Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2018-2019: Souza the Opportunity or Louza the Opportunity

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: UNH Wildcats 2018-2019: Souza the Opportunity or Louza the Opportunity

    Getting back to the powerplay.

    The one thing I think could improve the powerplay conversion rate is placing a big body in the low slot to take away the vision of the goalie. The two most likely candidates for this role would be Vela or BvR, but I think the best candidate would be Wyse. He is the biggest body on the team. I think he would embrace the opportunity to be in this role. I would put him on the powerplay unit that includes Gildon. When Gildon and Wyse are both healthy they have been defense partners as of late. Also, this would help with the work/rest ratio of the defensemen and help to get the defense pairings back in order coming out of the powerplay. The powerplay unit with Maas on it place Vela and/or BvR in the low slot to do the screening. I feel the goal scoring chances on the powerplay would increase tremendously if this were to happen. We need to find a way to score more goals!

    Thoughts?
    Last edited by Ray Dorn; 03-04-2019, 02:26 PM.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
      Couldn't care less whether UNH faces UMass or PC in two weeks' time. Still kind of hoping to match up with UMass, and testing their (lack of) post-season mettle.
      I think you are underrating UMass and overrating PC Chuck. Until UMass actually falters you have to assume that they are going to continue to be prolific. Plus UNH has had a habit over the years, even when they were clearly better, of not performing well at UMass. As for Providence, they are indeed well coached but every time I see them play they appear to struggle scoring. Hawkey is a good goalie but I can see UNH winning down there. Of course,in order to play Providence we would have to beat Northeastern at Matthews, a very tall order.

      Comment


      • Re: UNH Wildcats 2018-2019: Souza the Opportunity or Louza the Opportunity

        Union Leader Athlete of the Month: Mike Robinson the backstop behind UNH's surge:
        https://www.unionleader.com/sports/u...7ae345ada.html
        I will not be out cheered in my own building.

        Comment


        • Re: UNH Wildcats 2018-2019: Souza the Opportunity or Louza the Opportunity

          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose View Post
          I think you are underrating UMass and overrating PC Chuck. Until UMass actually falters you have to assume that they are going to continue to be prolific.
          Could be, Greg. Then again, UMass has lost its last three games to ranked opponents ...
          Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
          Montreal Expos Forever ...

          Comment


          • Re: UNH Wildcats 2018-2019: Souza the Opportunity or Louza the Opportunity

            Originally posted by Darius View Post
            Union Leader Athlete of the Month: Mike Robinson the backstop behind UNH's surge:
            https://www.unionleader.com/sports/u...7ae345ada.html
            Very cool and well deserved!!!
            Here we go 'Cats!!

            Comment


            • Re: UNH Wildcats 2018-2019: Souza the Opportunity or Louza the Opportunity

              Andrew Poturalski has 56 points this season, and is in 10th place in Checker's history for most goals in a season...there's 17 games left and he needs 19 points to do it! Call that boy up...good luck Andrew!
              Here we go 'Cats!!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                Andrew Poturalski has 56 points this season, and is in 10th place in Checker's history for most goals in a season...there's 17 games left and he needs 19 points to do it! Call that boy up...good luck Andrew!
                Call him up! UNH South.

                Comment


                • Re: UNH Wildcats 2018-2019: Souza the Opportunity or Louza the Opportunity

                  Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                  Andrew Poturalski has 56 points this season, and is in 10th place in Checker's history for most goals in a season...there's 17 games left and he needs 19 points to do it! Call that boy up...good luck Andrew!
                  Do you want him to set a scoring record in Charlotte, or get the call to The Show? Unlikely both will happen, and with Carolina in the hunt for a rare playoff berth, barring injuries, I think he'll get his chance to set that record.

                  There's a lot of young guys ahead of him right now with the big club, so the fact that he hasn't been called up yet probably tells its own tale. I mentioned that earlier in the season, and the success Carolina is enjoying so far this season suggests he's in the wrong place at the wrong time. Talented, undersized player, but at least playing on the plus side of plus/minus this season … can't help but think it's another Darren Haydar scenario, unless Poturalski finds another organization where he'll get a legitimate chance. He's 25 yrs. old now, so it's gotta happen soon if he wants to have even a modest Krog-like NHL career.
                  Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                  Montreal Expos Forever ...

                  Comment


                  • Re: UNH Wildcats 2018-2019: Souza the Opportunity or Louza the Opportunity

                    Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                    Do you want him to set a scoring record in Charlotte, or get the call to The Show? Unlikely both will happen, and with Carolina in the hunt for a rare playoff berth, barring injuries, I think he'll get his chance to set that record.

                    There's a lot of young guys ahead of him right now with the big club, so the fact that he hasn't been called up yet probably tells its own tale. I mentioned that earlier in the season, and the success Carolina is enjoying so far this season suggests he's in the wrong place at the wrong time. Talented, undersized player, but at least playing on the plus side of plus/minus this season … can't help but think it's another Darren Haydar scenario, unless Poturalski finds another organization where he'll get a legitimate chance. He's 25 yrs. old now, so it's gotta happen soon if he wants to have even a modest Krog-like NHL career.
                    He has been called up once...short lived. Yeah..great forwards are always in surplus. Went to see him play last year when the team was in CT at the Excel Center...amazing. Hope he gets his shot... Speaking of the 'Canes...would love to be in Boston tonight but alas...have to watch it on the telly! Go B's!! (oh, and to answer your question, BOTH...if that's possible)
                    Here we go 'Cats!!

                    Comment


                    • Re: UNH Wildcats 2018-2019: Souza the Opportunity or Louza the Opportunity

                      JvR at 19+16=35 points in 50 games; with 16 games remaining, including two against middle bro TvR, Flyers chances for making postseason look shaky, 5 points out in 10th place.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                        Do you want him to set a scoring record in Charlotte, or get the call to The Show? Unlikely both will happen, and with Carolina in the hunt for a rare playoff berth, barring injuries, I think he'll get his chance to set that record.

                        There's a lot of young guys ahead of him right now with the big club, so the fact that he hasn't been called up yet probably tells its own tale. I mentioned that earlier in the season, and the success Carolina is enjoying so far this season suggests he's in the wrong place at the wrong time. Talented, undersized player, but at least playing on the plus side of plus/minus this season … can't help but think it's another Darren Haydar scenario, unless Poturalski finds another organization where he'll get a legitimate chance. He's 25 yrs. old now, so it's gotta happen soon if he wants to have even a modest Krog-like NHL career.
                        Seen this movie before for too many UNH early departures!
                        GO BLUE/GO UNH

                        COLLEGE HOCKEY RULES

                        Comment


                        • Re: UNH Wildcats 2018-2019: Souza the Opportunity or Louza the Opportunity

                          Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                          Speaking of the 'Canes...would love to be in Boston tonight but alas...have to watch it on the telly! Go B's!! (oh, and to answer your question, BOTH...if that's possible)
                          Don't you mean the Bruins and the Whalers tonight?
                          https://boston.cbslocal.com/2019/03/...boston-bruins/

                          Comment


                          • Re: UNH Wildcats 2018-2019: Souza the Opportunity or Louza the Opportunity

                            Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                            Don't you mean the Bruins and the Whalers tonight?
                            https://boston.cbslocal.com/2019/03/...boston-bruins/
                            Even better! Love it!
                            Here we go 'Cats!!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                              Even better! Love it!
                              Foegeli and Pesce on ice for Whalers at opening face off.

                              Comment


                              • Re: UNH Wildcats 2018-2019: Souza the Opportunity or Louza the Opportunity

                                Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                                Seen this movie before for too many UNH early departures!
                                Agreed. Jeff Levy, Derek Bekar, Trevor Smith, Blake Kessel, just to name some of the most notable ones prior to Poturalski. I almost hesitate to include Smith, who did get some decent NHL service time in. And I'm not saying Poturalski won't get there, but the writing does appear to be on the wall with his current organization. IIRC he signed a two-way, one year deal last summer, so maybe he will be free to explore other options next season, if he so chooses (and he probably should).
                                Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                                Montreal Expos Forever ...

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X