X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU Terriers 2018-19: Albie in Charge

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
    I know this isn't fair (Pro's vs. Amateurs), but switching from PC-BU to Bruins-Lightening last night was like watching a completely different sport. The gap shouldn't be that wide. The 3rd period of PC-BU was borderline unwatchable.
    I was thinking the same thing. I DVR'd both games and watched the first period of BU, then the whole Bruins, then the last two periods of BU. Agree it "isn't fair" but it just magnified how ineffective BU's play was in the third period (as chickod said).
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Two favorable outcomes for the Terriers in Hockey East tonight: A BC win, and a UNH win.

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
        I was thinking the same thing. I DVR'd both games and watched the first period of BU, then the whole Bruins, then the last two periods of BU. Agree it "isn't fair" but it just magnified how ineffective BU's play was in the third period (as chickod said).
        I just finished watching on DVR tonight as well. This was a tale of 2 teams. The team that played the first 15 minutes shows the potential of this team - attacking style, quick and accurate passing, a physical defense, and top tier goaltending. I was impressed. That team wins 20-25 games. They certainly had the ability to do it this year. The team in the last 45 minutes hung on for their lives as they were taken for a ride. I still maintain if Jake plays like that, we have a chance to beat anyone in college hockey, even when scoring 1 or 2 goals. Still a chance (slim) for home ice in the quarters.

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
          There were 22 NHL Draft picks on the ice last night in Providence. 22. So NHL Exec's think there was a complete roster (with spare parts) of a future NHL Team out there.

Who the the **** are you anyway? And how long have you been watching college hockey? #CredentialsRequested

BU Hockey: Been At This a Long Time
          This is great, my credentials. OK, I am 45 years old I have been watching hockey for 38 approx years, I played in HS. What are yours? And again, of those 22 NHL draft picks how many of them are NHL level today?? How many will ever see the NHL. The difference between the NHL and college is HUGE! If you don't think so then I will question who the **** you are?

Comment

• Originally posted by JerryP66 View Post
            This is great, my credentials. OK, I am 45 years old I have been watching hockey for 38 approx years, I played in HS. What are yours? And again, of those 22 NHL draft picks how many of them are NHL level today?? How many will ever see the NHL. The difference between the NHL and college is HUGE! If you don't think so then I will question who the **** you are?
            Welcome to the board (or this thread anyway.). Enjoy your stay.
            It Happened!!!!

Comment

Mookie been trying that argument for years when peeps say bu tickets are well priced and use Bruins for comparison

Also, nhl draft is a blindfolded dart board. Brian McConnell? Former employee #6??

The evidence is overwhelming
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                Mookie been trying that argument for years when peeps say bu tickets are well priced and use Bruins for comparison

Also, nhl draft is a blindfolded dart board. Brian McConnell? Former employee #6??

Agree with poster on the quality of play difference. Whether it’s an issue of talent or style is not important the college game has not been entertaining on many nights even for the alleged better teams. The PC game was dreadful. NHL worthy players or not these boys have been playing at a high level somehere before college and have shown they can skate and put the puck in the net. Has anyone seen a college team this year that has played an exciting brand of hockey? The NHL is killing it now for excitement the best in a few decades imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Jofa View Post
                  Agree with poster on the quality of play difference. Whether it’s an issue of talent or style is not important the college game has not been entertaining on many nights even for the alleged better teams. The PC game was dreadful. NHL worthy players or not these boys have been playing at a high level somehere before college and have shown they can skate and put the puck in the net. Has anyone seen a college team this year that has played an exciting brand of hockey? The NHL is killing it now for excitement the best in a few decades imo.
                  I still find the college game entertaining, my only point in this was that the NHL and College aren't close, and they aren't supposed to be and they never have been. All i can say is that this is a BU thread, and BU fans were accustom to a high level of play, they haven't been seeing that as much so maybe that is the problem here.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post

Jeff Kealty #22 overall pick never played an NHL game was a woeful underperformer at BU. Now the president of hockey operations for Nashville but still lives locally

Comment

Originally posted by Jofa View Post
                      The college game needs stars. Gaudreau and Eichel drew a lot of eyeballs from hockey fans who weren't fans of those teams. Gaudette and Makar as well, but the buzz isn't/wasn't the same as those other two guys. I enjoy watching Lowell, Providence, NU this year...but can a casual college hockey fan name 2 players on those teams?

Also, I know it's been talked about a ton, but I was drawn to college hockey for the rivalries and the atmospheres. Large student sections, packed barns, constant noise and chanting. The experience is a lot more dull nowadays and I think the same product on the ice would feel a lot more exciting if it occurred in a high-energy environment.
                      2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                      2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

word on the street is Bobo is playing tonight
                        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                          word on the street is Bobo is playing tonight
                          Lines out, 3rd line center.
                          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

I’m too lazy to look but is home ice still possible?

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                              I’m too lazy to look but is home ice still possible?
                              Yes. Need Vermont to beat Lowell or UNH to beat NU. And BU must beat Maine. Terriers will know if they have a chance before Saturday's game begins.
                              The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                                Yes. Need Vermont to beat Lowell or UNH to beat NU. And BU must beat Maine. Terriers will know if they have a chance before Saturday's game begins.
                                I believe a Lowell tie and BU win does it as BU would have more conference wins and I think that's the second tiebreaker.
                                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Working...
                                X