Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lindenwood AD is doing the work already. Are they next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HofstraHockey View Post

Like I said- not a lot of day trips in there. It's what seems to have hurt UAH for all these years. But not exactly a selling point when you're telling recruits that each game is a 6 hour+ bus ride each way.
    Western schools leave early Thursday morning on bus and usually make it to their destination by dinner time. IMO, that's a day trip.
    Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
    dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
    wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post

Western schools leave early Thursday morning on bus and usually make it to their destination by dinner time. IMO, that's a day trip.
      Just a different slant on your answer, when I think of western teams they won't make it by bus in 24 hours straight driving to hardly any arenas. But can do the 6 - 12 hours by plane. Relative to that Lindenwood should be in ok shape.

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post

Sorry, a “day trip” for me is getting on the bus, going to the game, and then getting on the bus and going home. Which, for a school like LIU is easy with Princeton, Army, Sacred Heart, Yale, etc all around. Lindenwood has a hotel stay for virtually every trip. Just a bit of a difference when you’re budgeting.

Comment

Sorry, a “day trip” for me is getting on the bus, going to the game, and then getting on the bus and going home. Which, for a school like LIU is easy with Princeton, Army, Sacred Heart, Yale, etc all around. Lindenwood has a hotel stay for virtually every trip. Just a bit of a difference when you’re budgeting.
          Serious question: How aware are you that schools out west don’t do single games often and regularly do a weekend series of two games?
          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post

Serious question: How aware are you that schools out west don’t do single games often and regularly do a weekend series of two games?
            Yeah, they do it all the time. I think you’re missing the point here- it isn’t that they won’t have anyone to play, it’s that if the budget is their concern, it’s a lot more to put the team up in hotels for these trips than a round trip bus ride for a place like LIU. They’re going to need deeper pockets to make the move than a team in the northeast.

Comment

Yeah, they do it all the time. I think you’re missing the point here- it isn’t that they won’t have anyone to play, it’s that if the budget is their concern, it’s a lot more to put the team up in hotels for these trips than a round trip bus ride for a place like LIU. They’re going to need deeper pockets to make the move than a team in the northeast.
              No **** Sherlock. I mean, just how new here are you?
              Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
              B1G: UMinn, UWisc
              ECAC:
              HEA: UMass, Notre Dame
              NCHC: UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
              WCHA: UAH, BSU, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU

Inactive: BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

Again, teams in the west do weekend 2-game series. Almost exclusively. A bare minimum of one night of hotels each away weekend is the norm and presumably already factored into budgets.
                If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Nope. St Thomas is next*******https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200715/b6364ef43872a9caad7c8490f6a2cb1a.jpg********
                  Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
                  B1G: UMinn, UWisc
                  ECAC:
                  HEA: UMass, Notre Dame
                  NCHC: UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
                  WCHA: UAH, BSU, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU

Inactive: BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

Working...
                  X