This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU Terriers 2018-19: Albie in Charge

krys will be gone now. 5pt night will draw attention like nieto's big finish did his jr year as well.

nice night all around. haven't scored more than 2 since 1st Feb
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
      I believe a Lowell tie and BU win does it as BU would have more conference wins and I think that's the second tiebreaker.
      yah, but no way umlol doesn't take 2pts at uvm.
      nu ain't losing at home vs uhn.
      bc may beat pc, but bu loses the 3rd tb there.

5th place it is...

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
        Yes. Need Vermont to beat Lowell or UNH to beat NU. And BU must beat Maine. Terriers will know if they have a chance before Saturday's game begins.
        I know there's an odd number of teams but the fact that the 5 games are spread out over 3 days is so Hockey East. Most leagues in most sports will schedule the final regular season game at the same time so in a scenario like BU is in, they will play the game thinking they have a chance for home ice. As it stands now, if the favorites win on Thursday/Friday that BU/Maine game will mean nothing.
        2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
        2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
          I know there's an odd number of teams but the fact that the 5 games are spread out over 3 days is so Hockey East. Most leagues in most sports will schedule the final regular season game at the same time so in a scenario like BU is in, they will play the game thinking they have a chance for home ice. As it stands now, if the favorites win on Thursday/Friday that BU/Maine game will mean nothing.
          Just because it won't mean anything doesn't mean the baked potatoes won't be delicious.
          Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

Originally posted by quiddlet View Post
            Just because it won't mean anything doesn't mean the baked potatoes won't be delicious.
            I am so eager to have a baked potato.
            ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

mookie misses proper bacon

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                krys will be gone now. 5pt night will draw attention like nieto's big finish did his jr year as well.
                Before last night: 11 points in 24 games. Last year, 27 in 36 games (with a significantly better offensive team).
                The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Five goals!!! Be still my heart. (Man, Merrimack sucks.)

I really miss the days when Maine-BU had juice. Those 90's games never disappointed. There were plots, subplots, hate, cheating, more hate, and a ****-ton of skill.

BU Hockey: At Least We Won't Have to Pay for Parking in Two Weeks
                  It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                    Before last night: 11 points in 24 games. Last year, 27 in 36 games (with a significantly better offensive team).
                    just sayin'

that year mookie is talking about, nieto was 9-13-22 through the first 30 games. then went 9-6-15 over the next 8 (boys were shut out last game in hea finals). no way he was leaving before that final kick. kid looked lost out there....then he scored a goal in 6 of those 8 and got an offer to leave.
                    hope krys has a strong finish (cause it is needed), but be careful what you wish for

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                      Five goals!!! Be still my heart. (Man, Merrimack sucks.)
                      how soon bomber forgets that suck team shut out our boys 0-4 earlier this season

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                        how soon bomber forgets that suck team shut out our boys 0-4 earlier this season
                        I was thinking that last night. HOW did BU lose to this team?

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                          Pantano stood on his head and BU hit three posts in the first period. MC got a cheap one, then got a second in the 2nd period and the wheels fell off from there. MC is always better at home in that little sand box of a rink.
                          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

As disappointing overall as this season has been, even though BU is in 5th place, the Terriers are only two points out of second place.

Oh, it may have only been Merrimack, but what a big difference Bobo makes. The forwards all seemed to have an extra jump with him in the lineup. And losing streak coincided with him getting hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post
                              As disappointing overall as this season has been, even though BU is in 5th place, the Terriers are only two points out of second place.

Oh, it may have only been Merrimack, but what a big difference Bobo makes. The forwards all seemed to have an extra jump with him in the lineup. And losing streak coincided with him getting hurt.
                              Huge difference with Bobo in there - the number of faceoffs won on the power play (and in general) was noticeable.
                              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                                that game.
                                1-3 vs umo at home
                                1-4 vs the dumpster fire bc team at home
                                2-3 ot at UConn

can go on and on, but those 3 right there has the boys 17-12-4 and at least bubble with at least three games left to get to 20 wins and go from there at hea semi-finals.

Comment

Working...
                                X