Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: U MN vs. UND: The Rumble in the Desert

Originally posted by Happy View Post
    I could see how that would terrorize UND, after all, a Gopher home game is usually a f'hawk ***-whooping.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enB8zKcrPO8
    I think icehawk was referring to this instead when he mentioned brilliant. Whioux fans are a bit slow on the take so all is forgiven.

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxFanatic View Post
      UND should win decisively unless they play down to the level of the competition.
      Have you seen this year’s version of each team? The only way UND has a snowball’s chance in hell is if they overachieve and the Gophers underachieve. Unless both of those things happen I promise you the Gophers will win.
      National championships won by Big Ten schools : 23 (Michigan 9, Wisconsin 6, Minnesota 5, Michigan State 3, Ohio State 0, Penn State 0, Notre Dame 0)
      National championships won by NCHC schools : 21 (North Dakota 8, Denver 8, MN-Duluth 3, Colorado College 2, St. Cloud State 0, Miami 0, NE-Omaha 0, Western Michigan 0)

23 > 21

Comment

Originally posted by Speed Kills View Post
        Have you seen this year’s version of each team? The only way UND has a snowball’s chance in hell is if they overachieve and the Gophers underachieve. Unless both of those things happen I promise you the Gophers will win.
        Cool story! If you hadn’t realized, I simply copy/pasted the same words of a post you made with a minimal edit.

It’s funny how often you make statements like this and it backfires. I guess you wouldn’t know cause you like to disappear when results don’t go your way.

Comment

Cool story! If you hadn’t realized, I simply copy/pasted the same words of a post you made with a minimal edit.

It’s funny how often you make statements like this and it backfires. I guess you wouldn’t know cause you like to disappear when results don’t go your way.
          Of course I realized, but what I said made sense because this year's Notre Dame team is vastly superior to this year's Duluth team. What you said is nonsensical because this year's Gopher team is vastly superior to this year's North Dakota team. I'd like to say nice try but it wasn't even that, it was a massive swing and a miss. You really should be embarrassed.
          National championships won by Big Ten schools : 23 (Michigan 9, Wisconsin 6, Minnesota 5, Michigan State 3, Ohio State 0, Penn State 0, Notre Dame 0)
          National championships won by NCHC schools : 21 (North Dakota 8, Denver 8, MN-Duluth 3, Colorado College 2, St. Cloud State 0, Miami 0, NE-Omaha 0, Western Michigan 0)

23 > 21

Comment

Of course I realized, but what I said made sense because this year's Notre Dame team is vastly superior to this year's Duluth team. What you said is nonsensical because this year's Gopher team is vastly superior to this year's North Dakota team. I'd like to say nice try but it wasn't even that, it was a massive swing and a miss. You really should be embarrassed.
            Ok got it, you don’t understand sarcasm emotes. If anything, I have pity for you. The way you obsess about the NCHC and it’s teams is unhealthy. You shouldn’t have to disappear to avoid taking ownership for being an ***.

Comment

Ok got it, you don’t understand sarcasm emotes. If anything, I have pity for you. The way you obsess about the NCHC and it’s teams is unhealthy. You shouldn’t have to disappear to avoid taking ownership for being an ***.
              Can't we all get along? After we beat you, of course. Although, the chances of a brouhaha in the handshake line goes up about 700% when UND lose. Are you guys bringing Rhett along, he should be good for at least one 5 minute penalty.
              XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
              Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

If that was supposed to be sarcasm it was a pitiful attempt. As for your misconception that I "obsess" about the NCHC, my true intent obviously sailed way over your head. The fact of the matter is that I am simply retaliating against the numerous NCHC fans who obsess over the Big Ten ad nauseam. If you don't comprehend how that works, then I am sorry but I can't help you.

23 > 21

Comment

Can't we all get along? After we beat you, of course. Although, the chances of a brouhaha in the handshake line goes up about 700% when UND lose. Are you guys bringing Rhett along, he should be good for at least one 5 minute penalty.
                  Yep, I swear their attitude is "If we can't beat them, let's beat them up".

23 > 21

Comment

I think this game will be close. Guessing (minus any ENGs) it will will be a 4-3, 5-4 type of game. Being the homer I am, of course I'll say MN.

Despite what some say, these teams still hate each other. The rivalry is not dead yet.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Ya the people that act like the games aren't the most intense on the schedule still are just in denial.

Comment

Yep, I swear their attitude is "If we can't beat them, let's beat them up".
                        I can't for the life of me figure out what's wrong with a little fisticuffs in the handshake line. All throughout nature young creatures tussle with their siblings as a means to prepare them to survive in a hostile world. I would think young gophers and other vermin would value this, as most of them will be snatched away by Hawks before they reach old rat-age.

btw: As I recall, by tradition on these series threads we're supposed to start talking hockey sometime on Thursday. When is that supposed to start? This does not apply to Happy, of course, who has a lifetime tree and 25-year-old Canadians pass.
                        Last edited by burd; 10-25-2018, 06:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                          Ya the people that act like the games aren't the most intense on the schedule still are just in denial.
                          Hard for me to get too fired up for a game I can't watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
                            Hard for me to get too fired up for a game I can't watch.
                            You're not alone: most gopher fans will find this one hard to watch.

Comment

Ah we played ranked opponents and you played Culinary institutes so lets not quite compare how the season is going.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                                No, I think UND just felt that if they scheduled the game for a larger arena and it was only 60% filled it would feel too much like a home game for the gophers.
                                Winner!
                                You hardly know a day goes by in a cardboard cutout sundown...

Comment

Working...
                                X