Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2018-19: Who Cares What They Name It, We Want It

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
    That's why Esposito left Tech, he felt MacInnes wasn't giving him enough playing time.
    Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
    Tony Esposito played three seasons from 1964-67. The NCAA didn't allow freshmen to play hockey until after he was gone, so he left because he used up all his eligibility.
    I'm glad coach still hangs around this message board so he can address these issues first hand.

Ryan
    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
    Originally posted by geezer
    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
    Originally posted by manurespreader
    ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
      I do know that what is said in public forums, at times doesn’t match what is down below. I know that sometimes what a coach says publicly is done for a reason. And there have been cases where I have winced at what a coach has had to say about his team. Of the coaches I’ve worked with, if they’re saying it in public, it’s already been said much more definitively in the room. It’s very rare that a coach would say anything in the media that is a surprise in the room.
      Did you listen to the JSH and how it was used, in context? He started off the show by giving himself an F grade and the team a D. Those are very stinging grades, arguably, more stinging than some anecdote about a conversation that sums up the reason the coach and team were graded like they were.

I watched a good amount of playoff hockey this weekend. The winning teams played a team oriented, hard ice, strong puck possession, low turnover game, and won 50/50 battles. (Hmmm... Where have I heard that winning before?) Anytime a player got cute, the puck was turned over or the goalie was sitting there set up for the shot. Most goals had a screened goalie or off a rebound. I only saw one blue line blast beat an unscreened goalie.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
        ?

Tony Esposito played three seasons from 1964-67. The NCAA didn't allow freshmen to play hockey until after he was gone, so he left because he used up all his eligibility.
        Not to mention that although Esposito was a very good college goalie, he wasn't the Best on the team.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
          Ok, so moving on to the off season thread, can we just name it:
          Michigan Tech Huskies Off-Season 2019: Holding on to Hope Because We Can't Hold a Lead...
          Another thought:

Michigan Tech Huskies Off-Season 2019: The Quest to Get Hard

Comment

Originally posted by rustedblades View Post
            Another thought:

Michigan Tech Huskies Off-Season 2019: The Quest to Get Hard
            Hahahaha!!!! I love it!

Comment

Working...
            X