• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Troll mtu86
    replied
    Re: Michigan Tech 2018-19: Who Cares What They Name It, We Want It

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
    Ok, so moving on to the off season thread, can we just name it:
    Michigan Tech Huskies Off-Season 2019: Holding on to Hope Because We Can't Hold a Lead...
    If there was a 'Like' button I'd like this..

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
    I reallt debated answering this, but finally I figured it could be a learning moment.
    You really approached this wrongly and you've made a number of mistakes here. 1. being a walk on always works against a player, not for him. Get that out of your head. There are a number of reasons but suffice it to say that it's far, far, morel ikely, given equal skill, that a scholarship athlete will play.
    2. The decision on who to play is made generally by more than one person, not just the HC. If an assistant went in and said, player A is doing geat and needs to play, he would be in the line up.
    3. and most importantly, by putting this out there in public like this you embarrass the staff. They do not enjoy the visibility believe me. The way to get an answer on something like this is NOT to put in the media. It's to go find some low level guy, like maybe the assisstant to the assistant equipment manager or something. You talk to him about it. It will get elevated and you will get your answer as to why this is the way it is. And I can also say, i'm 100% certain that your buddy there, if he has gone in and asked, knows what the coaches think about things and is familiar with what needs to be done.
    4. Take this for the advice it is meant to be. Do not do this in your next organization or in life anywhere. You are smart enough to figure out how the political game works in your organization. You will get nowhere embarassing the boss.

Most of us on here, who follow the team already know the answer to your querry though. It's been talked about.
    Agree with ya MS.. and I was only able to catch a few minutes of the JSH today. But the part I caught was were Coach said there was a good chance Todd would be wearing a letter next season.

Leave a comment:

• manurespreader
    replied

Originally posted by Checkmate View Post
    Mitch Meek could help this team. He is healthy, but he is buried. Playing Kiilunen over Mitch is a joke IMO. He is arguably top four. Only one reason I can think of, TK is a walk on so if MM leaves there is another scholarship. There is a big group coming in again next year, gotta make room somehow. The players all know who is best and this flies in the face of that. Gotta play your best guys regardless of physicality, size, blah, blah, blah. Tough to keep the boys playing at a high level when you are not giving them the best team.
    I really debated answering this, but finally I figured it could be a learning moment.
    You approached this wrongly and you've made a number of mistakes here. 1. being a walk on always works against a player, not for him. Get that out of your head. There are a number of reasons but suffice it to say that it's far, far, morel ikely, given equal skill, that a scholarship athlete will play.
    2. The decision on who to play is made generally by more than one person, not just the HC. If an assistant went in and said, player A is doing great and needs to play, he would be in the line up.
    3. And most importantly, by putting this out there in public like this you embarrass the staff. They do not enjoy the visibility believe me. The way to get an answer on something like this is NOT to put in the media. It's to go find some low level guy, like maybe the assistant to the assistant equipment manager or something. You talk to him about it. It will get elevated and you will get your answer as to why this is the way it is. And I can also say, i'm 100% certain that your buddy there, if he has gone in and asked, knows what the coaches think about things and is familiar with what needs to be done.
    4. Take this for the advice it is meant to be. Do not do this in your next organization or in life anywhere. You are smart enough to figure out how the political game works in your organization. You will get nowhere embarassing the boss.

Most of us on here, who follow the team already know the answer to your querry though. It's been talked about.
    Last edited by manurespreader; 03-11-2019, 04:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• JohnsonsJerseys
    replied

Ok, so moving on to the off season thread, can we just name it:
    Michigan Tech Huskies Off-Season 2019: Holding on to Hope Because We Can't Hold a Lead...
    Last edited by JohnsonsJerseys; 03-11-2019, 12:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Lost_Husky
    replied

Originally posted by rustedblades View Post
    Based on how the upperclassmen fizzled I can't be as optimistic.
    This was always going to be a rebuilding year. We lost a lot of leadership, scoring, key roll players, and upper classmen. Our roster is completely different than it was 2 years ago.

We had one senior and one junior D men. Our top D pair was two sophomores. The early departure of Reinke stung as he would have lead the D corp and giving us an added offensive punch that we greatly are lacking.

Joe and staff heavily layered our D to give us a chance. Was it the best solution? We can debate that all offseason, but Joe and staff have forgotten more about hockey I will (and most of us) ever hope to know.

I am optimistic about our Freshmen and Sophomore class. I don't know much about the guys we are bring in, but if we get a team that skates well, doesn't turn over the puck, plays team first hockey, and plays in hard ice, we will be fine. It would be nice to get a few high skill guys in the lineup.

Leave a comment:

• The Troll mtu86
    replied

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Hohuskies8675309 = JohnScottRocks. Guaranteed.
    I've been wondering for awhile whatever happened to JSR..

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied

Hohuskies8675309 = JohnScottRocks. Guaranteed.

Leave a comment:

• MTUHuskies
    replied

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
    Remember this comment. Joe Shawhan will be around a lot longer than Hohuskies12345

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    And within 15 minutes Hohuskies12345 is gone.

Leave a comment:

• MTUHuskies
    replied

Originally posted by Hohuskies12345
    Remember this comment. The longer Joe Shawhan is the coach of this program the worse it’s going to get. Irreparable damage is being done and I hope someone puts a stop to it before it’s too late.
    Remember this comment. Joe Shawhan will be around a lot longer than Hohuskies12345

Leave a comment:

• huskyfan
    replied

The dark days of MTU hockey return. See you in another 30 years
    I don't think its that bad. And the university has made clear their commitment to the hockey program. Let's hope we get back on track next year. Enjoy the summer everyone (if there is one)!

Leave a comment:

• BGDrew
    replied

Safe travels home to anyone who made the trip to BG.

Leave a comment:

• rustedblades
    replied
    Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
    I disagree. Yes the last half of the schedule didn't go well, but this year's sophomores and freshmen are talented and the incoming freshmen should be solid too. I see improvement next year and a very strong 2020-21 season.

Based on how the upperclassmen fizzled I can't be as optimistic.

Leave a comment:

• The Troll mtu86
    replied

We finished with more wins than Michigan... just sayin'

Is it October yet? Already looking forward to some fall colors and Husky Hockey!

Leave a comment:

• MTUHuskies
    replied

I disagree. Yes the last half of the schedule didn't go well, but this year's sophomores and freshmen are talented and the incoming freshmen should be solid too. I see improvement next year and a very strong 2020-21 season.

Leave a comment:

• bose301s
    replied

I really hope not, I think next season will be very telling.

Leave a comment:

• rustedblades
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X