This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2018-2019: Souza the Opportunity or Louza the Opportunity

Bad weather up there?? Looks like a pretty sparse crowd.
    Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

So far, so fun.

Comment

4-3 NU ‘Cats being worn down this period amd Crookshank down the tunnel mid way through the second...
        I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post
          Bad weather up there?? Looks like a pretty sparse crowd.
          Nope very nice...just a Friday nite crowd?

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
            4-3 NU ‘Cats being worn down this period amd Crookshank down the tunnel mid way through the second...
            Gildon slept walked through that last PP

Comment

• Originally posted by GrouchyUNHer View Post
              Yeah, I'm still here, ya Bentley carpetbagger! And it's Grouchy, not Grumpy ya old durn fool! !How many times do I have to tell you to GIT OFF MY LAWN???

Now that that's done....I like UNH's chances tonight against those dang mutts from Huntington Ave. I could care less about the ****pot, Beanpot, or whatever the dang Pot they won last week, they can just git off my lawn and git off my home ice!! Dagnammit!!
              Hey, Grouchy, sorry for misremembering your name here; you need to post more to help my memory, as I am an old guy, too.

Meanwhile, you probably remember the olden days when 'Black Betty' was a theme song at the Whitt? Well, that song played for over 2 minutes during a time out at the Bentley Arena tonight. :-)

Comment

Good teams find ways to win...NU’s Pecararo has Hattie.

Comment

Just got back from what turned out to be real schitshow of a game. A few observations:

1. Week byes do not work. They never help the Patriots, and never help the Wildcats. Never. Ever. EVER!!

2. Worst special-teams play that I have seen in a long time, with an exception to the 5 on 3 they managed to kill off. I thought that there was an emphasis to fix this dangerous downturn trend in special teams play? See point #1 above.

3. Gildon needs to be benched. Wish that I could see what Souza sees, and why he wishes he had five more of him I'm sure Dan, our resident expert will strongly disagree and I honestly don't care if he does disagree. Huge liability, especially in these final crucial games.

4. Speaking of these final crucial games - part of me is really hoping that they can lock up a playoff spot, but in all honesty, if we are seeing an end-of-season collapse about to start then there's no sense to prolong the agony into the post-season.
                  UNH

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post

4. Speaking of these final crucial games - part of me is really hoping that they can lock up a playoff spot, but in all honesty, if we are seeing an end-of-season collapse about to start then there's no sense to prolong the agony into the post-season.
                    They have a playoff spot. Merrimack, Vermont, and UConn have all been eliminated.
                    Lowell Forever
                    Forever Lowell

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                      Just got back from what turned out to be real schitshow of a game. A few observations:

1. Week byes do not work. They never help the Patriots, and never help the Wildcats. Never. Ever. EVER!!

2. Worst special-teams play that I have seen in a long time, with an exception to the 5 on 3 they managed to kill off. I thought that there was an emphasis to fix this dangerous downturn trend in special teams play? See point #1 above.

3. Gildon needs to be benched. Wish that I could see what Souza sees, and why he wishes he had five more of him I'm sure Dan, our resident expert will strongly disagree and I honestly don't care if he does disagree. Huge liability, especially in these final crucial games.

Playoff berth was earned by default. UCONN and UVM are 7 points back and only have 3 league games left to play. Right now we are staring down the barrel of a first round matchup in Amherst.

The team fell asleep on this one and the better team rose to the top and took it. Lots of defensive mistakes on breakout passes all through the game and most critically in the second period.

Not to pile on Max, but he is either sick, injured, or checked out. If it's either of the first two then so be it. If it's the latter and he is just riding it out until he signs his ELC then Vela needs to have a little talk with him as the captain to get his head back in the game. Not blaming the loss on him but I think anyone should reasonably expect a better game from him than that. Either way it's a disappointing but not unexpected loss, the disappointment comes in how it played out moreso than the result.

Comment

Scott / DB can’t disagree with your observations. Think I heard that with UVM losing we are in but not sure . Just fell apart out there; plain and simple. NU ...so skilled and organized. Think Robinson did what he could out there and prob wants a couple of those back. Let’s see what they do tomorrow.

EDIT: guess we are in (HE tourney)!and that was a goal I had for them so that’s a positive.
                        Last edited by HockeyRef; 02-22-2019, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Two best players on team (Gildon and Blackburn) were -3, with BvR and MacAdams +3, and Vela +2, so according to box score, the third line was best on Friday night.

I will try to arrive at Libby's by 4 pm on Saturday, in time to watch B's - Blues, assuming that they are willing to forego college basketball on one of their TV's. Thanks again for Whitt ticket, 1932.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott View Post
                            Until we start calling for everyone who has a bad night, or commits a turnover, to be benched you're just proving my point that Gildon is the best player on the team - an elite talent and a difference maker. Lot of players had bad nights in their own end and all five guys on both PP units were lousy. So, why are we only benching Gildon?

Likely because you know darn well how good he is. And your expectation for him is sky high. He isn't perfect and he wasn't good tonight (same could be said for nearly the entire team outside of BVR). Big deal it's one game against a good team (much better than UNH)...

Sure doesn't take much for the pendulum to swing from Souza has got this team dominating to the team is mailing it in and the best players don't care...

Maybe, just maybe, there is something to the argument about who they'd been playing since the Miami series - and who theyre facing in their final five...
                            Last edited by Dan; 02-22-2019, 10:36 PM.
                            Live Free or Die!!
                            Miami University '03

Comment

I am pretty disappointed in the team's performance tonight just like most of you. Since I recorded the game I am going to go back and watch it again. When watching a game live our eyes have a tendency to play tricks on us. The special teams were a big disappointment. We got scored on each of our first two penalty kills. Then we got scored against on our first power play. Two weeks working on the special teams made things worse, not better.

Comment

Friday's are always less than Saturday's and there were 4000+ when all was said and done.

Comment

Working...
                                X