Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Does anyone miss CCHA?

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
    Wasn't the Big 10 Hockey conference supposed to really grow college hockey? Only Arizona State has joined and they aren't even in a conference at the moment.
    That was never the intention. The intention was ALWAYS to make a ton of money and keep that money in the conference.
    CCHA 4 LIFE

Comment

The CCHA was a great league and had really short travel distance for so many of the games .

Comment

Originally posted by Go___Tech_Gold View Post
        MTU is better off in the nWCHA than the old WCHA. Not being in the same conference as the other UP schools was a joke. Good riddance to the Colorado schools and North Dakota. MTU now plays comparatively sized, closer schools and has a regular, yearly plus .500 record. They got crushed by far away schools in the old days.

MTU should have stayed in the CCHA. Moot point now, thank God.
        No doubt the schools to have benefited from the new WCHA are Mankato, Tech, Bemidji and BG. Everyone else is a wash at this point or is worse off from realignment.
        CCHA 4 LIFE

Comment

Both AK schools in one conference works better. Play both schools on the same trip.
          Yeah but that's not how it works. Teams are paying to go to Alaska twice in once season. This is not sustainable.
          CCHA 4 LIFE

Comment

It is damaged, but not as bad as we were dreading. Some small schools actually benefited. UAH, MTU, NMU. The NCHC did and Big 10. So who lost? LSSU, FSU, BGSU, Bemidji, Mankato? Maybe a little but they seem to be doing just fine.
            NMU has not benefited from realignment.
            CCHA 4 LIFE

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
              The fans
              Yes, fans in Michigan lost, big time.
              CCHA 4 LIFE

Comment

Yes. "The old ways are the best ways."

But I miss the 17-team, 3 division ECAC, so what do I know?
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I miss the WCHA. Especially the always good time the Final Five.
                  Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Absolutely! I've yet to hear one valid argument making the case on how the re-alignment benefited college hockey in any way shape or form.

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                      I miss the WCHA. Especially the always good time the Final Five.
                      I miss some of the teams from the old WCHA but I prefer the current tournament over the Final Five. I was at both on-campus championship games and you'll never match the atmosphere at an oversized neutral site venue.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jnacc View Post
                        Absolutely! I've yet to hear one valid argument making the case on how the re-alignment benefited college hockey in any way shape or form.
                        I think there was at least one benefit. I believe conferences were getting too big. The WCHA, for instance, in recent years had expanded to 12 teams, and that's just too many imho. I would really like to see hockey conferences no greater than maybe 8 teams in size. You can still play plenty of conference games but leave yourself with a relevant number of out of conference games.

We went from five automatic qualifiers to six with re-alignment, and I think that was a good thing. I think we could use even a bit more of it, maybe forming another eastern conference out of some of the teams from HEA, the ECAC and Atlantic hockey.
                        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
                          I miss some of the teams from the old WCHA but I prefer the current tournament over the Final Five. I was at both on-campus championship games and you'll never match the atmosphere at an oversized neutral site venue.
                          This!

Comment

• Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
                            We shall agree to disagree. The Final Five to me was right behind the Frozen Four for entertainment on and off the ice.
                            Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                              I think there was at least one benefit. I believe conferences were getting too big. The WCHA, for instance, in recent years had expanded to 12 teams, and that's just too many imho. I would really like to see hockey conferences no greater than maybe 8 teams in size. You can still play plenty of conference games but leave yourself with a relevant number of out of conference games.
                              I love 12. If the Ivies would move to 10 NC I'd be content for life. In my opinion that is the optimal schedule.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                I love 12. If the Ivies would move to 10 NC I'd be content for life. In my opinion that is the optimal schedule.
                                Of course you do.

Comment

Working...
                                X