Providence Friars '18-19 Season Thread - Big Things In Store

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Providence Friars '18-19 Season Thread - Big Things In Store

Ok, I'll try this as northeastern poster suggested ....we are now into the season (8 games) so let's have a in season thread.

Saturday night at Schneider vs UMASS ... need to hold serve against them...

Alright Friar thread! .. all the best for Saturday!
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Re: Providence Friars '18-19 Season Thread - Big Things In Store

Another holiday weekend, think we will not see a lot of students for this one...possibly no band either...

Giveaways though for tonight...not aloud to have UMASS fans win

Comment

Already down 2-0. Not ideal.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
        -Blackadder
        "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
        -Casablanca
        "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
        -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

The exact same game as Thursday.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
          -Blackadder
          -Casablanca
          "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
          -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
            The exact same game as Thursday.
            They kept replaying the third UMASS goal over and over until they convinced me Hawkey was interfered with. Sigh,

-Blackadder
            -Casablanca
            -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

[QUOTE=Jon;6722816]They kept replaying the third UMASS goal over and over until they convinced me Hawkey was interfered with. Sigh,[/QUOTE

To be expected, the UMASS goalie outperformed the friar goalie.
              The UMASS PK outperformed the friar PP.
              Game over.

Comment

0 for 7 on PP and gave up a short handed goal......they don't belong in the top 10 if this keeps up

Comment

Originally posted by satyking View Post
                  0 for 7 on PP and gave up a short handed goal......they don't belong in the top 10 if this keeps up
                  They have beaten one decent team this year in Miami who is 8-4-0. The rest of the wins have been less than stellar with AIC, UConn, BU, and Holy Cross while tying the atrocious Sacred Heart squad. They were beaten by a good Notre Dame team and a likely NCAA team in UMass both nights. There is something wrong with this team that they came out the last two nights playing stupid hockey by taking unnecessary penalties see Vimal's penalty on Thursday, Duhaime's on Saturday, etc...

Where is the leadership on this squad? Dugan looks like the only kid that I would want on my team as a forward while the junior group continues to do nothing.

As of right now, PC is only 20th in the PWR and it isn't going to improve much with Hockey East struggling out of conference as much as they have.
                  Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

I thought the change in their PP attack cost them. To work, the man picking up the drop pass has to already be flying and the timing be perfect . It wasn’t, hence 0 fer 7. Pre-game I think they were at 27% so why change?

O’Brien was missed to. What’s the word on him?

Comment

Only dropped to 9 and Mass to 4

Comment

Originally posted by satyking View Post
                        Only dropped to 9 and Mass to 4

Better start winning again starting against Merrimack, which always plays PC tough and I expect more so with their new HC being from Leaman's staff.....

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                          They have beaten one decent team this year in Miami who is 8-4-0. The rest of the wins have been less than stellar with AIC, UConn, BU, and Holy Cross while tying the atrocious Sacred Heart squad. They were beaten by a good Notre Dame team and a likely NCAA team in UMass both nights. There is something wrong with this team that they came out the last two nights playing stupid hockey by taking unnecessary penalties see Vimal's penalty on Thursday, Duhaime's on Saturday, etc...

Where is the leadership on this squad? Dugan looks like the only kid that I would want on my team as a forward while the junior group continues to do nothing.

As of right now, PC is only 20th in the PWR and it isn't going to improve much with Hockey East struggling out of conference as much as they have.
                          Not a fan of the drop back pass, this is something new, hadn't seen a Leaman team do that until this series....

Comment

Originally posted by Black_Ice View Post
                            I thought the change in their PP attack cost them. To work, the man picking up the drop pass has to already be flying and the timing be perfect . It wasn’t, hence 0 fer 7. Pre-game I think they were at 27% so why change?

O’Brien was missed to. What’s the word on him?
                            I hate this play also as it can lead to short handed goals allowed with a bad drop pass also.
                            Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Big 2 games this weekend. Thinking they need to sweep to gain some momentum. Merrimack seems to play Friars tough especially up in North Andover. Hopefully Friars stay out of the box, Hawkey doesn't make some stupid play behind net like last week, they don't fall behind early and they put the puck in the net (early).

Comment

Working...
                              X