Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: U MN vs. UND: The Rumble in the Desert

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
    From the looks of it, basically all of Minnesota's fans were there.
    Your **** lucky I didn't sneak over while you were all gone and cut down your one tree. I am nice like that. Since I didn't have to set up a gofund me for North Dakota rope this last week, I will probably set up a gift registry for paint thinner in Wisconsin at all the Menard's in Madison. The last couple years they have been coming over the border, and buying up all ours.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
    Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
      Your **** lucky I didn't sneak over while you were all gone and cut down your one tree. I am nice like that. Since I didn't have to set up a gofund me for North Dakota rope this last week, I will probably set up a gift registry for paint thinner in Wisconsin at all the Menard's in Madison. The last couple years they have been coming over the border, and buying up all ours.
      The only thing that would have made the night better is if they would have scheduled a watch party at Mariucci (The Ralph East) Arena and we filled it with UND fans, probably would have been your biggest crowd all season.

Comment

Once again the Big 10 is clearly over ranked at the start of the season, Gophers spanked in the dessert by Nations best program. Duluth destroys Notre Dame in their barn for the sweep, Ohio St loses and ties Bowling Green at Home, Wisconsin splits with Tech at home. When will the hockey world quit giving these clowns so much hype, year in and year out they fade away. The Golden Chokers were by far the worst team we played all season, Manitoba might have beat them Saturday night.

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxTradition View Post
          The only thing that would have made the night better is if they would have scheduled a watch party at Mariucci (The Ralph East) Arena and we filled it with UND fans, probably would have been your biggest crowd all season.
          If you're not an imposter, please change your username to something that does not reflect on the rest of us UND fans.

The B1G is very good this year, and that trend is likely to continue. We should embrace it.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
            If you're not an imposter, please change your username to something that does not reflect on the rest of us UND fans.

The B1G is very good this year, and that trend is likely to continue. We should embrace it.
            It's cute how you think a Fawks fan would do something sensible.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post

He must not read the crazy crazy rumors of UND joining the Big Ten for hockey. Doesn't he know if your rivals are not any good, who cares if you beat them. Both Gopher men's and women's hockey this year have beat big rivals when they were ranked Number One. It doesn't get much better than that for the regular season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Happy View Post
                He must not read the crazy crazy rumors of UND joining the Big Ten for hockey. Doesn't he know if your rivals are not any good, who cares if you beat them. Both Gopher men's and women's hockey this year have beat big rivals when they were ranked Number One. It doesn't get much better than that for the regular season.
                Didn’t the women just get swept by Bucky? North Dakota girl on their team that’s pretty good. Freshman from Bismarck, Britta Curl.
                Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post

Just burd proving he's the worst UND fan out there

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                    Didn’t the women just get swept by Bucky? North Dakota girl on their team that’s pretty good. Freshman from Bismarck, Britta Curl.
                    That was a tough 20 seconds

https://www.uscho.com/recaps/2018/10...nsin-20181027/

Comment

Originally posted by Sioux-perDrunk View Post
                      Just burd proving he's the worst UND fan out there
                      it's from the paint thinner fumes

Comment

• Originally posted by Happy View Post
                        I was mistaken. Thanks for clarifying
                        Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                          I was mistaken. Thanks for clarifying
                          No problem. USCHO had the wrong score up for a day or 2 anyway.

Comment

Late to this party after just returning from Vegas yesterday, didn't spend any time reading forums while I was there so I'm doing my best to catch up today.

I'll try to share a couple thoughts, the good, the bad, and otherwise.

First and foremost, I know I generally paint with a broad brush when it comes to certain fanbases, especially UND fans. I was worried going into this game and being surrounded by green if we'd take a lot of **** or even some hostility. Everyone we sat by was indifferent or honestly flat out nice. I really enjoyed the game (other than the Gophers' 'effort) and the people we sat by. Good natured ribbing and chatter. There was an older Gopher fan sitting a few rows down from us and he seemed like he was having a good time in Vegas. He stood up when the arena played YMCA and we were just dying laughing because he either didn't know how to do it or was too drunk to do the right hand motions haha. There was one guy being a j-wagon as we were leaving after the ENG, other than that we had fun interacting with the fans we saw and sat by.

The arena , as mentioned, was a **** show. Outside of the ice and glass issues, it just didn't seem like the arena was equipped for a full house like that. We walked in with about 10-15 minutes before puck drop in the hopes of grabbing a beer before the game started. Every line was about 12-15 people deep and not moving. We watched until the first TV break and made a quick run for it to try to miss as little of the game as possible. At the ten minute mark my brother told me to go back and watch the game and he would wait it out. He returned with less than a minute left in the 1st period. The only good part is that some UND fans bought the beers for him! That's a pretty ridiculous wait time and the lines were not that long. This ship has sailed and I know everyone wanted T-Mobile, it is what it is and based on this venue I'm guessing it was a good deal for UND. I'd love to see this kind of destination game against UND in a legit arena again some time down the road. I can't reiterate how much fun it was, atmosphere, good fans, everything besides the arena/service.

For the game, yeah, Gophers looked outclassed to me after the 1st. Outside of Robson who could you point to that played well? When the only goal you can score is on a 5 on 3, you're probably in trouble. UND just looked much faster than Minnesota. UND seemed to win all the races to pucks and just had more overall effort.

Officiating was meh, IMO. Both of the major penalties were meh, IMO. Both teams took one so it evened out, I suppose. Just stupid for Rossini to take his that late in the game. I know major penalties are never smart, but you have to be smarter in that situation when you know your team is moments away from pulling the goalie to try and make a push to tie it up. The only call that bugged me was the hooking they called on Gates that led to the eventual game winner on the PP for UND. It looked unbelievably soft live and it directly affected the outcome of the game. The way the Gophers were playing the 3rd it likely wouldn't have made a difference but you never know.

Not the outcome we wanted but it was a fun weekend with good people.
                            Last edited by gopher wes; 10-31-2018, 11:04 AM.
                            "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
                              it's from the paint thinner fumes
                              Some day, Happy, you will know the pleasure of walking into Menards and having the staff say to you: "Good afternoon, Mr. burd, will you be sampling some of our 6-month aged product in the Platinum Club Lounge today?"

Instead of, "If you're looking for particle board--and you seem to be the type--it's that way."

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
                                Late to this party after just returning from Vegas yesterday, didn't spend any time reading forums while I was there so I'm doing my best to catch up today.

I'll try to share a couple thoughts, the good, the bad, and otherwise.

First and foremost, I know I generally paint with a broad brush when it comes to certain fanbases, especially UND fans. I was worried going into this game and being surrounded by green if we'd take a lot of **** or even some hostility. Everyone we sat by was indifferent or honestly flat out nice. I really enjoyed the game (other than the Gophers' 'effort) and the people we sat by. Good natured ribbing and chatter. There was an older Gopher fan sitting a few rows down from us and he seemed like he was having a good time in Vegas. He stood up when the arena played YMCA and we were just dying laughing because he either didn't know how to do it or was too drunk to do the right hand motions haha. There was one guy being a j-wagon as we were leaving after the ENG, other than that we had fun interacting with the fans we saw and sat by.

The arena , as mentioned, was a **** show. Outside of the ice and glass issues, it just didn't seem like the arena was equipped for a full house like that. We walked in with about 10-15 minutes before puck drop in the hopes of grabbing a beer before the game started. Every line was about 12-15 people deep and not moving. We watched until the first TV break and made a quick run for it to try to miss as little of the game as possible. At the ten minute mark my brother told me to go back and watch the game and he would wait it out. He returned with less than a minute left in the 1st period. The only good part is that some UND fans bought the beers for him! That's a pretty ridiculous wait time and the lines were not that long. This ship has sailed and I know everyone wanted T-Mobile, it is what it is and based on this venue I'm guessing it was a good deal for UND. I'd love to see this kind of destination game against UND in a legit arena again some time down the road. I can't reiterate how much fun it was, atmosphere, good fans, everything besides the arena/service.

For the game, yeah, Gophers looked outclassed to me after the 1st. Outside of Robson who could you point to that played well? When the only goal you can score is on a 5 on 3, you're probably in trouble. UND just looked much faster than Minnesota. UND seemed to win all the races to pucks and just had more overall effort.

Officiating was meh, IMO. Both of the major penalties were meh, IMO. Both teams took one so it evened out, I suppose. Just stupid for Rossini to take his that late in the game. I know major penalties are never smart, but you have to be smarter in that situation when you know your team is moments away from pulling the goalie to try and make a push to tie it up. The only call that bugged me was the hooking they called on Gates that led to the eventual game winner on the PP for UND. It looked unbelievably soft live and it directly affected the outcome of the game. The way the Gophers were playing the 3rd it likely wouldn't have made a difference but you never know.

Not the outcome we wanted but it was a fun weekend with good people.
                                Glad to hear you had a good experience, wes. Obnoxious fans can spoil a good time.

Comment

Working...
                                X