Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Culvers Camp Randall Hockey Classic: Michigan vs UW.. Brrrrrrrr!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Culvers Camp Randall Hockey Classic: Michigan vs UW.. Brrrrrrrr!

Originally posted by UMBand View Post
    It just seemed like a no-brainer to me that Michigan would wear the maize sweaters. And it's not like it would have been a bad color-on-color matchup. Just looked strange with blue and red out there.
    It's red. And blue. It's not like maroon and red, or blue and sky blue, or white and cream, or purple and mauve. Red. And. Blue.

Pretty different if you ask me.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
      That game is the exact reason that I would include the caveat "as long as it doesn't conflict". But if it were Illinois' blue against our red? No big deal.

This is the way a lot of soccer leagues seem to operate when it comes to jersey colors, and I think it works quite well for them. I think the Dallas Cowboys also seem to operate under this rule as well.
      The Cowboys usually use their option as home team to wear their whites (as opposed to the colors that most home teams in the NFL wear). That is why you almost never see them in their blues, unless they are visiting and the other home team chooses whites (I believe that Washington and Miami are the others that sometimes wear whites at home).

I would be careful what you wish for regarding European soccer uniforms, many of the second jerseys they use are just plain godawful ugly.

Comment

Originally posted by Badger Abroad View Post
        The Cowboys usually use their option as home team to wear their whites (as opposed to the colors that most home teams in the NFL wear). That is why you almost never see them in their blues, unless they are visiting and the other home team chooses whites (I believe that Washington and Miami are the others that sometimes wear whites at home).
        Miami started it because their whites are cooler than their blue jerseys in the sun. Dallas copied it for the same reason. Washington does it only against Dallas as a psychological tool. Years ago, GB played Tampa in a blizzard. Vinny Testaverde could not see his receivers in their white road jerseys. The next week, Miami flew into GB with both sets of uniforms. They were ready to pay the NFL fine for wrong uniforms if it meant winning the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Badger Abroad View Post

I would be careful what you wish for regarding European soccer uniforms, many of the second jerseys they use are just plain godawful ugly.
          The Euro soccer way of doing it, however, isn't to have home and away jerseys, but rather primary and secondary jerseys. You wear your primary colors all the time, unless there's a conflict - and then the road team has to wear their secondary colors.

So, if you just applied that to the usual American tradition of having a colored shirt and a white shirt, there's no problem - have both teams play in colors if there are no conflicts, or have the road team wear white if there are. Simple.

For this game, I liked both teams in the colors, but I also agree that Michigan might have been better off in Maize.
          "...the great state University of Wisconsin should ever encourage that continual and fearless sifting and winnowing by which alone the truth can be found."

Wisconsin '05 Michigan '07

http://noalibisnoregrets.blogspot.com/

my other blog

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
            If 97 was the year Michigan was bounced in the FF by BU I'd agree. I don't remember exactly what year that was when BU beat them in milwaukee

I'm thinking of the team w/Morrison, Botterill et al. jesus they could fly. BU was good but not great. Michigan was great that year. One of those teams that you wonder how they lost more than 1-2 games all season....

However, defeating Nodak would have been tough. That (again IIRC) would have been the Nodak team w/Jason Blake, Hoogsteens, Panzers and I think Commodore. **** tough team

that would have been a hell of a tilt to watch
            That was a pretty awesome FF to watch. For the title game, we were sitting next to a couple of Michigan fans that would religiously yell "let's go Blue!" every time the crowd would be yelling "let's go Sioux!"

Entertaining to say the least. Some people refuse to give up on their team!
            In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
            I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

Originally posted by WisconsinWildcard View Post
              That was a pretty awesome FF to watch. For the title game, we were sitting next to a couple of Michigan fans that would religiously yell "let's go Blue!" every time the crowd would be yelling "let's go Sioux!"

Entertaining to say the least. Some people refuse to give up on their team!
              The Michigan fans at the CRC had a lot of spirit too. They cheered for their team all game long and were very vocal.
              I definetly give them props for that.
              A Badger living in Buckeye country.
              Originally posted by MadCityRich
              He blossomed after he left the U, and they still named a city in Minnesota after him?
              Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
              Sieve, Minnesota? Never heard of it.
              Originally posted by Timothy A
              I know my distain of anything and everything related to IL or MN is totally insane, but that's me; you can't change the genetics.
              "The state of North Dakota may not exist. It's like South Dakota's Canadian girlfriend." -- Stephen Colbert

Comment

Working...
              X