This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2018-2019: Souza the Opportunity or Louza the Opportunity

NH college hockey: Windham's Miller thrives in multiple roles with Wildcats:
    https://www.unionleader.com/sports/c...0929ca53d.html
    I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
      Kinda invisible last night; Flyers had very few PP's. B's on the other hand had double digit minutes of PP's, but only one PPG to show. Flyers goalkeeper stood on his head at times.
      Interesting observation I made in a couple of recent Flyers' games (not last night) … two games that both went to OT, and in neither of the games - one of which went the 5 minute duration, the other which ended about a minute in - did JvR see any ice during the 3-on-3. For a guy who's a great skater and (supposedly) a scoring machine, I thought that was curious. Maybe I just saw the wrong games, and maybe these were aberrations? Or just Philly's new HC getting a better sense of his players?? I mean, I can see him maybe not being on the first three, but for a top six forward not to touch the ice in the 3-on-3 OT at all … just one of those things that makes you go hmmmmm ...
      Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
      Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Wow...Maine clocks BC...They have maturity and a great goalie...playing at the Alfond...what could possibly happen
        Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
          Interesting observation I made in a couple of recent Flyers' games (not last night) … two games that both went to OT, and in neither of the games - one of which went the 5 minute duration, the other which ended about a minute in - did JvR see any ice during the 3-on-3. For a guy who's a great skater and (supposedly) a scoring machine, I thought that was curious. Maybe I just saw the wrong games, and maybe these were aberrations? Or just Philly's new HC getting a better sense of his players?? I mean, I can see him maybe not being on the first three, but for a top six forward not to touch the ice in the 3-on-3 OT at all … just one of those things that makes you go hmmmmm ...
          Just like some of the shoot out choices coaches make...they make me go hmmm as well. I watched the game last night; was surprised to see less of JvR than I expected. Maybe he's injured as he's returning from an injury sustained in the early season. But geeze he had a hattie game before last so I don't know what's up.
          Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
            What makes me "go hmmmmm...." is watching/listening to Kevin Dean interview during second intermission of B's game tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
              What makes me "go hmmmmm...." is watching/listening to Kevin Dean interview during second intermission of B's game tonight.
              So … what did one of our cherished UNH alums have to say?
              Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
              Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                So … what did one of our cherished UNH alums have to say?
                Yada, yada, yada; he is very loquacious. :-)

I missed the beginning of the interview, so not sure if there was any UNH talk, although I suspect there might have been, given that the previous two B's games were on national TV, and this one had the UNH pair back in the booth.

But, my "hmmmmm...." was that his name came up on our threads during the prolonged UNH search for a new assistant coach this past summer.
                Last edited by Snively65; 01-18-2019, 11:32 AM.

Comment

One of these days I need to catch up with some of you folks at a game or what not. Figured I would poke my head in here and see what was up after being MIA for 4-5 years.
                  GO WILDCATS! 2002 & 2003 Hockey East Reg. Season & Tourney Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by Cookin4Fun View Post
                    One of these days I need to catch up with some of you folks at a game or what not. Figured I would poke my head in here and see what was up after being MIA for 4-5 years.
                    Heading to 'Mack tonight? A few of us rowdies are going to be there And I'll hopefully be at the UMaine game Monday...if I can get there!
                    Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Nice to be ahead at the start awesome goals! Keep it up ‘Cats!!
                      MacAdams left the game hope he’s ok.. Dig in ‘Cats!!
                      Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                        Nice to be ahead at the start awesome goals! Keep it up ‘Cats!!
                        MacAdams left the game hope he’s ok.. Dig in ‘Cats!!
                        Continue to stay out of Pbox, SMT's! :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                          Continue to stay out of Pbox, SMT's! :-)
                          He’s back fortunately ....but man it’s getting chippy...
                          Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Win the games you need to win and that’s what the ‘Cats did tonight!! Onto the Black Bears go ‘Cats!!
                            Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                              Win the games you need to win and that’s what the ‘Cats did tonight!! Onto the Black Bears go ‘Cats!!
                              Yup, need to beat dem Black Bears on Monday night, to keep them pinned to 35th, or even lower, in the PWR. Meanwhile, our Cats remain in 29th PWR, clawing at the heals of Wisconsin, Michigan, and Miami, all under 0.500. And, Mack beat NU, Yukon, and Michigan, so.........

Comment

Fun win tonight; pulled to .500, making it really interesting in HE points...if we can take care of business and somehow keep rolling...my goal for them to make the HE tourney will be a reality. But one game at a time. Not sure why Charlie Kelleher didn't play tonight? Big "Whittamore Center South" crowd on hand too! Blackburn keeps rolling with the points and BvR pots another goal his 3rd in two games. Kudos to Mike Robinson for the shutout! A win on the road is a good thing...can we duplicate the effort on Monday? Go 'Cats!
                                Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Working...
                                X