Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Providence Friars '18-19 Season Thread - Big Things In Store

I was sitting in section 124 yesterday and I saw 2 games in one

It looked like Mankato was about to run away with a 4-1 lead but the offside after the review disallowed the 4th goal that would have made it 4-1 Mavericks

Then the power play goals took over and a major was the coup d’grace as PC finished it off with 2 more pp goals

Meanwhile in the stands there was another battle in my section between PC fans and namely this one vulgar Minnesotan female fan

At the end all the PC fans turn and looked at this one particular fan and gloated in glee at her

This even set her off more

I am sure the people beside her were embarrassed but they said nothing to her being fellow MS Fans
    NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

• Originally posted by Netman View Post
      Well if it doesn't happen to you then it must not be a thing!
      I also shown up five minutes before faceoff and had no issues in being in my seats for faceoff and these were games sold out.
      Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

• Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
        I was sitting in section 124 yesterday and I saw 2 games in one

It looked like Mankato was about to run away with a 4-1 lead but the offside after the review disallowed the 4th goal that would have made it 4-1 Mavericks

Then the power play goals took over and a major was the coup d’grace as PC finished it off with 2 more pp goals

Meanwhile in the stands there was another battle in my section between PC fans and namely this one vulgar Minnesotan female fan

At the end all the PC fans turn and looked at this one particular fan and gloated in glee at her

This even set her off more

I am sure the people beside her were embarrassed but they said nothing to her being fellow MS Fans
        I was in a section with a vulgar Minnesota state woman (she was wearing a white MSU jersey I could say the number but that would likely identify her) for about a period and left it due to her attitude. The group she was with was taunting PC fans after the goal was waived off saying look at the scoreboard. So I wonder how she felt after MSU collapsed!
        Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
          I was in a section with a vulgar Minnesota state woman (she was wearing a white MSU jersey I could say the number but that would likely identify her) for about a period and left it due to her attitude. The group she was with was taunting PC fans after the goal was waived off saying look at the scoreboard. So I wonder how she felt after MSU collapsed!
          I was there with my brother as he was a NU alum

We saw one excellent game but the NU Cornell game was a total one sided game

Good luck to PC today
          NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
            Parking at the Mall yesterday was 15 bucks.
            No, it was not. It was $2, like on any other day. Mall parking does not change the price.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bruin View Post
              No, it was not. It was $2, like on any other day. Mall parking does not change the price.
              I parked away a couple of blocks away for $10 and easy access to the highway

Comment

Wherever I parked ended up being 15 I think. Garage next to DDC.

Comment

Originally posted by dillon View Post
                  Too bad PC doesn't play some regular season or HE playoff games at the Dunk.

Glad they don't.

It's a great place to watch a hockey game, and would expand on the fan base.
                  It is a great place to watch a hockey game, and no, it would not expand the fan base.

Schneider is such a lousy place to watch a game, with a terrible parking situation, bad sight lines, blasting music through an awful sound system.
                  Agree on the sound system and the quality of the venue. Parking is no bad at all. The problem is everyone wants to park at the garage. You don't have that at DDC (at least not for free), then why expect it at PC? Plenty of parking, within 5 minute-walk of the arena.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                    So sad to see an adult woman act like a 10-year old juvenile

I won’t describe what else she did but the dad of the kids nearby felt compelled to talk to her and she was not ashamed or deterred by what she was doing in public

Comment

As I said, the mall parking is always $2 (up to 5 hours, I think). You can walk to the arena, and almost never have to go outside (almost never, because it happened to me only twice - yesterday, when they closed the skybridge between convention center and the arena, so I ended up walking the last 30 seconds on the street, and the time when they closed the mall due to the shooting last year).

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                        Parking at the Mall yesterday was 15 bucks.
                        Then you got robbed!!! I paid $2.00

Comment

I was in the section on the opposite side (across the ice), so I couldn't hear her, but she was obviously belligerent. Visiting fan, with plenty of time for a pre-game "warmup". It's unfortunate, because college games shouldn't have that kind of behavior. I'm surprised DDC staff did not intervene. Oh, and regardless of the allegiances, MSU fans around her should have stepped in and stopped her.

Note to fans: if you are going to talk trash and taunt after 10 minutes of the 60 minute game, then be a good sport about being "smacked" in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruin View Post
                            I was in the section on the opposite side (across the ice), so I couldn't hear her, but she was obviously belligerent. Visiting fan, with plenty of time for a pre-game "warmup".
                            She was dressed like a cheerleader/wrestler. She was pounding beers in between periods as well. I'm surprised that the Dunkin staff didn't get involved but I guess they figured she'd be done and out soon. I think she left after the game. She was a pip! The MSU Chick yesterday was priceless and reminded me of the Wave It Off Cow Lady of UNH!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bruin View Post
                              Oh, and regardless of the allegiances, MSU fans around her should have stepped in and stopped her.
                              Nope. They also paid money to travel out there and watch the game. It isn't their job to babysit a drunk person. Your problem should be solely with the arena staff.
                              the state of hockey is good

Comment

Ah, here we are talking about the drunk fan, the parking situation at Schneider and the quality of the sound system. All two hours before the (up-to-this point) most important game of the season. Let's go Friars! Yesterday this team showed that no matter what (I can give a list of complaints I have about their play this season), you should not write this team off. Play with heart again, and I'll be happy, regardless of the score.

Comment

Working...
                                X