X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Does anyone miss CCHA?

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Yes. "The old ways are the best ways."

But I miss the 17-team, 3 division ECAC, so what do I know?
    Please. The "old ways" were better because the big time Midwest school money was mostly spread evenly over two conferences. This supported a bunch of MAC/D-2 programs and the Alaska schools. When the Big 14 consolidated all that money, that was a huge hit to the bottom lines of the D-2 schools. I'm not convinced that the Alaska schools will be around in 10 years, and maybe Ferris or one of the UP schools will fold. I don't want that.

I want a Division 1 college hockey where small schools who started programs before there was any profit motive have the same opportunity to start and maintain programs as the big schools, and I don't believe we have that. I don't give a shlt if Illinois or Northwestern or USC start programs, they're only being started because a bottom line focused AD thinks they'll be good for the accounting ledger. I care that the UP schools and the Alaska schools have the opportunities to succeed and be somewhat competitive in the standings.

This isn't too much to ask for.
    CCHA 4 LIFE

Comment

Sorry to break it to you but money rules the world

Comment

What I DON'T miss about the CCHA was the most biased officiating in all of college hockey!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
          What I DON'T miss about the CCHA was the most biased officiating in all of college hockey!
          You never watched the old WCHA did you?
          Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
            You never watched the old WCHA did you?
            Realignment may come and go but shltty officials will always be here.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
              Realignment may come and go but shltty officials will always be here.

Didn't anybody find it odd Piowtrowski officiated nearly ALL of Michigan's playoff and championship games? Of course no bias when Red's your
              best golfing buddy in the off season, right?

Comment

Didn't anybody find it odd Piowtrowski officiated nearly ALL of Michigan's playoff and championship games? Of course no bias when Red's your
                best golfing buddy in the off season, right?
                Piotrowski was the only thing out of the CCHA I liked.
                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                  Piotrowski was the only thing out of the CCHA I liked.
                  I'm not trying to be rude but REALLY? Not only did they make him Head of Hockey Officiating of the CCHA but now he holds the same title with the Big Ten!
                  I can't begin to count the games he threw and not just against Ohio State. Back in the early 2000's Alaska was facing Michigan in the first round of the CCHA Super 6 and he pretty much kept a Fairbanks player in the box the entire game. The Alaska fans were LIVID!
                  Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 01-01-2019, 06:02 PM.

Comment

It doesn’t matter, fans at all levels, from 9U to the NHL will constantly tell you how bad the officiating is and how bad their team got shafted.

It’s amazing that there are at least 500 people at every game that are smarter than all the coaches, players and refs put together.
                    Last edited by davyd83; 01-01-2019, 07:15 PM.
                    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

^^^ This ^^^

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                        It’s amazing that there are at least 500 people at every game that are smarter than all the coaches, players and refs put together.
                        Can't argue that, especially when I'm in the top percentile!

Comment

I miss the CCHA refs throwing candy to the students at Yost.

The best though was at a regional in St. Louis, my friends and I started chanting "where's our candy" and McInchak appears in the stands and hands us each a candy bar (this was during the game he was not officiating).
                          Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                          wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                          7 B1G
                          7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
                          6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
                          5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
                          5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
                          2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                          2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                            I miss the CCHA refs throwing candy to the students at Yost.

The best though was at a regional in St. Louis, my friends and I started chanting "where's our candy" and McInchak appears in the stands and hands us each a candy bar (this was during the game he was not officiating).
                            They loved you guys. Wasn't it like 90% of the CCHA refs were from Michigan?

Comment

I don't remember if this happened in the CCHA or WCHA days. On Halloween weekend, we had one student dressed like a banana. For the Saturday game one of the refs or linesman brought a banana to toss to the student section. He brought a banana each time he came to BG the remainder of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                                It doesn’t matter, fans at all levels, from 9U to the NHL will constantly tell you how bad the officiating is and how bad their team got shafted.

Just 500...?
                                Russell Jaslow
                                [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                                U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Working...
                                X