• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FlagDUDE08
    replied
    Re: RPI & Union, Home & Home, 10/26/18 & 10/27/18

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
    OOC, when was the last time RPI swept Union ?
    That was 2015-16.

Leave a comment:

• sshablak
    replied

OOC, when was the last time RPI swept Union ?

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Leave a comment:

• FlagDUDE08
    replied

Originally posted by TBone View Post
    You sure use a lot of reverse psychology. You're a joke and we all know it. Most of the stuff you write is pure garbage. You are the single reason many RPI fans don't post anymore. Just letting you know you aren't fooling anybody.
    And yet, you're still posting. Maybe a dumb tag or 6 will come next?

I could care less if people do or don't want to post with me here. If I have an opinion, I'm going to share it. It might be controversial. People can make fun of it if they want, that's the beauty of the two way street known as free speech. If you don't want to read it, don't read it. If you want to spend an entire page whining about how someone dared quote me because of some memory hole desire, do it if it floats your boat, although that would seem much more destructive than the perceived damage caused by the original opinion itself. If you want to run somewhere else, you can if you want, although I'm sure you'll eventually run out of places to run. But the one thing you will not be successful with is to bully me, or any other person, into silence.

Leave a comment:

• TBone
    replied

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Did they end up overlooking us on Friday? Did they play their backup? Did we pull the win out from that? That's what I thought. Take the thumb out of your rear and learn the joys of reverse psychology.
    You sure use a lot of reverse psychology. You're a joke and we all know it. Most of the stuff you write is pure garbage. You are the single reason many RPI fans don't post anymore. Just letting you know you aren't fooling anybody.

Leave a comment:

• FlagDUDE08
    replied

Originally posted by TBone View Post
    What a huge disservice to the program from a supposed 'fan'. Glad the boys made you eat it. You're fired.
    Did they end up overlooking us on Friday? Did they play their backup? Did we pull the win out from that? That's what I thought. Take the thumb out of your rear and learn the joys of reverse psychology.

Leave a comment:

• TBone
    replied

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Congratulations to #26 on four league points.
    What a huge disservice to the program from a supposed 'fan'. Glad the boys made you eat it. You're fired.

Leave a comment:

• FlagDUDE08
    replied

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
    RPI has some size with 6 starters at 6'2" or higher. RPI TV look to be playing tonights game and ESPN + tomorrow night? Is this right? How does RPI TV work with ESPN + Where, when and how will they be working together?
    RPI-TV remains on YouTube, same place as last year. They will not give up to a pay service without compensation.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
    RPI has some size with 6 starters at 6'2" or higher. RPI TV look to be playing tonights game and ESPN + tomorrow night? Is this right? How does RPI TV work with ESPN + Where, when and how will they be working together?
    RPI opted out of ESPN+

Leave a comment:

• Dutchman
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Dutchman
    replied

Leave a comment:

• FlagDUDE08
    replied

Originally posted by unionbob View Post
    I also believe it also opens up a weekend for other games. Otherwise trying to find one game on the odd days would be impossible.
    Not impossible, so much as undesirable.

Let's also consider this: The ECAC is the one who schedules all the non-travel partner games. This year, they have 14 weeks to schedule 10 series. Let's couple into that effectively 6 weeks for non-conference games, a total of 20 weekends (not counting the exhibition week, but sometimes you fit in a game there, as you have proved). One of those 6 is only being used by the WCHA for the most part, the weekend before the Christmas break, so it's effectively 19. You guys require the 3rd weekend of November off for your finals, so we're down to 18. If we were to split up the series entirely, there really isn't any room at all, especially if you want a rest week in there.

Odd days isn't impossible, as we did it in 2009-10 (possibly something a little closer to what Rainman's looking for, albeit one of the four matches was out of chance), but it does prove difficult. RPI could easily make it possible because we still have some relationships from days of yore with the Hockey East teams and could fit in a single game (albeit it was easier when they had 7 NC games, but seeing how that's what the Ivies have there's still an avenue), not to mention UCONN helps with their needs for odd scheduling thanks to sharing an arena with the pros, which is exactly what we're doing prior to the Mayor's Cup. I don't know what sort of relationships there are on Union's side, as they really only have one single game vs. USMA. However, based on the single team, two game series setup that most teams seem to be heading towards, even in HEA, I think we're stuck with home/home for the long haul. At least the trophy game is there to spread it out.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Leave a comment:

• unionbob
    replied

Originally posted by Rainman View Post
    I'm curious as to why RPI and Union play both their league games against each other in late October every year. For 2 schools that are 10 miles apart, I'd rather split up the 2 league games so one of them is early on, and the other in say, February. It would certainly excite both fan bases.

I also believe it also opens up a weekend for other games. Otherwise trying to find one game on the odd days would be impossible.

Leave a comment:

• FlagDUDE08
    replied

Originally posted by Rainman View Post
    I'm curious as to why RPI and Union play both their league games against each other in late October every year. For 2 schools that are 10 miles apart, I'd rather split up the 2 league games so one of them is early on, and the other in say, February. It would certainly excite both fan bases.
    Part of it actually fits into your desire, in that the teams play a 3rd game in mid-January. That's the Mayor's Cup, and is a trophy game, so counts for tournament rules (i.e. shootout after OT). Let's couple with that that Union must have the 3rd weekend in November off for final exams so the partnership already has two weekends blocked off, not to mention concerns about when the respective student sections are in town, so for the past gosh knows how long, it's worked out that way, and probably will until at least 2022, since the ECAC devises the non-travel-partner league schedule well in advance.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X