Providence Friars '18-19 Season Thread - Big Things In Store

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Providence Friars '18-19 Season Thread - Big Things In Store

Couple bad goals for Hawkey, was fighting it all night. It was a train wreck towards end of game for PC, couldn't get anything set up to even get a sniff of tying the game.

Comment

And, UMD could easily have been called for 5-6 interference penalties that weren't whistled.

The NHL and the NCAA want to make hockey more attractive to the casual fan, but both bodies are fine with the refs cowering at crunch-time, evidently.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
        PC was faster, UMD was more physical (bigger) but PC was the more skilled team.
        Not sure I agree that they were "faster." I thought they were about even. UMass is faster than both of them, but if they can't play disciplined they won't win against a team who has been here three years in a row and knows how to expose their opponent's weaknesses. I also wonder about conditioning. Both Hockey East teams were gassed at the end of the game and the NCHC easily dominated the third period in both games.

Comment

I didn’t think there was a noticeable difference between the teams last night other than Hawkey giving up a bit of a softy on the first goal. Goaltending was probably the difference in the end, with two garbage time goals coming with an empty net. The teams were very evenly matched otherwise.

Still, a terrific run by PC, and you guys should be proud! I was half-expecting to see some 2015 magic; but then again, Omaha is NOT Duluth. That team is a powerhouse. Good on the Friars for hanging with them.

See ya next season in what I can only hope is a more competitive Mayor’s Cup.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
            Not sure I agree that they were "faster." I thought they were about even. UMass is faster than both of them, but if they can't play disciplined they won't win against a team who has been here three years in a row and knows how to expose their opponent's weaknesses. I also wonder about conditioning. Both Hockey East teams were gassed at the end of the game and the NCHC easily dominated the third period in both games.
            Makar has to show up Saturday...that's all there is to it....but, given the experience the Bulldogs have, they get my nod...we'll see!
            I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

I feel better about PC’s game on Thursday after watching the machine named Duluth. UMass basically had the same issues as PC but PC had a slightly better game against UMD
              Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

• [QUOTE=The Zlax45;6796131]I feel better about PC’s game on Thursday after watching the machine named Duluth. UMass basically had the same issues as PC but PC had a slightly better game against UMD

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                  I feel better about PC’s game on Thursday after watching the machine named Duluth. UMass basically had the same issues as PC but PC had a slightly better game against UMD
                  Slightly better? UMass was never in the game and only mustered 18 shots. PC had 29 shots and the game was in doubt until the end of the 3rd period, PC had a chance to take the lead in the 3rd on the 5x3. Trust me UMD knew they were in a game with PC, UMass was just a blip on the radar screen for UMD. This team was built for the Tournament, which it showed, folks should feel good about what they accomplished this season even though there was a bit of inconsistencies.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernFriar View Post
                    Slightly better? UMass was never in the game and only mustered 18 shots. PC had 29 shots and the game was in doubt until the end of the 3rd period, PC had a chance to take the lead in the 3rd on the 5x3. Trust me UMD knew they were in a game with PC, UMass was just a blip on the radar screen for UMD. This team was built for the Tournament, which it showed, folks should feel good about what they accomplished this season even though there was a bit of inconsistencies.
                    Absolutely....I originally thought PC played poorly against UMD with all the turnovers in their own zone, the lack of ability to get the puck in the final five minutes, etc...Then I saw what UMD did to UMass and it shows you how well PC played against a team that was a MACHINE this season.
                    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Bryson has signed with Buffalo. One gone so far.... would've loved to see him return but after the year he's had it seemed unlikely he'd come back.

Comment

Originally posted by 3100IRL View Post
                        Bryson has signed with Buffalo. One gone so far.... would've loved to see him return but after the year he's had it seemed unlikely he'd come back.
                        Suprised he is alone so far

Comment

• Originally posted by satyking View Post
                          Suprised he is alone so far
                          And just after you entered that Duhaime leaves. Jinx!
                          Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Does anybody have a link for updates of college players signing/leaving? I used to use College Hockey Inc but they haven't really caught up to even Makar signing. Typically as fast as Mark Divver tweeted something it was there but they're behind this year.

Comment

Originally posted by 3100IRL View Post
                              Does anybody have a link for updates of college players signing/leaving? I used to use College Hockey Inc but they haven't really caught up to even Makar signing. Typically as fast as Mark Divver tweeted something it was there but they're behind this year.
                              https://www.uscho.com/pro-signings-b...019-offseason/

Comment

BU has lost 5 so far

Comment

Working...
                                X