X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: World Juniors 2019 Vancouver

Boston 4 - Kazakhstan 1

Comment

I've never understood the Canadian fans dislike for Team USA in this tourney.

Oh wait, yes I do; we're a major threat to their "superiority" and actually have been better than them since 2010.
      "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Big game against Sweden tonight, will most likely determine Group B winner
        YALE HOCKEY
        2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
          Big game against Sweden tonight, will most likely determine Group B winner
          What time and is it on TV?
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
            What time and is it on TV?
            10:30 pm eastern, on NHL
            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Ferraro’s voice annoys me to no end. Rather hear Melrose. Chippy game with the team that created the game and the Czechs. 3-1 Canada, end of one.
              YALE HOCKEY
              2013 National Champions

Comment

Well this is ugly...gotta beat the Finns now to avoid playing Russia in the first round of the knockout round...
                The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                GO LAKERS!!!
                GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                Oswego State '09

Comment

just wow.. pls keep up the intensity!
                  GO NU HOCKEY
                  Always bullish on the future.
                  We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

that stings. nevertheless they did not lie down nor give up. just keep gelling, team.
                    GO NU HOCKEY
                    Always bullish on the future.
                    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                      that stings. nevertheless they did not lie down nor give up. just keep gelling, team.
                      The US trailed Russia in the pre-tournament 2-0 after two and won, 3-2. Against Slovakia they faced a 1-0 deficit through two periods and won, 2-1. Tonight a four-goal third period forces overtime. It hasn't been pretty but they're sure not quitting...

This is a forward group that really has to work and be hard on pucks to have success and they're just not doing that for anything close to 60 minutes. Put a few games together and they can win this tournament.

Poehling may have been the only guy in the building who believed they could win after his first - he had a wild look in his eyes - but he took over and willed that comeback. What a performance...
                      Live Free or Die!!
                      Miami University '03

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                        The US trailed Russia in the pre-tournament 2-0 after two and won, 3-2. Against Slovakia they faced a 1-0 deficit through two periods and won, 2-1. Tonight a four-goal third period forces overtime. It hasn't been pretty but they're sure not quitting...

This is a forward group that really has to work and be hard on pucks to have success and they're just not doing that for anything close to 60 minutes. Put a few games together and they can win this tournament.

Poehling may have been the only guy in the building who believed they could win after his first - he had a wild look in his eyes - but he took over and willed that comeback. What a performance...
                        He was huge in that department...a leader on the ice who believed.

Comment

So do they continue to ride Keyser in goal or do we see Cayden Primeau vs Finland?
                          "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                            So do they continue to ride Keyser in goal or do we see Cayden Primeau vs Finland?
                            Good question...I would [imo] go with Primeau.

Comment

Honest question to Michigan fans....is Q. Hughes as bad defesnsivley for you guys as he has been for the U.S. in general? I mean his skating is superb and you can see his stick skills are at a high pro level but man does he make so many stupid stupid and even more stupid plays out there.

Comment

Originally posted by jnacc View Post
                                Honest question to Michigan fans....is Q. Hughes as bad defesnsivley for you guys as he has been for the U.S. in general? I mean his skating is superb and you can see his stick skills are at a high pro level but man does he make so many stupid stupid and even more stupid plays out there.
                                Very much NOT a Michigan fan, but I agree he is a real liability out there sometimes. He can almost always get away with the extreme razzle-dazzle against most college squads, but against the top WJC teams he needs to know when NOT to take unnecessary risk.
                                Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X