X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2018-2019: Souza the Opportunity or Louza the Opportunity

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
    Looked at the video of the BU goals and it appears that Robinson struggled. Four of the goals looked soft to me.
    Completely agree...at least 3, maybe 4 softies; not his night.
    Shrink-The-Rink, Win a Title

Comment

I followed the 'cats live box score last night while watching parts of five other games. Unlike the last few years, the 'cats could have played with any of the ten teams. Not saying they'd win, but they belong on the same ice with them. The past few years it often looked like we were in a different division.

Dan: the Miami/WMU game was the most compelling. I found myself rooting for Western. Sorry. UNO gave Denver a good game.
      I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
        Well, I can tell you who it ain't: John Furgele went back the the USHL after his freshman year, then Quinnipiac, like another former UNH d-man.
        The other UNH defenseman to bolt for the USHL and then Quinnipiac was John Doherty - a HIGH NHL draft pick who never panned out, at all, for UNH. Then played sparingly in one year at QU before turning professional. He was a big time recruit but had a real disappointing career...

He was joined at QU by another NHL draft pick who never panned out at UNH? Can you name him...?

-

I'm not surprised the UNO transfer is a tough guess - he played in exactly zero games for UNH and lasted one semester (I believe) before returning to the USHL for a year and a half and then playing on the first three UNO teams in school history.

I think Watcher (who knows so much about UNH recruiting classes) or Greg (who was so close to the program then) might be the two favorites to know this name. But his time at UNH was so brief and uneventful that it has all but been scrubbed from the internet - I would think I was crazy for remembering things the way I do if not for the one google connection where Watcher, himself, mentions his name in one of our UNH Season Threads, while comparing Borek and McCloskey recruiting classes...

-

Tonight I'll attend my first Atlantic Hockey conference game between Army and Air Force. In honor of that game, here's a much easier question - which UNH forward began his playing career at Air Force before transferring home to UNH?
        Last edited by Dan; 01-12-2019, 01:49 PM.
        Live Free or Die!!
        Miami University '03

Comment

• Originally posted by Darius View Post
          I followed the 'cats live box score last night while watching parts of five other games. Unlike the last few years, the 'cats could have played with any of the ten teams. Not saying they'd win, but they belong on the same ice with them. The past few years it often looked like we were in a different division.

Dan: the Miami/WMU game was the most compelling. I found myself rooting for Western. Sorry. UNO gave Denver a good game.
          Fair enough - Western Michigan is a fun team to watch and Lawson is an exceptional place to watch a college hockey game. Tough result as a win last night could have vaulted Miami into third place (a point shy of second place) in the NCHC...

---

The UNO/DU game was wild as the UNO goalie, who has statistically been one of the worst in college hockey throughout his career was great last night and deserved the win. Instead he lost. Meanwhile, the Denver goalie, a hot-shot frosh who has been very good, was shaky and fighting pucks all night. Still, he managed his first career shut-out in the process. More proof that hockey is a team game - and sometimes a cruel game.

Omaha has now lost 13-straight (and been shut-out in four consecutive games) to Denver...
          Live Free or Die!!
          Miami University '03

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
            Fair enough - Western Michigan is a fun team to watch and Lawson is an exceptional place to watch a college hockey game. Tough result as a win last night could have vaulted Miami into third place (a point shy of second place) in the NCHC...

---

The UNO/DU game was wild as the UNO goalie, who has statistically been one of the worst in college hockey throughout his career was great last night and deserved the win. Instead he lost. Meanwhile, the Denver goalie, a hot-shot frosh who has been very good, was shaky and fighting pucks all night. Still, he managed his first career shut-out in the process. More proof that hockey is a team game - and sometimes a cruel game.

Omaha has now lost 13-straight (and been shut-out in four consecutive games) to Denver...
            Fun fact: The announcers said that the WMU fans show disrespect to the opposition during player introductions by turning their backs to the ice. When AFA visited the fans did not do this to show respect and honor the future leaders of our country.
            I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
              The other UNH defenseman to bolt for the USHL and then Quinnipiac was John Doherty - a HIGH NHL draft pick who never panned out, at all, for UNH. Then played sparingly in one year at QU before turning professional. He was a big time recruit but had a real disappointing career...

He was joined at QU by another NHL draft pick who never panned out at UNH? Can you name him...?

-

I'm not surprised the UNO transfer is a tough guess - he played in exactly zero games for UNH and lasted one semester (I believe) before returning to the USHL for a year and a half and then playing on the first three UNO teams in school history.

I think Watcher (who knows so much about UNH recruiting classes) or Greg (who was so close to the program then) might be the two favorites to know this name. But his time at UNH was so brief and uneventful that it has all but been scrubbed from the internet - I would think I was crazy for remembering things the way I do if not for the one google connection where Watcher, himself, mentions his name in one of our UNH Season Threads, while comparing Borek and McCloskey recruiting classes...

-

Tonight I'll attend my first Atlantic Hockey conference game between Army and Air Force. In honor of that game, here's a much easier question - which UNH forward began his playing career at Air Force before transferring home to UNH?
              Sure, just busy.

Ryan Bencurek, left UNh after a semester. he was a late add to UNH and had nice profile. Just never hit the ice.

The second Q transfer is Dan Travis.

AF transfer was Greg Dumond
              The Souza record:
              15-16 10th place
              16-17 10th place
              17-18 11th place
              18-19 8th place
              19-20 9th place
              20-21 10th place
              21-22 9th place
              22-23 10th place

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
                Sure, just busy.

Ryan Bencurik, left UNh after a semester. he was a late add to UNH and had nice profile. Just never hit the ice.

The second Q transfer is Dan Travis.

AF transfer was Greg Dumont
                Three for three.
                Live Free or Die!!
                Miami University '03

Comment

• Originally posted by Darius View Post
                  Fun fact: The announcers said that the WMU fans show disrespect to the opposition during player introductions by turning their backs to the ice. When AFA visited the fans did not do this to show respect and honor the future leaders of our country.
                  It's a great student fan-base. For a team that has historically been pretty mediocre, nonetheless...
                  Live Free or Die!!
                  Miami University '03

Comment

Are we having fun yet ?!?! Go ‘Cats!!
                    I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                      Are we having fun yet ?!?! Go ‘Cats!!
                      Appears to be a great game based of CHN game tracker. Another UNH SHG, and very few penalties. SMT's are baaack. :-)

Comment

We have a sniper in the house Ara N!!!

Comment

Huge!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                            Huge!!!
                            Nice W!
                            UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

THAT is an encouraging win - and a nice momentum boost heading into a stretch of eight very winnable games...
                              Live Free or Die!!
                              Miami University '03

Comment

What a night for the ‘Cats digging in and winning this thing outright. Has to be one of the most satisfying wins since we beat PC to go to the Garden in ‘15. AND... Gildon could play this weekend!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X