Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Does anyone miss CCHA?

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
    The Alaska schools don’t want to be split. No conference wants to have both.
    nWCHA wants them both. But the locals don't care if they are split as long as they are in good conferences. They are so remote that they will still play each other the maximum 4 times no matter what.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
      This is a big reason I am scared the Big Ten may have damaged college hockey beyond repair (to what it was at least), and I think many people are scared of admitting that as a real possibility.
      It is damaged, but not as bad as we were dreading. Some small schools actually benefited. UAH, MTU, NMU. The NCHC did and Big 10. So who lost? LSSU, FSU, BGSU, Bemidji, Mankato? Maybe a little but they seem to be doing just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Go___Tech_Gold View Post
        So who lost?
        The fans

Comment

The fans
          Not the UAH fans. They were about to fold. Old WCHA and Old CCHA didn't want them. B10 indirectly saved them.

Comment

The fans
            Whose fans? If the fans embrace the new rivalries that are maturing, I'm sure they will survive. Was it nice when Tech played UMD, UND and the yellow rodents? Sure, but I think they are doing just fine rivalry-wise with teams like NMU and BGSU in their conference. Hell, UAH has become a tight series in recent meetings and could blossom into a bona-fide rivalry with a few more close games and another playoff series or two.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by GoNanooks View Post
              I agree, I had no problem being in separate conferences. We would still be playing each other four times a year, unless the early season tournaments both returned. The conference affiliation just added another twist to the rivalry.
              Disagree, being in separate conferences killed the rivalry from what it used to be. There was also never any way to do things right, either they played four games and the non conference schedule suffered or they only played twice and the rivalry suffered.
              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

For me personally, in addition to the oCCHA teams I've enjoyed being in the same league as Tech. Hopefully they'll come over to the nCCHA.

Comment

Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post
                  For me personally, in addition to the oCCHA teams I've enjoyed being in the same league as Tech. Hopefully they'll come over to the nCCHA.
                  Ha ha. The only nCCHA there is or will be, is the honorary one, the 6 former CCHA schools in nWCHA (Tech is former CCHA, 1981-1984). Same as the 6 Ivy league schools within ECAC.

Wasn't there someone on here saying they were trying to find the Mason Cup but nobody at BGSU they talked to knew where it was? I thought it was at Hockey Hall of Fame in Toronto.

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
                    Whose fans? If the fans embrace the new rivalries that are maturing, I'm sure they will survive. Was it nice when Tech played UMD, UND and the yellow rodents? Sure, but I think they are doing just fine rivalry-wise with teams like NMU and BGSU in their conference. Hell, UAH has become a tight series in recent meetings and could blossom into a bona-fide rivalry with a few more close games and another playoff series or two.

Who are the yellow rodents? CC? Gophs? Badgers?
                    Last edited by Go___Tech_Gold; 12-21-2018, 06:20 PM.

Comment

Who are the yellow rodents? CC? Gophs? Badgers?
                      Neither a tiger nor a badger is a rodent.

Comment

nWCHA wants them both. But the locals don't care if they are split as long as they are in good conferences. They are so remote that they will still play each other the maximum 4 times no matter what.
                        Who in the WCHA wants both? Coaches? ADs?
                        "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                          Disagree, being in separate conferences killed the rivalry from what it used to be. There was also never any way to do things right, either they played four games and the non conference schedule suffered or they only played twice and the rivalry suffered.
                          The best thing that could happen to the rivalry is for UAA to win it for a year or two. Not that I want that to happen.

What killed it the last few years is both teams have stunk. We have just stunk less.
                          “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                            Who in the WCHA wants both? Coaches? ADs?
                            They're both in it aren't they? Isn't that proof WCHA wants them both?

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
                              Neither a tiger nor a badger is a rodent.

Thx

Comment

I’d trade Mankato and Bemidji for Miami and WMU. And perhaps pick up ASU and AF
                                I wanna go fast!

Comment

Working...
                                X