This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rover View Post
    That's been clear for quite some time now. Unless you have Bobby Orr back there, I don't like it when a defenseman is the top scorer. I don't like it when the top goal scorer barely has double digit goals (10) in February. I like the effort, which is something we didn't always see during the end of Parker's era. But the inability to put the puck in the net is fatal. Not blaming Albie as he didn't recruit these guys, and there have been a ton of departures. But, if we took a drink every time they shoot the puck straight into the goalie's chest each game we'd all be on the floor of the arena by the 2nd intermission with the room spinning around.
    Wha?!?!?

If Albie didn’t.... why’d he get the job

Thought that was the whole point
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Re: BU Terriers 2018-19: Albie in Charge

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
      The issue is, from what I understand, a lingering leg injury of some kind. I don't specifically know the severity, but from reading the tea leaves I don't believe this is a short-term thing and am skeptical that he was actually a game time decision on Monday.
      I heard the same info from a well connected BU STH.

Comment

Watching the Bruins beat up on the Rangers... I wonder how Quinn feels about his decision (financial aspect aside).

Edit: And now the tide has turned... Go Bruins!
        Last edited by ericredaxe; 02-06-2019, 09:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
          Watching the Bruins beat up on the Rangers... I wonder how Quinn feels about his decision (financial aspect aside).
          Um...probably pretty good right about now.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            Wha?!?!?

If Albie didn’t.... why’d he get the job

Thought that was the whole point
            I'll give the dude a little breathing room. Remember it took Quinn 5 years to figure out how to coach and make his team reach their potential (and then of course he turned around and immediately ditched the team for the NHL! ).
            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

• Originally posted by Rover View Post
              I'll give the dude a little breathing room. Remember it took Quinn 5 years to figure out how to coach and make his team reach their potential (and then of course he turned around and immediately ditched the team for the NHL! ).
              Tough to judge from one year, especially this year. This team just isn’t as strong as last year and Bobo being out is a killer.
              P. S. In case it hasn't been mentioned already, Vidoli to Ohio State.

Comment

Originally posted by srsterrier View Post
                Tough to judge from one year, especially this year. This team just isn’t as strong as last year and Bobo being out is a killer.
                P. S. In case it hasn't been mentioned already, Vidoli to Ohio State.
                Even fully healthy, this BU team isn't as deep nor talented as last year. Bobo's injury impacts the team so much more.due to those factors.

Not shocked Vidoli goes back to his native Ohio. Plays closer to home and assuming he's not on scholarship (he wasn't at BU), in-state tuition @ OSU makes a big difference compared to the ~$65K/year at BU.

Comment

Originally posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post
                  Even fully healthy, this BU team isn't as deep nor talented as last year. Bobo's injury impacts the team so much more.due to those factors.

Not shocked Vidoli goes back to his native Ohio. Plays closer to home and assuming he's not on scholarship (he wasn't at BU), in-state tuition @ OSU makes a big difference compared to the ~$65K/year at BU.
                  Yes but on the flip side, you have to live in Ohio for another 4 years...

Albie has a not so talented team playing hard. That's a credit to him. Okay so their moves around the net remind of that time shrader was on a date at T's Pub, but its all good. Like that late, not so great poster (who I believe eventually got married and then screwed to North Carolina) there's room for improvement especially if Albie can get more talent in here.
                  Last edited by Rover; 02-08-2019, 10:53 AM.
                  Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                    Yes but on the flip side, you have to live in Ohio for another 4 years...

Albie has a not so talented team playing hard. That's a credit to him. Okay so their moves around the net remind of that time shrader was on a date at T's Pub, but its all good. Like that late, not so great poster (who I believe eventually got married and then screwed to North Carolina) there's room for improvement especially if Albie can get more talent in here.
                    Well, next years freshman class will seemingly be ranked among the top 5, with Zegras, Mastrosimone and the 3 d-men from USNDTP. So there is a good chance that the talent level will be higher next year.
                    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                      One trend I'd like to see Albie develop (pun intended) is for depth/role players to improve so they make a bigger impact in their roles as they become upperclassmen. I feel this year the likes of Curry, Amonte, Crotty, Farrance (to an extent) have definitely improved. Even Cloonan has finally started playing like the Ryan Cloonan we saw his Freshman year.

One criticism of the DQ regime is that he spent much more of his focus on his stars, and didn't invest enough towards developing his depth players. Quinn regularly shortened his bench and leaned very heavily on a small group of players; some of that was a byproduct of not being able to coach up role players so he could trust them enough in key situations.

Comment

4 in a row!!

Shots were really 12-30 after two??

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                          4 in a row!!

Shots were really 12-30 after two??
                          Someone said last week that it looks like they are just hoping for lucky bounces (or something to that effect). After watching the last couple of games, they either don't have any plan to attack the net or they don't have the talent to carry it out. Either way, you see the results. It's not exactly "dump and suck," it's actually worse. A lot of throwing the puck forward or to open ice and "hoping" somebody gets there first.

Comment

Originally posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post
                            One criticism of the DQ regime is that he spent much more of his focus on his stars, and didn't invest enough towards developing his depth players. Quinn regularly shortened his bench and leaned very heavily on a small group of players; some of that was a byproduct of not being able to coach up role players so he could trust them enough in key situations.
                            Seems kind of evident why he did that, no? Maybe they couldn't be coached up? It's one thing for Belichick to do it with professional athletes, but quite another with "unproven" talent.

Comment

first umass win at haa since 2012

Comment

Not sure why some are encouraged by “more talent “ (2 forwards) coming in next year. They are losing Carpenter and probably Oettinger and Fabbro, and maybe Bowers, Farrance, and Krys. Maybe even Farabee. They shouldn’t be this bad this year all excuses aside please. O’Connell hasn’t done a good job by almost any measure. Close losses at home is what he is getttng credit for. They weren’t supposed to bottom out this year and they are headed that way.

Comment

Working...
                                X