Providence Friars '18-19 Season Thread - Big Things In Store

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cavbim View Post
    I would suspect them having Cale Makar, the most exciting player in college hockey might have a little to do with it
    Kind of reminds me when BU had Jack Eichel.

It's a great day for April hockey. Looking for the Friars A-gsme today, else they go home early.

Comment

• Re: Providence Friars '18-19 Season Thread - Big Things In Store

Don't get me wrong I think UMass is a good team and I'd LOVE to see an all HE final. I don't think they are a guarantee over Denver which doesn't wilt in games like this and it seems to be getting no press.

Comment

Originally posted by The Freds View Post
        Kind of reminds me when BU had Jack Eichel.

It's a great day for April hockey. Looking for the Friars A-game today, else they go home early.
        That worked out well... for the Friars!!!

Comment

Looks like a home game for PC.....half the seats are empty and we got 2 gifts from the Refs.....have to go harder next period
          Last edited by satyking; 04-11-2019, 04:48 PM. Reason: add to post

Comment

It's tough to tell with Melrose and Buccigross yelling in my ears while I'm at work, but it seems like we have some work to do offensively. One of these goals is going to count.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
            -Blackadder
            "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
            -Casablanca
            "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
            -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Seems Hayden has to give up that one bad goal but the Friars Power Play continues to go strong and so we go to the third tied 1-1. Overall think the Friars are playing well. Got a couple of breaks in the first period but those were legitimate no goals.

Let's hope for a great 3rd period and Friars can close this out.

Comment

Not scoring on that two-man advantage is going to be their downfall.

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
                  Not scoring on that two-man advantage is going to be their downfall.
                  Even Melrose noted that as the turning point, great run!
                  YALE HOCKEY
                  2013 National Champions

Comment

We were Duluthed

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                    -Blackadder
                    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                    -Casablanca
                    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon View Post
                      We were Duluthed
                      Fact!

Not a strong game by Hawkey on the two goals but the defense struggled all night with breakouts. That was troubling and basically what PC does to teams...
                      Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon View Post
                        We were Duluthed
                        What can youn do, good effort by the friars, but Bulldogs played e better game and deserved to win. Friars lost the game at the face off dot.

Comment

• Hawkey looked off (many parts of the gm), something i had not seen of him, having watched him several times this season. Solid season PC, nonetheless.
                          GO NU HOCKEY
                          Always bullish on the future.
                          We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Friars struggled most games they lost when they were not good with faceoffs...second goal they got sloppy in their end giving UMD chances to cycle puck around...

Now we wait to see who comes back of the non-seniors...

Comment

• Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post
                              Friars struggled most games they lost when they were not good with faceoffs...second goal they got sloppy in their end giving UMD chances to cycle puck around...

Now we wait to see who comes back of the non-seniors...
                              Congrats on a great season Friar fans and team. You represented hockey east well.

Comment

OK, the ENG's made it look bad for PC, but they played well enough to win. The GWG was fluckey, but that's how it goes sometimes.

PC was faster, UMD was more physical (bigger) but PC was the more skilled team.

Good Gawd, I hope that college hockey isn't going to trend to the "boring" yet again.

Comment

Working...
                                X