Michigan Tech 2018-19: Who Cares What They Name It, We Want It

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2018-19: Who Cares What They Name It, We Want It

I like the idea of having the rink option to reward the fans, but not all fans are local and they can't all go to the games. You can't please 100% of the people, but hopefully they can get as close as possible.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
      I like the idea of having the rink option to reward the fans, but not all fans are local and they can't all go to the games. You can't please 100% of the people, but hopefully they can get as close as possible.

As much as you can't please everyone, this is really about MONEY. If online bidding can increase this then do it. Want to reserve a few jerseys for in-house ok.

Comment

Go Huskies!

Comment

Originally posted by The Troll mtu86 View Post
          Go Huskies!
          Business Trip to Big Rapids.....Go Huskies!!!!!!

Comment

Joe mentioned in his postgame that Meek went down with an injury. Hopefully it's not serious.

That said, the defense and PK have to be better. Unfortunately, that's been a familiar song for a few years now.

Comment

Meek is scratched from tonight's lineup. It might be serious...

Comment

Great comeback! Nice pressure and control after taking lead. Good composure ignoring typical FSU cheap shots. Nice job by Robbie in relief.

Comment

agreed. we won more faceoffs at the end there which really helped. NMU's loss could be directly attributable to losing faceoffs.
                  The coaches ought to take a look at the Merrimack pp goal vs Bemidji. Very interesting set up by them to get the defense off balance.
                  MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

I thought the team really played well and that comeback is a sign of good things to come hopefully!

I like this team!

Comment

Lucchini named WCHA offensive player of the week. Donohue named defensive player of the week. Lucchini was on fire. Just plain took over the game in the 3rd, along the boards, and in the corners. Showed some real grit.. If he can show that kind of leadership the rest of the way this team will be pretty darn good.

And I have a complement to pass along to those Tech fans that were at Saturday night's game. As I was leaving the arena I was stopped by a WCHA official who complemented the turn out of Tech fans, and the energy we bring and how much the team feeds off of it.... Pat on the back all around to those who packed Ferris's building with the Black & Gold (& Cream)..

Comment

Lucchini named WCHA offensive player of the week. Donohue named defensive player of the week. Lucchini was on fire. Just plain took over the game in the 3rd, along the boards, and in the corners. Showed some real grit.. If he can show that kind of leadership the rest of the way this team will be pretty darn good.

And I have a complement to pass along to those Tech fans that were at Saturday night's game. As I was leaving the arena I was stopped by a WCHA official who complemented the turn out of Tech fans, and the energy we bring and how much the team feeds off of it.... Pat on the back all around to those who packed Ferris's building with the Black & Gold (& Cream)..
                        Honestly I was shocked at the turnout. I'm used to a few fans, but to that extent. no way.
                        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                          Honestly I was shocked at the turnout. I'm used to a few fans, but to that extent. no way.
                          yep, a great turn out. Gave that dumpy little kids rink some real D1 energy. lol

Comment

It was nice to see. I was kind of on an island with no Tech fans around me except for the two of us.

I liked how they played hard and stayed within their game in all situations: with a lead, trailing by two, closing out both games strong. If they can play 3rd periods like they did on Saturday, they will win often.

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
                              It was nice to see. I was kind of on an island with no Tech fans around me except for the two of us.

I liked how they played hard and stayed within their game in all situations: with a lead, trailing by two, closing out both games strong. If they can play 3rd periods like they did on Saturday, they will win often.

I was in Section B. Had the guys that were standing the whole game just to the right of me. Looking over the crowd there were very few places that there wasn't at least a few Huskie's jerseys to be seen. I agree they played well. Didn't get down and in the third finally showed some killer instinct and broke Ferris's will. We'll see if they can do it again at Clarkson.

I'll stay positive and not mention the PK

Comment

Getting ready to head out on Thursday for the Clarkson trip. I'm excited to see another new college hockey town/facility. Tech really needs to come away with two wins this weekend. Being 7-3 after the first 10 games would be a big success for the Huskies in my opinion. Duluth looks to be for real, so to have two of our loses to them on the first weekend of the season with all the new players on this roster... I'll give Tech a pass on those games.

Clarkson sits at 0.500 with a 4-4 record. They beat WI at home 4-2 and also have wins over Holy Cross, Canisius and a single conference win vs RPI. However much like the Huskies they don't really have any quality wins on their resume yet this season. It would be nice for Tech to at least have a 0.500 non-conference record heading into GLI.

Well in the mean time, enjoy the first place WCHA Michigan Tech Huskies, and not because we have games in hand or some other technicality. Four games, four wins, 12 pts? (I still dislike three point games).

Ryan
                                Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                                https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                                Originally posted by geezer
                                Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                                Originally posted by manurespreader
                                ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Working...
                                X