UMass is NewMass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
    Where are Winger, Wardy and Alan? We need these wily veterans here!
    Meff and Alan hit it on the head. Life happens and most UMass Hockey speak we do now is over Twitter. A few of the old guard from the 2000s USCHO days keep in touch via FB and Twitter. Still miss those great times of chatting, busting chops, and hanging out with folks from Hockey East and around the country.

The Michelletto years with the hockey program and the overall disfunction of McCutcheon's Athletic Department for the first 3/4's of the 2010s really turned-off a lot of old-timers like myself at a time when life, family, and careers were really changing one's priorities. Fear The Triangle and a couple of others were really the Knights Watch during those darkest before the dawn times.

I love how Carvel and his staff have changed the culture and expectations of the hockey program while maintaining the academic excellence of players.

Comment

• The talent is going to come to UMASS, they are good and right now playing at a very high level. Props to them and to Carvel

Comment

• I did enjoy the hardo move by Carvel sprinting across the ice

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          I did enjoy the hardo move by Carvel sprinting across the ice
          I loved that!! Was he a sprinter in high school or college!!

Comment

• Nice article in the Globe about UMASS. Rather surprising since the Globe has been harsh at times regarding UMASS. Pleasant surprise.
            https://www.boston.com/sports/colleg...ur-greg-carvel

Comment

• Originally posted by kahunak View Post
              Nice article in the Globe about UMASS. Rather surprising since the Globe has been harsh at times regarding UMASS. Pleasant surprise.
              https://www.boston.com/sports/colleg...ur-greg-carvel
              Great story! Thanks for sharing. Truly amazing that Carvel and his staff have made the Frozen Four twice in his first 5 years!

Comment

• Congrats on another Frozen Four appearance. Very impressive run by your program.

And welcome to the Minnesota State College Hockey Tournament. Probably should have moved this to the X in St. Paul.

Seriously though, I know you’ll be a tough out and have a legitimate shot at winning it all. This should be a lot of fun.

Comment

• Rough news for UMass, as four players are out of the Frozen Four.
                  Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                  2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                  2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                  2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                  2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

• As a fan of a UMass HEA opponent, I'm devastated at this news and hope any UMass player or staff member who might actually contract the illness recovers quickly and with zero health consequences.
                    "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

• Didn't UMass leave for Pittsburgh yesterday? Did those four travel or did they leave them home and announce today?

Comment

• UMass did leave for Pittsburgh yesterday. From
                        what I’m told, these four did not make that trip as this was already know.
                        #NewMass

Comment

• If it makes you feel any better, BU's two best games of the season were played without their #1 goalie, Hobey Finalists d-man, and team captain/first line forward. Time to rally the troops!
                          It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                            If it makes you feel any better, BU's two best games of the season were played without their #1 goalie, Hobey Finalists d-man, and team captain/first line forward. Time to rally the troops!
                            IIRC, BU won the 1971-72 natty when backup goalie Tim Regan beat Wisconsin and Cornell after starter Ed Walsh went down.
                            "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

• If any team can overcome missing a few players it UMass.

Comment

• Well that is certainly rotten news. UMass is a gritty team though, so hopefully this is just more adversity that they can overcome. Carry that Hockey East banner proudly.
                                The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                                BC - 12
                                BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X