X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU Terriers 2018-19: Albie in Charge

Originally posted by chickod View Post
    A lot of buzz about this upcoming series, no?
    It's tough when the last game was such a dud. There are certainly tougher tasks than taking 2 out of 3 at Tsongas, so I haven't written the team off. I just hope they can find their A-game. I'm planning to go to Saturday's game.

I was thinking (too lazy to look up) - how often has this team successfully won a road series to get to the Garden? I can think of two. One was the great upset of #1 BC in 2004 in 3 games. The only other one that comes to mind was in Providence, It think sometime in late 90's early 2000s. I don't recall if that series went 2 or 3 games.
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
      It's tough when the last game was such a dud. There are certainly tougher tasks than taking 2 out of 3 at Tsongas, so I haven't written the team off. I just hope they can find their A-game. I'm planning to go to Saturday's game.

I was thinking (too lazy to look up) - how often has this team successfully won a road series to get to the Garden? I can think of two. One was the great upset of I think you may #1 BC in 2004 in 3 games. The only other one that comes to mind was in Providence, It think sometime in late 90's early 2000s. I don't recall if that series went 2 or 3 games.
      Relying on memory here, that was 2003, and BU took out PC in 2 straight. I think you may remember, Doug, that during the 2nd game, BU had possession in the PC d-zone, and swapped all 5 skaters on the fly.
      if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
        A lot of buzz about this upcoming series, no?
        This series promises to be a potent cure for insomnia. A team that can't put the puck in the net vs a team that tends to lock in down defensively = a major snorefest. Could be the first 3 game series in history where nobody scores in regulation.
        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by rover View Post
          this series promises to be a potent cure for insomnia. A team that can't put the puck in the net vs a team that tends to lock in down defensively = a major snorefest. Could be the first 3 game series in history where nobody scores in regulation.
          :d
          Last edited by chickod; 03-14-2019, 08:04 PM.

Comment

I’m thinking I might actually go tomorrow. Think I’ll have any problem getting tickets?

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
              I’m thinking I might actually go tomorrow. Think I’ll have any problem getting tickets?
              No- have never sold out a playoff game- also planning to buy at door- no fees

Comment

• Originally posted by DLG View Post
                BU sections are 114 & 115. Also FOH pregame gathering at Beer Works before Games 1 & 2.

Comment

• Originally posted by DLG View Post
                  Thanks...... although my sarcasm in the question must not have translated well into the written word. .

I put the attendance over/under at about 1900.

Comment

Thanks...... although my sarcasm in the question must not have translated well into the written word. .

I put the attendance over/under at about 1900.
                    I had originally put it at 3000 and got this from a Lowell fan- still sticking with 3000

3000 for the over/under? I'd take the over without hesitation.

Average attendance for playoff games at Tsongas:

2018 2934 (2 games - Merrimack)
                    2017 4470 (3 games - UNH)
                    2016 5399 (2 games - BU)
                    2015 3614 (3 games - Angry Leprechauns)
                    2014 3610 (3 games - Vermont)
                    2013 4235 (2 games - Maine)
                    2012 3874 (3 games - PC)

Comment

2016 were SRO at the door
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

My 1900 may be too low, but a quick glance at the Lowell ticket site shows many many tickets available. 3000 may be a more accurate guess. I'll make a close to game time decision. Have not been to Tsongas in years and might be fun.

Comment

My 1900 may be too low, but a quick glance at the Lowell ticket site shows many many tickets available. 3000 may be a more accurate guess. I'll make a close to game time decision. Have not been to Tsongas in years and might be fun.
                          UML gets a lot of their sales from walk-ups at game time. Their games are a lot like minor league baseball/hockey in that right, a lot local families with kids looking for something to do on a weekend night who just show up. Unfortunately in some cases it can make the place turn into a glorified Chuck E. Cheese with the amount of kids running around the aisles and seats while parents sit in their phones.
                          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                            UML gets a lot of their sales from walk-ups at game time. Their games are a lot like minor league baseball/hockey in that right, a lot local families with kids looking for something to do on a weekend night who just show up. Unfortunately in some cases it can make the place turn into a glorified Chuck E. Cheese with the amount of kids running around the aisles and seats while parents sit in their phones.
                            Hey now.... be nice to their band!!
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                              At least it's a Chuck E. Cheese environment that serves adult beverages to help unwind from the chaos!

Comment

Sick as a dog... Is there a stream I can find for tonight's game that doesn't cost $$$?
                                It Happened!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X