Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI & Harvard (1/4/19) & Army @ RPI (1/5/19)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FlagDUDE08
    replied
    Re: RPI & Harvard (1/4/19) & Army @ RPI (1/5/19)

Originally posted by jericho View Post
    It’s not all that vibrant when there are students around
    Sadly in today's day and age, you raise a valid point. Doesn't help that the students' section is an elitist group known as the Red Army, which I know would turn me away, despite school spirit.

Leave a comment:

• jericho
    replied
    Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    It's not all that vibrant when there aren't students around. Just saying.
    It’s not all that vibrant when there are students around

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Notty Pine 11 times out of 10. Although if it's a quick slice of pizza, I'd consider whatever they call Pizza Bella now over on the other side of campus. Not that far away, especially if this dude's willing to go all the way down to 8th.

Leave a comment:

• Waite21
    replied

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
    I'll again register my annual complaint with this event. No disrespect to a Great cause, but it's like giving up whatever small home ice advantage we might have. Hockey is meant to be played in a vibrant, loud atmosphere. My two cents
    I agree with your complaint. I would really be unhappy if I made a trip all the way up to Troy for a game and arrived only to discover it was Autism Awareness night.

Last year I complained about the same thing, especially because it was scheduled for a game against an ECAC opponent. Bad enough to give up the home ice advantage, but doubly bad to give it up in a game that counts in the league standings.

On the other hand, last year's Autism Awareness game was against St. Lawrence - and RPI actually won it.

Leave a comment:

• FlagDUDE08
    replied

I'll again register my annual complaint with this event. No disrespect to a Great cause, but it's like giving up whatever small home ice advantage we might have. Hockey is meant to be played in a vibrant, loud atmosphere. My two cents
    It's not all that vibrant when there aren't students around. Just saying.

Leave a comment:

• Wicked Slappaahs
    replied
    Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
    While I totally understand your complaint, it is a worthwhile cause and a game against a non conference team makes it very acceptable to me.
    I would like to know what kind of attendance this generates from the autistic community.
    I would love to see those kids get the opportunity to see a hockey game in person without the anxiety that the noise would generate.
    AspyDad, are you out there?
    I truly do get it, and realize I'm likely in the minority. Again, a truly great cause originally spearheaded by Aspy....but I don't have to like it. 😜

Leave a comment:

• engineerhockeyfan
    replied

While I totally understand your complaint, it is a worthwhile cause and a game against a non conference team makes it very acceptable to me.
    I would like to know what kind of attendance this generates from the autistic community.
    I would love to see those kids get the opportunity to see a hockey game in person without the anxiety that the noise would generate.
    AspyDad, are you out there?

Leave a comment:

• RPI fan 4 life
    replied
    At least it’s a non-league game unlike the past few years. Of course we’ve been on the road so long they should be used to the quiet by now. Everyone will just have to cheer a little louder!! LGR!!

Leave a comment:

• Wicked Slappaahs
    replied
    Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

Leave a comment:

• FlagDUDE08
    replied

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    If anyone wands to help (or hinder) Army's broadcaster.

Notty Pine 11 times out of 10. Although if it's a quick slice of pizza, I'd consider whatever they call Pizza Bella now over on the other side of campus. Not that far away, especially if this dude's willing to go all the way down to 8th.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

If anyone wands to help (or hinder) Army's broadcaster.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
    Is Savory officially RPI's #1 goalie?
    Not as far as I can tell.

Leave a comment:

• vizoroo
    replied

I was going to pick Army's goalie on PtC, but...Army has been playing Dempsey in goal. He was good last year, but appears to be in a sophomore slump/
    Kozlowski had the starts early (thru 11/10/18) and had good stats .913 sv%, 2.~ GAA (Dempsey at .885--3.4)
    Is Kozlowski injured? What happened to Dempsey?

Is Savory officially RPI's #1 goalie?
    Last edited by vizoroo; 01-03-2019, 12:41 AM.

Leave a comment:

• FlagDUDE08
    replied

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
    Harvard beat Concordia of Canada in an exhibition game today, 5-1. I'm not sure how long ago the game was arranged. As of last night, it had not been listed on the Harvard schedule that appeared on USCHO.

This probably helped the Crimson to scrape off whatever rust they had accumulated since December 4.

Army lost to Brown today, 5-3, so they will be coming to Troy with an 0-3 record against the ECAC.

Army's probably tired of losing to the ECAC and RPI is most assuredly tired of losing, period. One of those teams' fortunes should change on Saturday night.
    Harvard was supposed to play the Chinese national team, but once that fell through, they picked up an emergency exhibition opponent.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X