Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2018-19: Who Cares What They Name It, We Want It

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
    After starting the scuffle at the end of the game, BG senior Stephen Baylis reportedly has a broken wrist and will be out for the rest of the season.
    That's really sad. And pointless.
    Originally posted by mtu_huskies
    "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
    Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
    Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
      My number 1 complaint with our system is that we allow the other team to get into our zone and stay there because we are not focused on taking the puck away but on some other task, so it becomes a penalty kill. IMHO you can’t let the other team have so much time in your end. It wears out the players and they are bound to score eventually as has been shown all season. I don’t think by getting bigger defensemen that will change.
      Now yes sometimes we do outshoot people but most of those are outside shots. Second we make it relatively easy for them to come out of their end , though not all the time certainly. Bottom line I’d like for us to possess the puck more .
      Third there are tons of teams that play defensive hockey BG being one, Quinnipiac one, Clarkson etc. but I think I emulating them is a mistake and I think when it gets to being a contest of who bangs the hardest and the most often it’s not fun to watch.
      Now yes last night. I didn’t think the shove on Johnson at the face-off was all that big a deal. . but the ref did. I believe it was payback for something Johnson had done a shift or two before hand to someone else.
      I agree we spend too much time in our own zone and that is never a good thing.

As to the penalties good or bad at that point in the game the PK needs to step up. Both those goal went high to low and then right across the front of the net for easy ones. Gotta believe the system is not designed to give that up.. someone not taking away the passing lane or slow on a rotation.. game on the line guys have to step up and make the play. They did. We didn't...

Hoping the guys can put together 3 good periods tonight... GO HUSKIES!

Comment

I'm listening not watching, but this sounds like another ref played game. At any rate, our season is done.
        Boosh Factor 4

Comment

30 goals in 18 games this calendar year. Not much help coming in next year. It's gonna be rough...

Comment

scoring its been our problem for years, no, for decades.
            Boosh Factor 4

Comment

The dark days of MTU hockey return. See you in another 30 years

Comment

Originally posted by rustedblades View Post
                I really hope not, I think next season will be very telling.
                2005-2006: 7-25-6
                2006-2007: 18-17-5
                2007-2008: 14-20-5
                2008-2009: 6-25-7
                2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

I disagree. Yes the last half of the schedule didn't go well, but this year's sophomores and freshmen are talented and the incoming freshmen should be solid too. I see improvement next year and a very strong 2020-21 season.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

We finished with more wins than Michigan... just sayin'

Is it October yet? Already looking forward to some fall colors and Husky Hockey!

Comment

• Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
                      I disagree. Yes the last half of the schedule didn't go well, but this year's sophomores and freshmen are talented and the incoming freshmen should be solid too. I see improvement next year and a very strong 2020-21 season.

Based on how the upperclassmen fizzled I can't be as optimistic.

Comment

Safe travels home to anyone who made the trip to BG.
                        Co-Founder/Editor of BGSUHockey.com

Comment

I don't think its that bad. And the university has made clear their commitment to the hockey program. Let's hope we get back on track next year. Enjoy the summer everyone (if there is one)!
                          Boosh Factor 4

Comment

Originally posted by Hohuskies12345
                            Remember this comment. The longer Joe Shawhan is the coach of this program the worse it’s going to get. Irreparable damage is being done and I hope someone puts a stop to it before it’s too late.
                            Remember this comment. Joe Shawhan will be around a lot longer than Hohuskies12345

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
                              Remember this comment. Joe Shawhan will be around a lot longer than Hohuskies12345

And within 15 minutes Hohuskies12345 is gone.

Comment

Hohuskies8675309 = JohnScottRocks. Guaranteed.

Comment

Working...
                                X