Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Split-N View Post
    Providence is well known for its graduate programs
    Certainly attracts high end ivy school student. First Princeton now Harvard.
    Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

• Re: Providence Friars '18-19 Season Thread - Big Things In Store

Originally posted by pc88 View Post
      Agree with Zlax. All games were great and could have gone either way. Home team won each game but it could have easily flipped.

My bet is UMass would rather see UMD
      Some one pointed out - and it might even have been Zlax - that the team that played the best in each game, lost.
      I didn't see any of the game at UMASS but I saw the two games at the Coffin and that is certainly
      true.

I am surprised that all the attention is on UMASS' Cinderella season, UMD potentially repeating, and PC getting placed in Providence in the regional and no one is paying attention to the team with 8 national titles that UMASS is playing Thursday night.
      Last edited by Jon; 04-05-2019, 04:32 PM.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
      -Blackadder
      "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
      -Casablanca
      "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
      -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by pc88 View Post
        Agree with Zlax. All games were great and could have gone either way. Home team won each game but it could have easily flipped.

My bet is UMass would rather see UMD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Actually Friars lost at home and won at home...

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
          Some one pointed out - and it might even have been Zlax - that the team that played the best in each game, lost.
          I didn't see any of the game at UMASS but I saw the two games at the Coffin and that is certainly
          true.

I am surprised that all the attention is on UMASS' Cinderella season, UMD potentially repeating, and PC getting placed in Providence in the regional and no one is paying attention to the team with 8 national titles that UMASS is playing Thursday night.
          PC outshot UMass 31-21 that night and 13-5 in the third period.
          Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post
            Actually Friars lost at home and won at home...
            I forgot the 1st series was home and home

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Reading Mark today it looks like the whole team is healthy and ready to go

Comment

What is up with the fist to the head the guys are doing? Anyone know the origins of it? I started recognizing them doing it after Vimal got hit in the head in the Minnesota State game....but didn't know if it was going on earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                  What is up with the fist to the head the guys are doing? Anyone know the origins of it? I started recognizing them doing it after Vimal got hit in the head in the Minnesota State game....but didn't know if it was going on earlier.
                  Was this not happening last year too? I saw him do it against the huskies last year in the semi finals
                  45 second mark -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dF0W2GPvvV8

Comment

• Originally posted by WarHog89 View Post
                    Was this not happening last year too? I saw him do it against the huskies last year in the semi finals
                    45 second mark -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dF0W2GPvvV8

Good catch must be a Vimal thing

Comment

Awfully quiet here before today's big game....

Comment

• Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post
                        I noticed the same thing. I actually like it because what really can be said. None if us have any influence on what's going to happen after 5pm. PC is playing a very good tram today and I think it should be a close game. Either team could win although I give the slight nod to UMD. Hopefully the boys are rested but ready as their start vs. Mankato was rough.
                        I'd like to see them play on Saturday. Why does it seem like everyone is sleeping on Denver? UMass hasn't proven anything yet and the talk has been all about them outside of Colorado.

Comment

Originally posted by PC91 View Post
                          I noticed the same thing. I actually like it because what really can be said. None if us have any influence on what's going to happen after 5pm. PC is playing a very good tram today and I think it should be a close game. Either team could win although I give the slight nod to UMD. Hopefully the boys are rested but ready as their start vs. Mankato was rough.
                          I'd like to see them play on Saturday. Why does it seem like everyone is sleeping on Denver? UMass hasn't proven anything yet and the talk has been all about them outside of Colorado.
                          I suppose the two 4-0 shutouts in the regional has something to do with the UMASS talk. Sure Denver had a shutout but that was against AIC. UMASS shutout Harvard and Notre Dame and it wasn't even close in either from what I read.

Comment

I suppose the two 4-0 shutouts in the regional has something to do with the UMASS talk. Sure Denver had a shutout but that was against AIC. UMASS shutout Harvard and Notre Dame and it wasn't even close in either from what I read.
                            I would suspect them having Cale Makar, the most exciting player in college hockey might have a little to do with it
                            Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Well wait till after season is over and everyone discusses the early exodus that is coming, shouldn’t be quiet then.
                              Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

No problem, much better to play a good game, than to talk a good game.
                                A lot depends on Hayden, and puck luck.
                                Go friars.

Comment

Working...
                                X