Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine 2018, 2019 Footba, I mean hockey thread.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine 2018, 2019 Footba, I mean hockey thread.

I have a feeling Maine is going to win tonight.

Comment

JSS is out, coaches decision due to discipline for bad penalty. Holesinsky is in line up. Sounds like other than that same line up. Dawes played up on second line after JSS left. My guess is this is line up based on what Shields/Mahoney said...

Fossier/Pearson/Tralmaks
      Dawe/Doherty/Robbins
      Westurlund/Shea/Smith
      Holesinsky/Quinlivan/Perez

Butala/Keeper
      Sirota/Muehlbauer
      Becker/Michel
      VMT

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackI View Post
        JSS is out, coaches decision due to discipline for bad penalty. Holesinsky is in line up. Sounds like other than that same line up. Dawes played up on second line after JSS left. My guess is this is line up based on what Shields/Mahoney said...

Fossier/Pearson/Tralmaks
        Dawe/Doherty/Robbins
        Westurlund/Shea/Smith
        Holesinsky/Quinlivan/Perez

Butala/Keeper
        Sirota/Muehlbauer
        Becker/Michel
        VMT
        Perez and Becker must have something on Red. Crazy they are playing over Sirota, Smith, and JSS.
        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Essentially Red says play to identity and stick to the process. I thought that was what Maine did last night - that is - give up an extra 7 minutes of power play to the opponent, let opponents forwards camp out in front in Maine's end, and hope Swayman stands on his head. If they do all that then one in a while Maine will be successful. So, I'm sure Red was pleased with Maine's play last night.

Comment

Looked like a bogus call there on Dawe.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackI View Post
              Looked like a bogus call there on Dawe.
              It was. Kid caught an edge and went down and refs called him for it. Regardless, a pretty solid period I'd say. They did a good job at limiting chances against, especially five on five, but they need better puck control.

Comment

Yuhh, good period. Having trouble keeping it in the off zone, NU has three back deep and moves it out no problem. Red needs to make adjustments instead of trying to pound a peg into a board.
                NU has some guys with really good puck skills.

Comment

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                  It was. Kid caught an edge and went down and refs called him for it. Regardless, a pretty solid period I'd say. They did a good job at limiting chances against, especially five on five, but they need better puck control.
                  The transition game is a bit lop sided. NU break out is fast. Maine always going for a regroup and it's backfiring a lot. I think Maines gotta keep this a battle on the boards to survive. Skating back and forth with NU won't end well.

Comment

4 Maine skaters stop and let NU forward go in unchallenged on Swayman. Great defense.

NU 1-0

Comment

Am I the only one who gets ****ed every time i see a lazy attempt at a clear out. They blow more chances on what should be a puck out of the zone, instead they give opponents another shot at swayman

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

What the!! Their asleep.

Comment

Beautiful 3 on 2 by NU. I miss those days when Maine could do that.

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                            Am I the only one who gets ****ed every time i see a lazy attempt at a clear out. They blow more chances on what should be a puck out of the zone, instead they give opponents another shot at swayman

Have gotten used to it. Its their system now.

Comment

celtics and football time

Comment

NU transitions fast into 3 on 2 and a nice set up and onetimer by Pecararo fine NU a two goal lead.

Comment

Working...
                                X