Michigan Tech 2018-19: Who Cares What They Name It, We Want It

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2018-19: Who Cares What They Name It, We Want It

I'd like to think Sports and Politics are 2 separate entities and keep them apart. My mother had some old saying about never discussing religion, politics and money in polite company. That seems so old school now. Even in my early working years, I rarely knew what side of the political fence co-workers and family and friends were on. It was something you kept between yourself and the ballot box. how times have changed.
    Originally posted by mtu_huskies
    "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
    Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
    Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
      I disregard comments from people with axes to grind, like Packy has. There's an agenda there, and without knowing more, who knows the level of truth in his words.
      yep, Exactly this.. an agenda.

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
      I'd like to think Sports and Politics are 2 separate entities and keep them apart. My mother had some old saying about never discussing religion, politics and money in polite company. That seems so old school now. Even in my early working years, I rarely knew what side of the political fence co-workers and family and friends were on. It was something you kept between yourself and the ballot box. how times have changed.
      It was a good rule to live by. unfortunately, as you say times have changed.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
        Hockey is my religion. And I will proselytize every opportunity I can get.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by The Troll mtu86 View Post
          Dilks is a little late to the party then as well. I don't pay attention to Dilks . Another so called hockey expert that if you put him on the ice wouldn't know his arse from the puck...

Packy has had a couple of tweets he's removed now. His immaturity is showing. He should try moving on.

While I don't agree with Coach politically, and think like several others around here that he should stay away from mixing hockey and politics, the last time I checked we still live in a free country.. I don't expect a coach to share my politics, or religion for that matter. What I do expect is that they win or at least get better every game...
          Are they getting better with every game? Seems MTU has really tailed off recently.
          CCHA 4 LIFE

Comment

What's it to you?

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
              What's it to you?
              They didn't get swept by Canisius so there is that...
              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Chris Dilks' tweet was out of line if you ask me, also.
                MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                  Ah, I'm fine with it.

GFM
                  Geof F. Morris
                  UAH BSE MAE 2002
                  UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                    Well yeah. Dilks is a ****ing hack of a "reporter".
                    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Dream No. 2 View Post
                      Are they getting better with every game? Seems MTU has really tailed off recently.
                      IMO, they slowly are getting better. They have played a much tougher schedule since Christmas. They didn't give up a goal they whole weekend at UAA. They lost a lot of offense last year. They have a lot of Freshman who are playing significant minutes. The Freshmen have hit and are starting to break through the mid year wall. A lot of our goals given up are redirects, and with a few exceptions, not soft goals. Compared to other games I have watched recently, Tech doesn't seem to give up as many break-away/odd man rushes as other teams.

As Joe has stated, he is trying to get a culture/mentality/playing style change from the team. To do that, sometimes one needs to take a few steps back to move ahead.

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                        I'm shocked Coach Shawhan responded to it. Not a good idea in my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Lost_Husky View Post
                          IMO, they slowly are getting better. They have played a much tougher schedule since Christmas. They didn't give up a goal they whole weekend at UAA. They lost a lot of offense last year. They have a lot of Freshman who are playing significant minutes. The Freshmen have hit and are starting to break through the mid year wall. A lot of our goals given up are redirects, and with a few exceptions, not soft goals. Compared to other games I have watched recently, Tech doesn't seem to give up as many break-away/odd man rushes as other teams.

As Joe has stated, he is trying to get a culture/mentality/playing style change from the team. To do that, sometimes one needs to take a few steps back to move ahead.
                          It is a very young team is it not?

Comment

Originally posted by rustedblades View Post
                            I'm shocked Coach Shawhan responded to it. Not a good idea in my mind.
                            I was okay with that, too. If you make one response, I think that's fine.

GFM
                            Geof F. Morris
                            UAH BSE MAE 2002
                            UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
                              It is a very young team is it not?
                              Yes, there are some young guys that are being asked to contribute, which is fine, but leadership has to come from the upperclassmen. My takeaway is that Joe is worried the young guys will become "soft" if the older guys don't lead them in the right direction.

This freshman class is one of the most talented to come through. If they learn what it takes, and why its necessary, to do the heavy lifting they will be a very strong nucleus for three more years. But for this season, they need the older guys to steer them on the right path. IMHO that has to come from the dressing room, not from the coaches office.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                                I was okay with that, too. If you make one response, I think that's fine.

GFM
                                As you can see by the responses to his tweet you can't win in the social media game.

Comment

Working...
                                X