Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Culvers Camp Randall Hockey Classic: Michigan vs UW.. Brrrrrrrr!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Culvers Camp Randall Hockey Classic: Michigan vs UW.. Brrrrrrrr!

I'm wondering if I should try to snag some upper deck tickets for the game, the one picture released seem to show a pretty good view from up there. Not sure how good the view is going to be from the designated student sections.

Comment

From what I have been told, the event at the Fieldhouse will have all you can eat and drink, which, I have heard includes beer. Which really surprises me, but the technicality is that the game is not at the fieldhouse so they will sell the beer

HOORAY!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pucky-Bucky Backer View Post
        It snowed a bit during the game at Lambeau. It added a nice aura to the game. Ice was mediocre but nobody cared, we just ordered more beer!
        Dang it snowed, I must have been WAAAAAAYYYYY to drunk to remember

Comment

Originally posted by Red Till I'm Dead! View Post
          From what I have been told, the event at the Fieldhouse will have all you can eat and drink, which, I have heard includes beer. Which really surprises me, but the technicality is that the game is not at the fieldhouse so they will sell the beer

HOORAY!!!!!!!!!
          They do a similar thing with football at the fieldhouse, lots of free beer and brats.

Comment

Originally posted by RedFreak View Post
            I've said this before, and fully expect to get jumped on for saying it again, but I think the WCHA was absolutely correct for nixing the UW/Mn game. This game is a stunt. As long as it's a non-conference stunt, no harm. But the ice could be lousy (remember how much the players dissed the Lambeau ice?), and/or the weather could be lousy. You do not want the conference standings at the end of the year impacted by the vagaries of the weather.

On the other hand, if they declared the game to be non-conference, this problem goes away.
            Of course it's a stunt- that's the point. But I think the two schools should have come together for one game (or even two over a decade) where on NC game can be sacrificed for this stunt. What the articles read was that the WCHA poo-pooed the idea without even the option of an NC game.

Again, while my team is a worthy opponent for such a stunt, I still think that Minnesota is a much better team in terms of making said stunt a real spectacle. IMHO.

Anyway, what's done is done.

For this weekend, it's pretty hard to project which Michigan team you will see- we've had a few different ones this season. The awuful one at the beginning of November, the darned good one over Thanksgiving, or the bi-polar team ever since. One never knows anymore. If they were going to take anything away from our past weekend with MSU is that they can win games that were basically given away. But it's also more important to play ALL 60 min. Still- who knows.

For those of you going to the game, make it a spectacle that is worthy of all this work.

Comment

Originally posted by WeWantMore View Post
              They do a similar thing with football at the fieldhouse, lots of free beer and brats.
              Which is good, because unlike the football games, the bars cannot have any outdoor parties before and after the game, that is only allowed by the city during the football season

We wanted to try to set up a large, heated tent to have the pregame tailgate party at but could not.

I will spend the $40 bucks for the all you can eat and drink instead, but having a smoke will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                For those of you going to the game, make it a spectacle that is worthy of all this work.
                I plan on just making a spectacle of myself!

Comment

So will we hear "Jump Around" before the start of the 3rd period Saturday? Other than the jerseys, what are some of the unique spins being put on this event?
                  MICHIGAN STATE
                  1966:1986:2007

Comment

[QUOTE=Red Till I'm Dead!;4601246]Which is good, because unlike the football games, the bars cannot have any outdoor parties before and after the game, that is only allowed by the city during the football season

We wanted to try to set up a large, heated tent to have the pregame tailgate party at but could not.

QUOTE]

Say it ain't so!! I had not heard this, someone was just talking the other day about the stadium bar having an outdoor heated tent for Saturday. You would think they would have gotten permission from the city from the start. I guess maybe they just prefer to collect more money from the field house party. This could change our groups plan as we had planned to arrive around noon and tailgate the first 2 hours and then head to the bars to tailgate before gametime.

Comment

Originally posted by STATEdude3 View Post
                      So will we hear "Jump Around" before the start of the 3rd period Saturday? Other than the jerseys, what are some of the unique spins being put on this event?
                      http://www.uwbadgers.com/sports/m-ho...012510aag.html

They did so at Lambeau before the 3rd period, so I would assume so. Along with the article above, they are having opening skating for a few hours Friday night, not sure of the number of tickets available, but it sold out in 20 minutes. I'm sure they're other things as welling going on including the pregame party at the UW Fieldhouse.

Comment

I'm just hoping the students avoid an FU! ES! chant. Never liked that one.

Comment

So for us out of towners, anything we should do in Madison...besides drink?
                          Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                          wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                          7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Hey, is this thing going to be played on an Olympic-sized or pro-sized sheet?
                            Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
                            66 - 86 - 07
                            59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
                            59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

Originally posted by aallenpollreisz View Post
                              Hey, is this thing going to be played on an Olympic-sized or pro-sized sheet?
                              Pro

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                                So for us out of towners, anything we should do in Madison...besides drink?
                                Eat .

Go ice skating, ice fishing, ice boating @ 100 MPH (much of the snow is off the lakes), sledding, snow shoeing, you get the "drift".
                                Last edited by MadCityRich; 02-01-2010, 03:43 PM.
                                "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Working...
                                X