X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU Terriers 2018-19: Albie in Charge

Originally posted by defkit View Post
    I have to admit that with all the talk of declining attendance, I was impressed by the crowd tonight. The tops of the corners had some bare spots, but other than the place looked full (granted, my seats were facing the side with both the NU and BC contingents).
    Announced attendance was 15,015, second lowest since TD Garden opened.

Sean
    Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
    Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
    BU Hockey highlights and extras
    NCAA Hockey Financials
    Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
    I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
      I have to admit that with all the talk of declining attendance, I was impressed by the crowd tonight. The tops of the corners had some bare spots, but other than the place looked full (granted, my seats were facing the side with both the NU and BC contingents).
      On TV you could definitely see empty seats scattered throughout the lower bowl. Now of course those could have been people up going to the concourse etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post
        Side note: I have a photo from that game with Shane Johnson and Rich Brennan on d, and a line with Bill Pierce, Shawn Bates, and Jon Jenkins on the ice at once. Can anyone tell me why that is sort if a cool thing? (It's possible that only 4 of the 5 were in it, and that my mind has completed the group over the year - I'm too lazy to look for the photo right now).
        6 Johnson
        7 Brennan
        8 Pierce
        9 Bates
        10 Jenkins

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
          Raise your hand if you have actually BEEN to this game....anyone? anyone? Bueller?
          (what a dreadful experience...there are more people at a practice...)
          Starting with my first Beanpot in 1986 I made sure to be there for the start of the consolation game because someday BU would be in it. I was either in my seat or at least in the building for the start of every one from '86-'93, so of course when BU was in it in '94 I was not able to leave work early (new job) and missed the entire first period. I continued to make the start of the consolation game through 2014, but since then I haven't tried and usually arrived around the start of the second period. I missed this year's altogether because my daughter had a game in Auburn at 5 PM yesterday.

Sean
          Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
          Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
          BU Hockey highlights and extras
          NCAA Hockey Financials
          Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
          I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by DLG View Post
            So now BU and BC have identical 10-14-3 records...Does tonight mean Northeastern (with big fan support) gets the 8 PM game next year?...BU-BC at 5 would be a first for beanpot
            AFAIK, the custom of the defending champ getting the late game for the first round is not set in stone. The Garden "owns" the Beanpot and that means Garden management gets to decide which will be the early game and which will be the late game. There is no NCAA rule (aside from the playing rules) that govern which team plays when in the Beanpot. Which game gets slotted when is a business decision, plain and simple, that will come down to which pairings are in the best interests of the Garden. So in terms of the late game, if the powers that be determine that BU-BC (with their apparently declining fan bases) will produce more revenue than NU with its legions of fans, and Harvard with both of its fans, then BU-BC it will be.
            "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post
              6 Johnson
              7 Brennan
              8 Pierce
              9 Bates
              10 Jenkins
              Indeed. I was hoping that the fact that Shane later changed to 27 would throw some people off...
              BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Unbelievable Women's Beanpot final if you didn't see it...Sammy Davis (not Jr.) scores in OT and BU beats Harvard, 3-2. First Beanpot for BU since 1981 (almost hard to believe).
                Last edited by chickod; 02-12-2019, 10:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
                  Unbelievable Women's Beanpot final if you didn't see it...Sammy Davis (not Jr.) scores in OT and BU beats Harvard, 3-2. First Beanpot for BU since 1981 (almost hard to believe).
                  Great fan support too!

Comment

was a great gm (not to mention unbelievable effort leading up to it.. the semi final they had).
                    well done! 1981 no more..
                    GO NU HOCKEY
                    Always bullish on the future.
                    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Can't fathom what was going through the Harvard girl's head when she cross-checked the BU player in the head after the whistle in OT to draw that penalty.
                      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

I had no idea you guys hadn't won a women's Beanpot since 80s. With all the good teams you've had under Durocher that is incredible.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                          I had no idea you guys hadn't won a women's Beanpot since 80s. With all the good teams you've had under Durocher that is incredible.
                          That was the exact thought I had when I heard it...

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
                            Announced attendance was 15,015, second lowest since TD Garden opened.

Sean
                            Maybe that is true, but how many years was it being announced a sell out and there were plenty of empty seats. For a college game 15K fans in any arena is good.

Comment

Darn - I forgot all about it! I assume it was on NESN Plus since the Bruins were on.Hopefully there will be a replay.
                              BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post
                                Darn - I forgot all about it! I assume it was on NESN Plus since the Bruins were on.Hopefully there will be a replay.
                                I was at Blackhawks -Bruins and got home in time to watch OT. I loved seeing the old uni’s. I loved hearing the band and a small, but rabid cheering section.

I did a little Women’s Beanpot research. They lost 24-0 to NU in ‘95 😳

It’s good to see that one hockey team at BU is relevant.
                                It Happened!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X