• Show
Clear All

• Re: Providence Friars '18-19 Season Thread - Big Things In Store

Friars overcome a terrible 1st period

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon View Post
      For MSU

What the hell did Nate say after the first period?!?!
      He channeled his inner Keyser Soze and came at their throats. Families and pets had to have been threatened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by PC91 View Post
        Brother believe me you're going to get a kick out of it when you see the hockey atmosphere the PC "creates". We might even have our band at the game which is a big deal for us because we have been known to use the local high school band down the street to play at our games. If basketball was going on the band would be there and we would have recruited some local high school or college to be our band.
        When you see Northeastern University and their dog pound you'll get a hint of what it should be like for Providence college but it isn't. Cornell's band is outstanding to and their fan base is loud and fun.
        Again I'll let you witness it for yourself before I say I told you so.
        Providence had at least 15 times as many people here as NU does.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRevengeance View Post
          Providence had at least 15 times as many people here as NU does.
          It’s pretty empty in here now. Not many Cornell fans either, which surprises me.

Terrific game to attend as a neutral! Very fun. I found myself cheering for the home team. Awesome comeback. Good luck tomorrow. I always root for Northeastern, but will be pulling for you guys if you face Cornell.

Comment

• Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
            It’s pretty empty in here now. Not many Cornell fans either, which surprises me.

Terrific game to attend as a neutral! Very fun. I found myself cheering for the home team. Awesome comeback. Good luck tomorrow. I always root for Northeastern, but will be pulling for you guys if you face Cornell.
            Congrats to Providence! I missed the first period, so I only saw the good stuff. Quite fortunate getting the 5 minute major. I am sure that player that got his elbow up to the head is regretting it now. Hoping to see a Northeastern vs. Providence final. Imagine it would be a good crowd. I was happy to see so many Providence fans... where did the come from?

Comment

They heard Cooley was going to the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
                Most are usually on Elynah.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                  Most are usually on Elynah.
                  I’d have expected more Cornell fans than anything else.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                  -Blackadder
                  "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                  -Casablanca
                  "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                  -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

I unknowingly found myself surrounded by Cornell fans in 106 or 107. I didn't really catch on or have awareness they were there until the hecklers rolled out after the game was at 4-3, telling me to sit down there's plenty of game left and again at 5-3. Good times though, I'll have to bring my Friars gear out tomorrow to wake up the Cornell elders in the section.

Comment

Attendance in Providence was 7180.

Comment

• Originally posted by 3100IRL View Post
                        I unknowingly found myself surrounded by Cornell fans in 106 or 107. I didn't really catch on or have awareness they were there until the hecklers rolled out after the game was at 4-3, telling me to sit down there's plenty of game left and again at 5-3. Good times though, I'll have to bring my Friars gear out tomorrow to wake up the Cornell elders in the section.
                        I kind of enjoy Big Red fans for this very reason. Now I want to beat them for a different reason,

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                        -Blackadder
                        "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                        -Casablanca
                        "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                        -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                          I kind of enjoy Big Red fans for this very reason. Now I want to beat them for a different reason,
                          Good people. The older couple in front of me (probably mid to late 60s) jokingly rejected me from their Cornell circle of trust because of my accent. Maybe they really meant it. But you're right, tomorrow it's a different reason.

Comment

BREAKING: The NCAA has announced that to counter the unfair home ice advantage given to Providence College the following measures will be taken:

The Providence College hockey team will need to sleep in the lobby of their hotel in Warwick.
                            The team will have to walk to the arena.
                            Wearing their skates.
                            On gravel roads.
                            Cornell will be awarded a power play at the start of each period.
                            The referees will all be graduates and former players of Cornell University.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                              BREAKING: The NCAA has announced that to counter the unfair home ice advantage given to Providence College the following measures will be taken:

The Providence College hockey team will need to sleep in the lobby of their hotel in Warwick.
                              The team will have to walk to the arena.
                              Wearing their skates.
                              On gravel roads.
                              Cornell will be awarded a power play at the start of each period.
                              The referees will all be graduates and former players of Cornell University.
                              And Jon will be starting in goal for PC.

Comment

Originally posted by DisplacedCornellian View Post
                                And Jon will be starting in goal for PC.
                                Assuming his car starts...he might be missing an alternator.

Comment

Working...
                                X