreds of thousands of dollars in travel unless you have a moneybags donor.

GFM
                Geof F. Morris
                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                  University presidents don't give rubber stamps to Division I men's sports that require 18 scholarship equivalents and hundreds of thousands of dollars in travel unless you have a moneybags donor.

GFM
                  LIU might beg to differ

AHA:
                  ECAC:

Comment

Originally posted by moose97 View Post
                    LIU might beg to differ
                    With the amount of money Lindewood pours into their ACHA and their roller teams, it wouldn’t be a huge jump to go NCAA. The biggest difference for them and LIU though is the travel. There’s a whole bunch of day trips available to LIU (Army, Princeton, Sacred Heart, Yale, Quinnipiac, UConn, even AIC if you want to stretch it a bit) that a place like Lindenwood doesn’t have. What’s the closest to them? Miami or Notre Dame? The travel budget will take the biggest hit, for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by HofstraHockey View Post

With the amount of money Lindewood pours into their ACHA and their roller teams, it wouldn’t be a huge jump to go NCAA. The biggest difference for them and LIU though is the travel. There’s a whole bunch of day trips available to LIU (Army, Princeton, Sacred Heart, Yale, Quinnipiac, UConn, even AIC if you want to stretch it a bit) that a place like Lindenwood doesn’t have. What’s the closest to them? Miami or Notre Dame? The travel budget will take the biggest hit, for sure.
                      They have a number of teams a reasonable (8 hour) bus ride away from them for non-conference games.

The thing that will kill their budget is if/when they join a conference.

Comment

U of Illinois (you never know) - 3 hours
                        Miami - 5 and a half hours
                        Wisconsin - 5 and a half hours
                        Notre Dame - 5 and a half hours
                        Alabama-Huntsville (for now) - 6 and a half hours
                        Ohio State - 6 and a half hours
                        Western Michigan - 6 and a half hours
                        Omaha - 6 and a half hours
                        BGSU - 7 hours
                        Ferris State - 7 and a half hours
                        Michigan State - 7 and a half hours
                        Michigan - 7 hours 45 min
                        Minnesota State - 8 hours
                        Minnesota - 8 and a half hours
                        St Thomas (who has a head start) - 8 and a half hours
                        SCSU - 9 and a half hours
                        RMU - 9 and a half hours
                        Mercyhurst - 10 hours
                        UMD - 10 hours
                        Michigan Tech - 10 and a half hours
                        Northern Michigan - 10 and a half hours
                        LSSU - 11 hours

Hell, if you increase the distance to 13 hours, you can add Penn State, Denver, CC, Air Force, NoDak, Niagara, Canisius and RIT...

Last edited by moose97; 06-26-2020, 06:55 AM.

AHA:
                        ECAC:

Comment

Originally posted by moose97 View Post

U of Illinois (you never know) - 3 hours
                          Miami - 5 and a half hours
                          Wisconsin - 5 and a half hours
                          Notre Dame - 5 and a half hours
                          Alabama-Huntsville (for now) - 6 and a half hours
                          Ohio State - 6 and a half hours
                          Western Michigan - 6 and a half hours
                          Omaha - 6 and a half hours
                          BGSU - 7 hours
                          Ferris State - 7 and a half hours
                          Michigan State - 7 and a half hours
                          Michigan - 7 hours 45 min
                          Minnesota State - 8 hours
                          Minnesota - 8 and a half hours
                          St Thomas (who has a head start) - 8 and a half hours
                          SCSU - 9 and a half hours
                          RMU - 9 and a half hours
                          Mercyhurst - 10 hours
                          UMD - 10 hours
                          Michigan Tech - 10 and a half hours
                          Northern Michigan - 10 and a half hours
                          LSSU - 11 hours

Hell, if you increase the distance to 13 hours, you can add Penn State, Denver, CC, Air Force, NoDak, Niagara, Canisius and RIT...

Like I said- not a lot of day trips in there. It's what seems to have hurt UAH for all these years. But not exactly a selling point when you're telling recruits that each game is a 6 hour+ bus ride each way.

Comment

Like I said- not a lot of day trips in there. It's what seems to have hurt UAH for all these years. But not exactly a selling point when you're telling recruits that each game is a 6 hour+ bus ride each way.
                            Clearly, you are from the east. You realize what the travel is like in the NCHC/WCHA/B1G, right? Hell, they're practically the geographic center of the NCHC
                            Last edited by moose97; 06-26-2020, 11:06 AM.

AHA:
                            ECAC:

Comment

Those are all weekend series do-able bus trips.

For off-season speculation, travel distances are reasonable and the have a rink, assuming funding, does anyone think the CCHA, Nacho, or B1G would be interested?

My thought, there is no way the B1G or Nacho would be interested. CCHA maybe, especially if they want to go to 10 teams or the long speculated/discussed MnSU to Nacho move happens.

Do the Alaska Schools try to cobble together a conference with ASU, UAH, and Lindenwood. Use it as a conference to get Lindenwood on their feet, (more) time for ASU to get there rink built/into a conference, and the UA_s to get their situation straightened out? Completely understanding this conference would not be sustainable, but to bide time for the schools.

Comment

Listen, that’s not a terrible rink. Higher capacity than 10-15 or so current rinks in D-I. Looks nice and new. From a quick look on google maps, it’s not near a campus or anything, but it’s also just off the interstate in the suburbs and near a hotel or two.

Not great, but enough that the idea of the school needing a $100M gift to rubber stamp it is kind of absurd. Schools with serviceable arenas at the ready have much lower overhead for this sort of thing.

I think it’s doable. I believe that there’s more of a market for this sort of thing in the corridor from Missouri through Tennessee and into Virginia/Maryland than one might think.

That said… yeah, I think moose’s first reaction of “hey let’s hear from more than just some ACHA coach” is the right answer. There have been plenty of “ACHA program thinks it can go varsity” stories over the years. If you’ve been on the forum long enough, it’s a broken record.
                                If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Working...
                                X