UMass is NewMass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Split-N View Post

IIRC, BU won the 1971-72 natty when backup goalie Tim Regan beat Wisconsin and Cornell after starter Ed Walsh went down.
    Dan Brady was the starter. Sophomore Ed Walsh was the 3rd goalie in 1971-72.
    if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

• The backup goalie is actually great- he could easily have been the starter except Linberg was playing out of this world. Losing the #1 scorer on a team without any big-time scorers is really a challenge. Overcome obstacles and play your heart out Minutemen!

Comment

• Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post

Dan Brady was the starter. Sophomore Ed Walsh was the 3rd goalie in 1971-72.
        You're absolutely right. (All you BU guys look alike to me.) But the story about Regan stepping in and getting it done was compelling, especially since the FF was at the old Boston Garden that year. The other thing I remember was the thousands of Wisconsin fans who kept chanting, "We're Number Three" (they won the consolation) throughout the championship game.

BTW, I'm not counting UMass out of anything. Matt Murray has the stuff to be the second coming of Tim Regan, IMO.
        "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

• Nice article on the "backup" goaltender for UMASS.

https://www.bostonherald.com/2021/04...e-frozen-four/

Comment

• LOL. First time logging in since 2018. THIS GAME IS SO STRESSFUL!!!!!!!!
            www.karenwingerphotography.com

Comment

• Onto the Championship game- GO UMASS!!!

Comment

• Well done!
                Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

• Wow, did NOT see that overtime domination coming. Did UMass just rope-a-dope through 3 and then swig some Red Bull before the OT? Fantastic effort without their top scorer and #1 goalie. Certainly speaks to the fact that this is a MUCH deeper team than from a few years ago. Bring that trophy to the Bay State!!
                  Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

• Congrats to UMass and good luck Saturday night. Enjoy the ride.

Comment

• Bring it home! I don’t want to hear about the NCHC domination any more. UMass will be the 5th program in HEA to win the NC. Carvel is a terrific coach and I love those Italians, tough and gritty!

Go UMass!!!

Comment

• During the second intermission I kept thinking about something I’ve heard Coach Carvel say a lot: “You get what you deserve.” UMass got what they deserved tonight.
                        #NewMass

Comment

• Congrats to the Minutemen! They absolutely DOMINATED overtime and got the job done.
                          License to kill gofers...From the government of the United Nations. - Carl Spackler, Caddyshack

Comment

• Well done, Minutemen! Finish the job on Saturday.
                            Originally posted by mookie1995
                            bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                            Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                            Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

• Went to bed at the end of the 2nd thinking they didn't have too much of a chance.

Good win.
                              A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• nice
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X