Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI & Harvard (1/4/19) & Army @ RPI (1/5/19)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPI & Harvard (1/4/19) & Army @ RPI (1/5/19)

discuss
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Re: RPI & Harvard (1/4/19) & Army @ RPI (1/5/19)

Harvard is 5-4-2 overall, 2-3-2 in the ECAC.

Harvard’s defense sprang a few leaks early in the season, as they started off with a 7-6 loss to Dartmouth, a 5-3 loss to Quinnipiac, and a 4-4 tie with Princeton. The results of their last four games would seem to indicate that the Crimson had patched those leaks, as they gave up a total of only 5 goals in those four games, including victories over Colgate and Bentley and a split of two games with Cornell.

RPI, of course, has struggled to score goals. The four goals they scored in two games in the Catamount Cup this weekend seems like an offensive explosion compared to most of the season. Going up against a defense that’s been playing to a 1.25 GAA over its last four games sounds like the last thing RPI needs. If there is a note of optimism to be sounded for RPI fans, it may lie in the fact that Harvard’s most recent game was played December 4 (they had an exhibition game scheduled against Team China this evening [Dec. 29], but it was cancelled). If you can’t cool off a hot goalie any other way, maybe a month of enforced idleness will do it.

Army’s overall record is about as average as it is possible to be, 8 wins, 8 losses, and 1 tie, with 49 goals scored and 49 goals allowed. They are currently playing in the Ledyard Bank tournament in Hanover, where they lost to Dartmouth this evening, 5-2, and will play Brown tomorrow afternoon. The Black Knights split two games in each of the previous four weekends that they played, going 1-1 against Sacred Heart, Bentley, Niagara, and Canisius. Up to now, they have played only two games against ECAC opponents and have not fared well, as in addition to tonight’s loss they also lost by three goals to Union.

Comment

One other thing to remember: We haven't beat the USMA since 2007. Yes, we've only played them twice since then, but only one of those years we were terrible. I'm a bit weary of this one.

Comment

Harvard beat Concordia of Canada in an exhibition game today, 5-1. I'm not sure how long ago the game was arranged. As of last night, it had not been listed on the Harvard schedule that appeared on USCHO.

This probably helped the Crimson to scrape off whatever rust they had accumulated since December 4.

Army lost to Brown today, 5-3, so they will be coming to Troy with an 0-3 record against the ECAC.

Army's probably tired of losing to the ECAC and RPI is most assuredly tired of losing, period. One of those teams' fortunes should change on Saturday night.

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
          Harvard beat Concordia of Canada in an exhibition game today, 5-1. I'm not sure how long ago the game was arranged. As of last night, it had not been listed on the Harvard schedule that appeared on USCHO.

This probably helped the Crimson to scrape off whatever rust they had accumulated since December 4.

Army lost to Brown today, 5-3, so they will be coming to Troy with an 0-3 record against the ECAC.

Army's probably tired of losing to the ECAC and RPI is most assuredly tired of losing, period. One of those teams' fortunes should change on Saturday night.
          Harvard was supposed to play the Chinese national team, but once that fell through, they picked up an emergency exhibition opponent.

Comment

I was going to pick Army's goalie on PtC, but...Army has been playing Dempsey in goal. He was good last year, but appears to be in a sophomore slump/
            Kozlowski had the starts early (thru 11/10/18) and had good stats .913 sv%, 2.~ GAA (Dempsey at .885--3.4)
            Is Kozlowski injured? What happened to Dempsey?

Is Savory officially RPI's #1 goalie?
            Last edited by vizoroo; 01-03-2019, 12:41 AM.
            GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
              Is Savory officially RPI's #1 goalie?
              Not as far as I can tell.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

If anyone wands to help (or hinder) Army's broadcaster.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                    If anyone wands to help (or hinder) Army's broadcaster.

Notty Pine 11 times out of 10. Although if it's a quick slice of pizza, I'd consider whatever they call Pizza Bella now over on the other side of campus. Not that far away, especially if this dude's willing to go all the way down to 8th.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                      I'll again register my annual complaint with this event. No disrespect to a Great cause, but it's like giving up whatever small home ice advantage we might have. Hockey is meant to be played in a vibrant, loud atmosphere. My two cents
                      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                        I'll again register my annual complaint with this event. No disrespect to a Great cause, but it's like giving up whatever small home ice advantage we might have. Hockey is meant to be played in a vibrant, loud atmosphere. My two cents
                        At least it’s a non-league game unlike the past few years. Of course we’ve been on the road so long they should be used to the quiet by now. Everyone will just have to cheer a little louder!! LGR!!

Comment

While I totally understand your complaint, it is a worthwhile cause and a game against a non conference team makes it very acceptable to me.
                          I would like to know what kind of attendance this generates from the autistic community.
                          I would love to see those kids get the opportunity to see a hockey game in person without the anxiety that the noise would generate.
                          AspyDad, are you out there?
                          Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                          Benjamin Franklin
                          The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                          Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                            While I totally understand your complaint, it is a worthwhile cause and a game against a non conference team makes it very acceptable to me.
                            I would like to know what kind of attendance this generates from the autistic community.
                            I would love to see those kids get the opportunity to see a hockey game in person without the anxiety that the noise would generate.
                            AspyDad, are you out there?
                            I truly do get it, and realize I'm likely in the minority. Again, a truly great cause originally spearheaded by Aspy....but I don't have to like it. 😜
                            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

It's not all that vibrant when there aren't students around. Just saying.

Comment

Working...
                              X