• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JohnsonsJerseys
    replied
    Re: Michigan Tech 2018-19: Who Cares What They Name It, We Want It

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
    Mathematically there are still some possibilities...
    Tech students and alumni are great at math. So...
    Ferris sweeps
    Makato sweeps
    TECH SWEEPS THE MILDCATS!

Hockey in Houghton next weekend. Simple.

Ryan

Leave a comment:

• John J. MacInnes
    replied

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
    looks to me that if we sweep we get LSSU at the Soo and if we split we get NMU at Marquette.
    The only way that a Tech sweep puts them in the Soo is if Lake State gets no better than a split against Ferris. That's highly unlikely.

Mathematically there are still some possibilities, but the likely outcome will be a rematch right back in Marquette.

Leave a comment:

• TalonsUpPuckDown
    replied

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
    looks to me that if we sweep we get LSSU at the Soo and if we split we get NMU at Marquette.
    Go Tech go!

Leave a comment:

• manurespreader
    replied

Leave a comment:

• huskyfan
    replied

Your fact for the day: 1 frozen Lake Superior = 52,020,513 ice rinks.

Leave a comment:

• John J. MacInnes
    replied

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    So our THG slack chat as a bit of a trivia question going on...starting with the 1999-2000 season, there have been 6 freshman to score at least 12 goals in their first season with MTU. Can you name the other five?
    Yes. Two are easy, one is a current player, and the other two are pretty obscure.

Leave a comment:

• Shirtless Guy
    replied

So our THG slack chat as a bit of a trivia question going on...starting with the 1999-2000 season, there have been 6 freshman to score at least 12 goals in their first season with MTU. Can you name the other five?

Leave a comment:

• MTUHuskies
    replied

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
    I hope it is at Gilla River and not their "home " rink. I wouldn't mind a return to Phoenix, but not to see a game in ASU's rink.

Ryan
    I'd watch Tech anywhere, even the Berry Library at NMU.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• JohnsonsJerseys
    replied

Originally posted by The Troll mtu86 View Post
    ...we would be going out to ASU sometime after Christmas break..
    I hope it is at Gilla River and not their "home " rink. I wouldn't mind a return to Phoenix, but not to see a game in ASU's rink.

Ryan

Leave a comment:

• The Troll mtu86
    replied

The Hall of Fame game has not always been first...going back 6 years its been anywhere from October 1 to December 14.
    A few JSHs back Joe mentioned that the HOF game would be in early Nov. Also mentioned was that Clarkson and Notre Dame would be coming to Houghton next season and we would be going out to ASU sometime after Christmas break..

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied

I still really couldn't give a single sh*t what Chris Dilks' opinion on anything is, especially given that his selective poutrage came over a week after the comment was known. At any rate, I'm sure the feeling is mutual.

Someone in Athletics reading these boards is no surprise, we all know it's been going on for years now.

I'm in on Grand Forks for sure, just need to know the date.

Leave a comment:

• MTUHuskies
    replied

Originally posted by giwan View Post

One really interesting question he was asked was, who does he think his players play for? ie themselves, the coach, the team, the scouts, their parents.
    Every good coach should know this answer for every player on his team.

He doesn't need to broadcast it to millions of Mix93 listeners, but I'd bet Joe and his staff knows what makes each of the boys tick. The trick is to fit all those different motivators and goals into the overall team goal.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Shirtless Guy
    replied

Originally posted by giwan View Post
    Listened to the JSH and it sure does seem that either he's been reading some of the comments here OR someone mentioned he can be perceived as giving negative comments.

Sounds like someone mentioned no politics either.

One really interesting question he was asked was, who does he think his players play for? ie themselves, the coach, the team, the scouts, their parents.
    I think its pretty obvious that he crossed some lines with what he was saying a couple weeks ago and Dilks drew attention to part of it and I'm sure it gets back to him via Suzanne and others. Its a relatively small community, they all talk, some of them are here, some of them don't need to be here to feel the same things we've seen here and in the discord chat about the team.

Leave a comment:

• giwan
    replied

Listened to the JSH and it sure does seem that either he's been reading some of the comments here OR someone mentioned he can be perceived as giving negative comments.

Sounds like someone mentioned no politics either.

Leave a comment:

• JohnsonsJerseys
    replied

The Hall of Fame game has not always been first...going back 6 years its been anywhere from October 1 to December 14.
    It sure would be nice if Tech could get a key NC opponent NOT in the first week or two of the season like we've had UMD and WI the last couple years. Tech would be much better served to play UND a month into the season, especially with what will be another very young team next year. Clarkson was a great time for those games this season, Tech just didn't capitalize.
    Ryan

Leave a comment:

Working...
X