This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU Terriers 2018-19: Albie in Charge

I know I should be happy with a road tie against a Top-10 team, however, other than the first 15 minutes or so, that was ugly.
    - If the object of the game was to ice the puck, we would have CRUSHED them. Like 125 to 3.
    - Chad Krys should only play when we need a goal, not when we are protecting a lead.
    - Thank god for Oettinger. He was phenomenal. His teammates and the coaches owe him one.
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
      I know I should be happy with a road tie against a Top-10 team, however, other than the first 15 minutes or so, that was ugly.
      - If the object of the game was to ice the puck, we would have CRUSHED them. Like 125 to 3.
      - Chad Krys should only play when we need a goal, not when we are protecting a lead.
      - Thank god for Oettinger. He was phenomenal. His teammates and the coaches owe him one.
      A tough point to pull out on the road. On a night when the ice was so slanted, thankfully our goalie was up for it!
      Go Scarlet!

Comment

If we get home ice, it is VERY likely that it will be at home against Northeastern. I'd rather play them at Matthews than in front of a one-third full Agganis with 500 Northeastern fans.
        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2019...ro-briere.html
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
            This team doesn't seem to have any "plan" for advancing the puck up the ice. As soon as we get over our blue line it's either a long stretch pass to someone covered by two defenders in the "hope" that somehow it will find his stick, or throw it down the ice. There is no puck support coming through the neutral zone. It's all haphazard, as if there is no scheme at all. At some point that has to be on the coaching staff. We are at the END of the season...they have had 4 1/2 months to work this out. The third period was embarrassing. Almost the entire period was played in the BU end. Other teams can at least get the puck into the opponent's zone with possession. At some point you can't blame the "talent" or the fact that they haven't "been together" long enough. A high school team can do a better job of sustaining offense. They didn't put the final shot totals up (because with any of these "internet" broadcasts they immediately cut away the instant the game ends), but SOG were 41 to 19 after three periods!!!!! And Providence had most of the shots in the OT as well (a look at the box score says 5-1 which means a total of 46-20 for the game). What's worse is if they weren't playing hard, you could cite the "lack of intensity." But it's just wasted energy. One of the more inefficient BU teams I have ever seen in recent memory. A lot of non-productive work that goes nowhere. I don't know what the answer is, but what's worse is that it doesn't appear anyone on the bench does either.
            Last edited by chickod; 03-01-2019, 08:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
              This team doesn't seem to have any "plan" for advancing the puck up the ice. As soon as we get over our blue line it's either a long stretch pass to someone covered by two defenders in the "hope" that somehow it will find his stick, or throw it down the ice. There is no puck support coming through the neutral zone. It's all haphazard, as if there is no scheme at all. At some point that has to be on the coaching staff. We are at the END of the season...they have had 4 1/2 months to work this out. The third period was embarrassing. Almost the entire period was played in the BU end. Other teams can at least get the puck into the opponent's zone with possession. At some point you can't blame the "talent" or the fact that they haven't "been together" long enough. A high school team can do a better job of sustaining offense. They didn't put the final shot totals up (because with any of these "internet" broadcasts they immediately cut away the instant the game ends), but SOG were 41 to 19 after three periods!!!!! And Providence had most of the shots in the OT as well (a look at the box score says 5-1 which means a total of 46-20 for the game). What's worse is if they weren't playing hard, you could cite the "lack of intensity." But it's just wasted energy. One of the more inefficient BU teams I have ever seen in recent memory. A lot of non-productive work that goes nowhere. I don't know what the answer is, but what's worse is that it doesn't appear anyone on the bench does either.
              I remember saying the same thing during the last, oh, 20 years of Parker's tenure! Looked like the team all just met each other for the first time yesterday even though its the end of the year. If you want to look on the bright side, it took Quinn 5 years to learn how to coach. Maybe Albie can ramp up quicker.
              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

I know this isn't fair (Pro's vs. Amateurs), but switching from PC-BU to Bruins-Lightening last night was like watching a completely different sport. The gap shouldn't be that wide. The 3rd period of PC-BU was borderline unwatchable.

Forget three goals in a game, can they score 3 more goals before the end of the season? *sigh*

BU Hockey: Not Your Father's BU Hockey Team
                It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                  Forget three goals in a game, can they score 3 more goals before the end of the season? *sigh*

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                    I know this isn't fair (Pro's vs. Amateurs), but switching from PC-BU to Bruins-Lightening last night was like watching a completely different sport. The gap shouldn't be that wide. The 3rd period of PC-BU was borderline unwatchable.

WOOO, you are saying that there shouldn't be a big gap between a BU_PC game and an NHL game??? Let me ask you a question, think about how many guys in that BU game last night you think will have NHL careers? Not play 11 games, careers? Maybe 1? Now how many will have cups of coffee in NHL? Couple?? Now ask yourself that question again. I think you should sit the next couple of plays out

Comment

Originally posted by JerryP66 View Post
                      WOOO, you are saying that there shouldn't be a big gap between a BU_PC game and an NHL game??? Let me ask you a question, think about how many guys in that BU game last night you think will have NHL careers? Not play 11 games, careers? Maybe 1? Now how many will have cups of coffee in NHL? Couple?? Now ask yourself that question again. I think you should sit the next couple of plays out
                      I think Bomber's point is that watching BU try to score is like watching old people eat.

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by JerryP66 View Post
                        There were 22 NHL Draft picks on the ice last night in Providence. 22. So NHL Exec's think there was a complete roster (with spare parts) of a future NHL Team out there.

Who the the **** are you anyway? And how long have you been watching college hockey? #CredentialsRequested

BU Hockey: Been At This a Long Time
                        It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rover View Post
                          i think bomber's point is that watching bu try to score is like watching old people eat.
                          It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                            I think Bomber's point is that watching BU try to score is like watching old people eat.
                            I can eat just fine (and fast), thank you very much. And I even have my own teeth!!

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                              I can eat just fine (and fast), thank you very much. And I even have my own teeth!!
                              Suit yourself, but if I see you biting into a hot dog at the arena I'm still looking the other way!

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                                Suit yourself, but if I see you biting into a hot dog at the arena I'm still looking the other way!
                                Many games at The Coffin are free of hot dogs!
                                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Working...
                                X