Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
    Attendance in Providence was 7180.
    Seemed more like 9k to me, but a decent showing nonetheless.

Comment

• Originally posted by DisplacedCornellian View Post
      And Jon will be starting in goal for PC.
      I can hear Schaefer drooling...

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
      -Blackadder
      "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
      -Casablanca
      "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
      -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

• Originally posted by 3100IRL View Post
        I unknowingly found myself surrounded by Cornell fans in 106 or 107. I didn't really catch on or have awareness they were there until the hecklers rolled out after the game was at 4-3, telling me to sit down there's plenty of game left and again at 5-3. Good times though, I'll have to bring my Friars gear out tomorrow to wake up the Cornell elders in the section.
        They gave us U H N!!! Which will live in infamy

Good lot (Kepler notwithstanding)
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Re: Providence Friars '18-19 Season Thread - Big Things In Store

Too bad PC doesn't play some regular season or HE playoff games at the Dunk. It's a great place to watch a hockey game, and would expand on the fan base. I've been going to Schneider since 1974, and have been a season ticket holder for many of those years. This year dropped the season tickets and only got a 5 game pack because Schneider is such a lousy place to watch a game, with a terrible parking situation, bad sight lines, blasting music through an awful sound system. Was at the Dunk yesterday and will be there today. Glad the band decided to show up.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            They gave us U H N!!! Which will live in infamy

Good lot (Kepler notwithstanding)
            In between games yesterday my wife mentioned that she was happy to get away from a group of 10-12 fans behind us. She thought they were rude and obnoxious. I pointed out to her that they were Cornell fans. 😂
            Originally posted by mookie1995
            bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
            Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
            Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

• Originally posted by dillon View Post
              Too bad PC doesn't play some regular season or HE playoff games at the Dunk. It's a great place to watch a hockey game, and would expand on the fan base. I've been going to Schneider since 1974, and have been a season ticket holder for many of those years. This year dropped the season tickets and only got a 5 game pack because Schneider is such a lousy place to watch a game, with a terrible parking situation, bad sight lines, blasting music through an awful sound system. Was at the Dunk yesterday and will be there today. Glad the band decided to show up.
              I disagree completely with you. I got an obstructed view seat at the Dunk in the PC section for the tournament as I can’t see one goal due to a handicapped section. Paying to park at the Dunk vs free at Schiender is a huge difference with 15 home games, PC has roughly 1k season ticket holders and they don’t even use their tickets on most nights so a move to the Dunk would be a colossal mistake. Does anyone remember the Coffee Cup crowds at the Dunk? Wasn’t good
              Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

That was a lot of heart shown by the Friars coming back from 3 down like that. Good luck tomorrow, do Hockey East proud.
                The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                BC - 12
                BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

So here we go. Won’t be easy, but neither was yesterday.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                  -Blackadder
                  -Casablanca
                  "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                  -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                    I disagree completely with you. I got an obstructed view seat at the Dunk in the PC section for the tournament as I can’t see one goal due to a handicapped section. Paying to park at the Dunk vs free at Schiender is a huge difference with 15 home games, PC has roughly 1k season ticket holders and they don’t even use their tickets on most nights so a move to the Dunk would be a colossal mistake. Does anyone remember the Coffee Cup crowds at the Dunk? Wasn’t good
                    Park at the mall for $2. The only seats without obstructed view at Schneider are directly behind the goal, which one side is only for students. The garages are usually full, even when the games are half empty, the security guards are clueless, the large lot next to the rink is held for VIP's and usually has spots they don't let anyone use.

Comment

You miss my point. One reason for the small attendance at Schneider is the venue sucks. You will expand the fan base if you play at the Dunk. Note the front page coverage in the ProJo sports section, with full color pic. They're lucky if they get 2 paragraphs on page 6 during the season from the ProJo. The school athletic dept has no clue how to promote the program.

Comment

Park at the mall for $2. The only seats without obstructed view at Schneider are directly behind the goal, which one side is only for students. The garages are usually full, even when the games are half empty, the security guards are clueless, the large lot next to the rink is held for VIP's and usually has spots they don't let anyone use.
                        Parking at the Mall yesterday was 15 bucks.

Comment

You miss my point. One reason for the small attendance at Schneider is the venue sucks. You will expand the fan base if you play at the Dunk. Note the front page coverage in the ProJo sports section, with full color pic. They're lucky if they get 2 paragraphs on page 6 during the season from the ProJo. The school athletic dept has no clue how to promote the program.
                          The problem with Schneider and the venue sucking in your mind is the fact the school never touched the seating bowl in the recent renovations besides a few luxury boxes and redoing the press area.

I don’t have parking issues ever at Providence and I get there 30 minutes before faceoff.

Comment

This has nothing to do with the school, this is a decision by the Projo on what is newsworthy. The Projo actually has Divver covering college hockey in this area which is rare itself so we should be giving them credit for it. Not complaining about it.

Comment

The problem with Schneider and the venue sucking in your mind is the fact the school never touched the seating bowl in the recent renovations besides a few luxury boxes and redoing the press area.

I don’t have parking issues ever at Providence and I get there 30 minutes before faceoff.
                              Well if it doesn't happen to you then it must not be a thing!
                              Providence College
                              National Champions

Save the Fighting Sioux!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Netman View Post
                                Well if it doesn't happen to you then it must not be a thing!
                                Over half the times I went to PC home games, I missed most of the first period. Especially on Fridays.

-Blackadder
                                -Casablanca
                                -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Working...
                                X