X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU Terriers 2018-19: Albie in Charge

Originally posted by chickod View Post
    Raise your hand if you have actually BEEN to this game....anyone? anyone? Bueller?
    (what a dreadful experience...there are more people at a practice...)
    Yes, I have been to one of these games. That usually hasn't been necessary as a BU fan, since we haven't actually played in many of them historically. It was in 2013 - Jack's last Beanpot game as head coach. I live down here in Florida, and had arranged the trip to see the Beanpot final with my family. It was the first Beanpot game I was going to see in person in 20 years. We always make the final, right? Well, we didn't and we went anyway since I already paid for the trip. It was my family and about 20 others in the building to start the game. As everyone knows we lost that one badly. I think as it turned out, if we won that game, we were in the NCAA tournament.

Comment

So now BU and BC have identical 10-14-3 records
      Does tonight mean Northeastern ( with big fan support gets the 8 PM game next year
      BU-BC at 5 would be a first for beanpot

Comment

Originally posted by DLG View Post
        So now BU and BC have identical 10-14-3 records
        Does tonight mean Northeastern ( with big fan support gets the 8 PM game next year
        BU-BC at 5 would be a first for beanpot
        Yes
        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Correct NU will play Harvard at 8pm on the 1st Monday in February 2020!

Comment

Are you guys being serious? I can't imagine BC-BU would be 5 PM.

Comment

Of course it will be, this is how the pairings work based on the prior years performance...it just has not shaken out this way before. Get a nice spot on the 3:45 Commuter from Framingfish!

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                Why? What has BU or BC done to deserve it? Nu and Harvard, both better than BU and BC. NU is champ, they play late game.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                  Raise your hand if you have actually BEEN to this game....anyone? anyone? Bueller?
                  (what a dreadful experience...there are more people at a practice...)
                  I've been to a few. The more recent ones have been because I have gone with a group of work friends with different allegiances. If BU happens to be in the consolation game, I do my best to get there early enough to watch it. After all, it is still a BU Hockey Game...

The most memorable (other than the Hodge controversial ending in 1987) would be 1994 (I think that is right).. Harvard took care of us in the first round, we came back and trounced Northeastern 8-0, on the way to a very respectable second half, making it to the Frozen Four (as did Harvard).

Side note: I have a photo from that game with Shane Johnson and Rich Brennan on d, and a line with Bill Pierce, Shawn Bates, and Jon Jenkins on the ice at once. Can anyone tell me why that is sort if a cool thing? (It's possible that only 4 of the 5 were in it, and that my mind has completed the group over the year - I'm too lazy to look for the photo right now).
                  BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

I have to admit that with all the talk of declining attendance, I was impressed by the crowd tonight. The tops of the corners had some bare spots, but other than the place looked full (granted, my seats were facing the side with both the NU and BC contingents).
                    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                      It's always been determined by who won it the prior year, winner gets 8pm spot.
                      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                        Any idea since when? Because there are multiple examples of this not being the case when I look at Beanpot historical results.

Comment

BU won 2006 Beanpot and played first game in 2007. Other examples before then. If it's not an official rule, have to believe BC-BU will be at 8 next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by JerryP66 View Post
                            Why? What has BU or BC done to deserve it? Nu and Harvard, both better than BU and BC. NU is champ, they play late game.
                            We will see....
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                              Pretty sure the powers that be pick the late game based on which game they think will be the better prime time draw.

Now with the way things are going that certainly could mean that NU / Harv is the late game, but previous years winner is by no means an automatic late game.

Personally I’d be more likely to go if BU/BC is at 5:00. Cut out of work a bit early, grab dinner after the game and still be home at a reasonably early hour makes for a pretty good evening.
                              Last edited by ericredaxe; 02-12-2019, 05:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                                Pretty sure the powers that be pick the late game based on which game they think will be the better prime time draw.

Now with the way things are going that certainly could mean that NU / Harv is the late game, but previous years winner is by no means an automatic late game.
                                Yes, that is why the game times are not announced in the fall when the team schedules come out. The first NU was the defending champion back in 1981 they played the early game vs Harvard and BU-BC was the late game. It is true that the past decade the defending champion has been in the late game, but it is also true that the defending champion was BC or BU except for the last two and both played BU.

Sean
                                Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                                Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                                BU Hockey highlights and extras
                                NCAA Hockey Financials
                                Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                                I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Working...
                                X