U MN vs. UND: The Rumble in the Desert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: U MN vs. UND: The Rumble in the Desert

How do the Sioux look this year? The little that I've seen of the Gophers looks faster and stronger on the puck than I've seen in a while with quick, accurate passing and good pressure in the offensive zone. I'm trying not to drink too much Motzko koolaid yet, but so far I kind of like it. ( I know the players were recruited by Lucia, but...)
    You hardly know a day goes by in a cardboard cutout sundown...

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
      I can't for the life of me figure out what's wrong with a little fisticuffs in the handshake line. All throughout nature young creatures tussle with their siblings as a means to prepare them to survive in a hostile world. I would think young gophers and other vermin would value this, as most of them will be snatched away by Hawks before they reach old rat-age.
      You know, that's a fair point regarding the players. Can the fans please take it easy on me in Vegas though?
      "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
        I think icehawk was referring to this instead when he mentioned brilliant. Whioux fans are a bit slow on the take so all is forgiven.
        Negative son
        Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
          Hard for me to get too fired up for a game I can't watch.
          I'm planning on streaming it. Tough thing is its Saturday night before Halloween.
          Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by captain beefheart View Post
            How do the Sioux look this year? The little that I've seen of the Gophers looks faster and stronger on the puck than I've seen in a while with quick, accurate passing and good pressure in the offensive zone. I'm trying not to drink too much Motzko koolaid yet, but so far I kind of like it. ( I know the players were recruited by Lucia, but...)
            Well, unfortunately the Sioux are not a thing anymore. Haven’t been for quite a few years now. The current North Dakota team doesn’t look very good though. I do not expect to see them in the NCAA Tournament next spring.
            National championships won by Big Ten schools : 23 (Michigan 9, Wisconsin 6, Minnesota 5, Michigan State 3, Ohio State 0, Penn State 0, Notre Dame 0)
            National championships won by NCHC schools : 21 (North Dakota 8, Denver 8, MN-Duluth 3, Colorado College 2, St. Cloud State 0, Miami 0, NE-Omaha 0, Western Michigan 0)

23 > 21

Comment

Originally posted by Speed Kills View Post
              Well, unfortunately the Sioux are not a thing anymore. Haven’t been for quite a few years now. The current North Dakota team doesn’t look very good though. I do not expect to see them in the NCAA Tournament next spring.
              Do you think there's any long term implications from the end of the old WCHA or is it just cyclical?
              Go Gophers!

Comment

I can't for the life of me figure out what's wrong with a little fisticuffs in the handshake line. All throughout nature young creatures tussle with their siblings as a means to prepare them to survive in a hostile world. I would think young gophers and other vermin would value this, as most of them will be snatched away by Hawks before they reach old rat-age.

btw: As I recall, by tradition on these series threads we're supposed to start talking hockey sometime on Thursday. When is that supposed to start? This does not apply to Happy, of course, who has a lifetime tree and 25-year-old Canadians pass.
                Hey, I actually mentioned a current UND player in my previous post.
                XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxTradition View Post
                  Ah we played ranked opponents and you played Culinary institutes so lets not quite compare how the season is going.
                  We beat the Number One ranked team in the nation, and you already got beat by a big brown rodent. and a purple cow.

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                    Do you think there's any long term implications from the end of the old WCHA or is it just cyclical?
                    Just cyclical.
                    National championships won by Big Ten schools : 23 (Michigan 9, Wisconsin 6, Minnesota 5, Michigan State 3, Ohio State 0, Penn State 0, Notre Dame 0)
                    National championships won by NCHC schools : 21 (North Dakota 8, Denver 8, MN-Duluth 3, Colorado College 2, St. Cloud State 0, Miami 0, NE-Omaha 0, Western Michigan 0)

23 > 21

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
                      We beat the Number One ranked team in the nation, and you already got beat by a big brown rodent. and a purple cow.
                      We needed overtime to squeak by a canadian university and won only one of our four games against teams from the State of Hockey Underperformers. Any team from the woeful history of B1G hockey could beat us. Our sole purpose this year is to provide other teams with program rejuvenating wins.
                      Last edited by burd; 10-25-2018, 02:09 PM.

Comment

We needed overtime to squeak by a canadian university and won only one of our four games against teams from the State of Hockey Underperformers. Any team from the woeful history of B1G hockey could beat us. Our sole purpose this year is to provide other teams with program rejuvenating wins.
                        So, you would say the glass is half empty?

You got rid of a pretty good name, and ditched the chicks team, there must be a couple of overage Canadians that want to still play in Grand Forks.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
                          So, you would say the glass is half empty?
                          A bit of a Scooby viewpoint, yes. In fact, I would say the glass has nothing in it but a few spots from the dishwasher.
                          Last edited by burd; 10-25-2018, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Keep in mind, Happy, that as bad as we are, it should still be a close game.

Comment

Could a Scooby Gopher team beat this year's UND?
                              Go Gophers!

Comment

Keep in mind, Happy, that as bad as we are, it should still be a close game.
                                You mean like UM vs Nebraska in football, close game? There is one thing I never do, and that is truly expect a guaranteed win against a rival. Especially a game where all it takes is a hot goalie, or a bad ref, and any team can lose.

Comment

Working...
                                X